Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Be Quiet Ben Stiller GIF

Good consistent player, best word I'd use for him is reliable. Not an elite pressure forward or goal kicker but can do both at a reasonable standard.

Took a unconventional path to the AFL, wouldn't have been paid too much in his career up to this point so I couldn't blame him for looking after his family. Would suck for Carlton though given our young small forwards haven't really fired a shot this year (injuries for Motlop and regression from Durdin). Not sure what kind of compensation we would get, at least more than we got for Zac Fisher I'd think.

Carlton claim that they want to retain him, so they announce that they haven't offered him a contract yet. Makes no sense, unless they are shopping him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope we can hang onto him but he will have better offers that will be tempting for a bloke who hasn’t been on an above average contract so far. Obviously not elite but he’s turned into a very competent small forward who I think will only get better. 5 good years of footy ahead of him, didn’t take many knocks from age 16-21 pursuing a basketball career.

Really hope we can hang onto him but he will have better offers that will be tempting for a bloke who hasn’t been on an above average contract so far. Obviously not elite but he’s turned into a very competent small forward who I think will only get better. 5 good years of footy ahead of him, didn’t take many knocks from age 16-21 pursuing a basketball career.

I am surprised he doesn't have a contract offer in front of him.

He is the type of playing you should be signing for 3 years.

Still no contract offer for Owies. Surely a few other clubs make an offer.

Carlton small forward Matt Owies will have to wait for a contract offer from the Blues in the post-season even as his remarkable season continues with another brilliant effort in a crunch game.
The Blues are to keep their options open even if it increases their chances of losing Owies to a rival club as they sort through their small forward pecking order.

Owies kicked three goals against West Coast to take his season tally to 32 from 22 games, trailing only Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay among Blues goalkickers.

Essendon had at one stage been linked to Owies but they will secure NGA pick Isaac Kako, who is a bustling small forward.

So the Blues are content to hold off, not ruling out a contract offer but holding tight for now.

Carlton small forward Jack Martin is also set to receive a contract offer and while suitors had been keen on him he has broken down in two of the three games he has played this year.

It puts his future into doubt despite his huge potential in the rare times he has put a string of games together.

Carlton small forward Jack Martin is also set to receive a contract offer and while suitors had been keen on him he has broken down in two of the three games he has played this year.

Did they make a typo here?

Why on earth would Carlton offer Jack Martin a contract over Owies?

Woeful list management, if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back