Tigerbob

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies
Thank Jack Dyer this loser has left the building.

What we’ve seen through the draft has been nothing short of disgusting.

Chris Toce can turn this around with TALENT rather than the shit Clarke brought in.

We need to get as many draft picks and talent into our club.

This is the bright spot in our season, rats have left this sinking ship after putting the ****ing hole in it.

Chris Toce can turn this around with TALENT rather than the s**t Clarke brought in.

This is the bright spot in our season, rats have left this sinking ship after putting the ******* hole in it.

Who would you have taken bob ?

Chris Toce can turn this around with TALENT rather than the s**t Clarke brought in.

This is the bright spot in our season, rats have left this sinking ship after putting the ******* hole in it.
I messaged Clarke twice about Oscar Allen - never got a response. Guy was ****en clueless

Instead he drafts ****en soft duds like Banks, Ralphshit, Young and Sonsie. Clueless. How's Soligo and Lohmann going who I wanted!!!!!!!!

What picks has he been responsible for? Keen to see the list because yes some of our recent drafting has question marks, but who was out head recruiter over the last 10 years each year to make that assessment?
He absolutely nailed Higgins, CCJ, Dow and Collier-Dawkins. All first-round duds!

He absolutely nailed Higgins, CCJ, Dow and Collier-Dawkins. All first-round duds!
Higgins is far from a dud, we just traded him out but he can play.

CCJ it's hard to say as he's gone to a worse basket case than us.

Dow and RCD are awful picks.

How many years was Clarke our head recruiter? I thought it was Jackson for a lot of the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me we are coming up with some shit threads ATM.
Worse performance on BF than our boys are showing on the field ATM!!!!

Yes, our drafting has subpar since 2017 but seems a bit one-sided the melts only dwelling on our draft failures

Bolton, Balta, Baker, McAuliffe, Brown, Gibcus, Sonsie, MJ, Campbell and Lefeu all look solid picks.
Young, Miller, Ross, Graham all good role players
Unknown yet Steely Green, Ryan, Bauer, Fawcett, Hayes-Brown, Banks and Clarke.

I can handle a couple years of pain to help to rebuild the team with elite talent

Yes, our drafting has subpar since 2017 but seems a bit one-sided the melts only dwelling on our draft failures

Bolton, Balta, Baker, McAuliffe, Brown, Gibcus, Sonsie, MJ, Campbell and Lefeu all look solid picks.
Young, Miller, Ross, Graham all good role players
Unknown yet Steely Green, Ryan, Bauer, Fawcett, Hayes-Brown, Banks and Clarke.

I can handle a couple years of pain to help to rebuild the team with elite talent

Don’t see much future in Brown, Sonsie, Gibcus, MRJ or Campbell. Lafau is a still a long long shot of having a role in a good afl team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lennon and Ellis too. Along with fine eyes he’s sunk this list.

Thank Christ our wa recruiter can spot talent.

Lennon and Ellis were Hackson picks. Clarke's first draft was 2017 and his first 2 picks were Higgins and CCJ. Can't believe he hasn't been arrested for impersonating a recruiter and stealing money from the club for 10yrs

Don’t see much future in Brown, Sonsie, Gibcus, MRJ or Campbell. Lafau is a still a long long shot of having a role in a good afl team.

MRJ is the most improved player this season before he got injured. Becoming more damaging with the ball
Gibcus is first season showed the potential he has to be elite defender.
Brown will become an elite rebounder, it is not the backline fault the drubbing we are getting.
Campbell and Sonsie have shown a bit. More bullish on Campbell given it is really only his first full season given the injuries he had last year.
Lafau looks a steal, probably not going to be elite but can take the roll as third tall in forward line.

2018:
Riley Collier-Dawkins (delisted)
Jack Ross (plays semi-consistently, soon best 22 IMO)
Fraser Turner (delisted)
Luke English (delisted)
Jake Aarts (delisted)
Maverick Weller (SSP - delisted)
Sydney Stack (SSP - delisted)

2019:
Thomson Dow
Noah Cumberland

Will Martin (delisted)
Hugo Ralphsmith
Bigoa Nyuon (wasn’t coming on for us - traded to North Melbourne)
Marlion Pickett

2020:
Samson Ryan
Maurice Rioli Jr (father-son)
Mate Colina (Cat B rookie)
Rhyan Mansell

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (delisted)

2021:
Josh Gibcus
Tom Brown
Tyler Sonsie
Samuel Banks
Judson Clarke

Matthew Parker (delisted)

2022:
Kaleb Smith
Steely Green
Seth Campbell
Tylar Young
Jacob Bauer

2023:
Kane McAuliffe
Liam Fawcett
James Trezise
Mykelti Lefau

Look at how awful our drafting was in 2018-2020. I’m so glad Matt Clarke left.

The thing is, our drafting on the night was already questionable. It’s not even one of those “hindsight is 20/20” moments. We spent half the time melting at our selections, and above is the longer term result.

This guy thought he knew better than all the other recruiters/draft experts by using picks on players that other recruiters/draft experts thought were a reach. What made it worse is that Hardwick refused to consistently play some of these players. He kept them in the VFL and ran off to Gold Coast the moment it became apparent that our depth was stuffed.

At the end of the day though, why would Hardwick play these players if he didn’t think they were good?

Anyways, I’m glad we can move on to a new era. Although, I don’t know if this St Kilda recruiter guy Toce is any good. St Kilda is probably the only side that wasted more picks than we did in those years. Mattaes Phillipou kinda looks like a bust already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back