Matt Giteau...seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD he is a shocking fly half. Since when is it a good idea to KICK A GOAL when we are more than 7 points behind! Fair dinkum this guy is a shocking decision maker and Elsom the captain was not much better! Dead set if he takes another penalty shot when we are more than 3 behind I'd be hooking him right away!:thumbsdown:

Would love it if Berrick wasnt out. Such a big blow.

I wouldnt even mind if bloody Quade Cooper was given a shot and Gits was put to 12. At least Quade would have a run and have a go at the defense. (he apparently dominated the mid-week game this morning. Scored one try himself and set up the other 5 or something like that. Against ordinary opposition i will admit though).

I'd put Cooper at 10. Honestly could we do much WORSE? Lets be honest, Giteau can't kick in general play, is not a playmaker and is an awful decision making. Yes Cooper is inconsistent..so was Carlos Spencer and he did ok..

Cooper is not a bad option as his kicking game is brilliant, although he is not great defensively. As Swans120 mentioned, he played very well overnight (scored 16 points, I think). Gits any chance at scrum half? I did not see the final Bledisloe game (stupid uni essay) and so do not know how Genia played. Good, bad?

Genia was one of our best, always trying something, great vision and he is so strong for a guy his size. He is a bloody good player already and must be one of the few players who are "safe" atm. Your point of moving Gits from 10 certainly stands though, and i just reckon he has to go to 12 for the good of the team, when Berrick is back and even now and move Quade Cooper in.

You seem to rate Horne very highly.

Have watched him for a number of years. AT HIS BEST he is the best centre that we have had potentially since Horan. The guy is elusive and is quicker than you think. It is just that at the moment becuase he is growing he has had a few injuries. Watch out for him in 12 months time. No doubt he'll be the starting 13 at the World Cup for mine.

why would you want cross at 13. he is a bench player at best
give Ioane a run there. he played there in super 14 and looked allright

Dunno if Cross is a bench player. In a bench player i'd want some spark, as in he can come on and make a quick impact in a short amount of time with either some strength or pace (for an outside back). Cross doesnt really have great strength or pace in my book. He is just a solid 13. Will make his tackles for the most part and will run hard for the most part and will get the job done not any extraordinary heights, but will do his job. Unfortunately, that is the best we have there atm (with AAC needed elsewhere, ie. all over the back line). I'd like Ioane to get a run there but it has been said that his defence is shocking there. He got enough ball on the wing on Saturday anyway, so im happy for him to stay there, AND he is just coming back from a bad shoulder injury.

fair point. to be fair he does do his job well enough. oh and to be fair to giteau its the captain's decision wether to kick or not although do agree he just doesnt cut it at fly half against the better teams

What? Have you been the kicker for a team before? 99 times out of 100 it is the KICKER that gets the final say in terms of whether a goalkick is taken, not the captain. Beleive me, I have been both. If I wanted a shot at goal, the capatin would give it to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have watched him for a number of years. AT HIS BEST he is the best centre that we have had potentially since Horan. The guy is elusive and is quicker than you think. It is just that at the moment becuase he is growing he has had a few injuries. Watch out for him in 12 months time. No doubt he'll be the starting 13 at the World Cup for mine.

If he is half as good as Horan then he will be a great player.

I still think Ioane should be in the centres, despite his supposed defensive flaws.

If he is half as good as Horan then he will be a great player.

I still think Ioane should be in the centres, despite his supposed defensive flaws.

Agreed on the first part. Nothing in his game suggests he won't and I know that is a big call. As for Ioane will not happen. I actually know one of the Wallabies personally, and he has told me flat out that Digby is seen as a winger by Deans. Will not under any circumstance be named in the centres. In fact they see four guys as better outside centres (Horne, Mortlock, Tyrone Smith, and AAK)

Stirling is back after the Ireland game supposedly right? He wasnt going too well before he got hurt but he has to come back in when he gets back. A bit of leadership in the backline and some solid go forward at 13 will help the backline a lot. Cross as has been said is doing the job asked of him, but we need more to beat teams like Wales and Ireland as they have some big, bad,nasty centres in Jamie Roberts, Shanklin and O'Driscoll.

Agreed on the first part. Nothing in his game suggests he won't and I know that is a big call. As for Ioane will not happen. I actually know one of the Wallabies personally, and he has told me flat out that Digby is seen as a winger by Deans. Will not under any circumstance be named in the centres. In fact they see four guys as better outside centres (Horne, Mortlock, Tyrone Smith, and AAK)

Digby named at 13!!!:D

Yep which again proves my point- he is a centre, not a fly half. Never has been, never will be a chief playmaker. He is not Carter, he is more like Luke McCalister in the fact that both are centres but they can be equally crap at fly half. To think that Robinson played the game last night when he was rated only a 5% chance of playeing. That guy would make a World XV front row.

Didnt get to see the 2nd half was too late an i fell asleep at halftime

But Pocock was sensational in that first half.
Was laying tackle after tackle and was always there on his feet trying to pinch the ball.
Plus scored a try for his efforts.
Unless he ran out of steam in 2nd half he surely deserved motm because it was his wok that helped setup tht win.

An totally agree Giteau is so much better at inside centre an is the only position he should be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Giteau...seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back