Matthew Broadbent - Past Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing more as a goal kickong half foward rather than midfield. Ebert has taken his spot in the middle

Reckon he spends just as much time in the middle as he did last year.

I think people were expecting him to show more as a midfielder (last year) and he certainly didnt impact as effectively last year when playing hff.

It will be interesting to see how he approaches this weekends game, for one of the few times this year he will probably be playing against less experienced players than himself. He really needs to follow up the North game with a strong showing this week to build on his developing game. I wont be expecting him to get 25-30 disposals (wouldnt be unhappy if he did), just hope he continues to show the good decision making whilst taking the game on. 18-20 disposals, a goal (or two), smart decisions and effective disposal will be good for him.

Playing more as a goal kickong half foward rather than midfield. Ebert has taken his spot in the middle

With his ability to shirk a tackle, quality decision making and good strong kick he makes a perfect half forward. Now just to keep building his tank so he can run all day, Stevie J style.

I have never understood where the perception of Broadbent having poor skills came from... To me he's always been AMAZING when he gets near the ball - he just struggled to do that.

Now he's overcoming that. One of my favourite players and I hope his play continues to develop. I can't really see any ceiling for him - he's not super speedy, but he's not as slow as some are suggesting. He's kinda like a Butcher - big giraffe lope but covers ground.

I hope he becomes our James Kelly - with added goalkicking.

This. The best kick in our side at the moment for mine.

Needs to find more of the ball and he will be huge.

I really enjoy watching Jay kick the ball. Has such a great action.

Has a lot of Darren Jarman's set shot about it. Just goes back, runs straight at the target and kicks through the ball.

No weird ball-grip, pauses, funny routines, counted-out steps or foreign techniques, just simple fundamental goalkicking.

I have always been a massive fan. 2008 was the first draft I paid much attention to and I wanted Broady. I had him in my Dreamteam all last year and i am still a fan! James Kelly. I hadn't thought of that.

2008 is looking like a great crop. Hartlett, Trengove, Broady and Redden. I think the Burger gave us Sloane at 42 and then there was the Choco Rockliff thing. Oh well. Couda shouda. Go Broady.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the entire last quarter for the first time since the game, yep, Broady was bloody good, especially getting those 2 kicks out in the same play to get the ball to stewart. Great work ethic. Keep it up.

I'd love him to develop as a permanent HFF but efforts like that make me want to see him in the midfield

Jay's weird like that. His field kicking has always been terrible, but there isn't a player in the AFL who I'd rather have lining up for a set shot.

He was a fantastic field kick at Richmond. It's a big part of the reason Wallet played him down back. I've watched a lot of Schulzy at Port and I don't think his field kicking has been terrible. Not as good as it was when he was with us but still reasonable at least. As a forward, a lot of his field kicks are from marks anyway. When he was a defender he showed a lot of rebound in 2008 and his kicking was very good. Has a beauty of a left foot too.

He was a fantastic field kick at Richmond. It's a big part of the reason Wallet played him down back. I've watched a lot of Schulzy at Port and I don't think his field kicking has been terrible. Not as good as it was when he was with us but still reasonable at least. As a forward, a lot of his field kicks are from marks anyway. When he was a defender he showed a lot of rebound in 2008 and his kicking was very good. Has a beauty of a left foot too.

In b4 Schulzy is Salter'd

Matty is a beautiful user of the ball and a hard nut too. I love how he is a goal kicker, not trained but instinctive it seems, something we sorely need from our guys, the hunger to just go forward. He is looking good, hope we can say the same when our supposed A grade midfielders set up and offer more.

I have always been a massive fan. 2008 was the first draft I paid much attention to and I wanted Broady. I had him in my Dreamteam all last year and i am still a fan! James Kelly. I hadn't thought of that.

2008 is looking like a great crop. Hartlett, Trengove, Broady and Redden. I think the Burger gave us Sloane at 42 and then there was the Choco Rockliff thing. Oh well. Couda shouda. Go Broady.

Oh boy - imagine if we took Sloane instead of Banner. Now that would have been some sort of draft for us.

Sloane instead of Banner (not that I have a problem with Banner) and Rockliff instead of Davenport would've pretty much made that the single best draft any team has ever had.

Daniel Stewart in the rookie draft was a decent find too.

Nothing will ever beat Geelong 01... not even if we did what you suggested.

Oh boy - imagine if we took Sloane instead of Banner. Now that would have been some sort of draft for us.

He wasn't some sort of sleeper either. Won the TAC Cup Coach's Award for doing exactly the sort of shit he's doing now at the highest level.

He wasn't some sort of sleeper either. Won the TAC Cup Coach's Award for doing exactly the sort of shit he's doing now at the highest level.

Could also ask why did we not get Sidebottom either, wasn't it 16 goals in a GF or something stupid like that?

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Broady played a ripper today, kept up his couple goal average and found space when he needed.

Just keeps getting better week after week.

Yeah it was the Suns and Haters be hatin' - but surely he deserves some kudos after that performance

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Broady played a ripper today, kept up his couple goal average and found space when he needed.

Just keeps getting better week after week.

Yeah it was the Suns and Haters be hatin' - but surely he deserves some kudos after that performance

He's turning into our X-factor that we've missed for years. Stuff happens when he has the ball. He doesn't appear to be the most skilled player, but has a knack for creating space and creating goals.

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Broadbent - Past Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back