Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

We've offered him a 2 year contract. Just hasn't been reported by Cal Twomey (who despises carlton).

So only 9 goal assists difference in 2 years? I'd say that's insignificant.

Touches aren't that important for a small forward. Tackle numbers more relevant. Schultz averages more so that's probably the difference in price (2.5 Owies, 4 Schultz).

Not saying their worth the same as Schultz. But to think he's worth anything less than a second rounder is just wrong.
Disposal numbers are important as it shows which players have the flexibility to push up the ground. Schultz is not just a small forward but a half forward who can push up into the midfield. Owies is just a finishing small forward and that is it.

Disposal numbers are important as it shows which players have the flexibility to push up the ground. Schultz is not just a small forward but a half forward who can push up into the midfield. Owies is just a finishing small forward and that is it.
Valid point. I'd argue that's not what they recruited him for though. And that also probably skews his tackle numbers.

Owies is basically an undersized KPF. Does SFA when the ball hits the ground but is good for a lead up and is a good set shot for goal.

I wouldn't be chasing him too hard but he trains hard so might be good for a developing team just in terms of smarts and standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back