Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Been told to look elsewhere. He is looking for more midfield time than Carlton willing to offer . Seems a falling out with the coach.

I think Richmond would have interest as a replacement for Liam Baker. I could see Demons having some interest too. Can’t see many other options

I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up at Richmond though

No thanks, we already got a few tractors in the side already, plus he is still contracted so no way. We need young pacey kids.

Richmond even look at him we are going even further back.

Kenedy’s easily worth a mid to early second rounder , Matt would be great fit for North Melbourne. Mentoring and protecting their young gun midfielders.
He might just snare a late 1st rounder, tough, strong big bodied midfielder, can take a mark and nice penetrating kick on him too.
You are pretty much forcing him out. You would be lucky to get a late 2nd especially in this draft

Carlton would say that though, in an attempt to not diminish his trade value.

Blind Freddy can see you’ve got too many of the same type.

Carlton appear to be trying to clear cap-space to make a move on a player or two. Just don’t want to advertise it IMO.
Yes we do, but we're still not going to let go of a player who played every game this season for a pick in the 60s. We'd probably just keep him as a depth midfielder if it came down to pick 60 or Kennedy. Plenty of other spuds we could bugger off to clear cap space if we needed to.

Yes we do, but we're still not going to let go of a player who played every game this season for a pick in the 60s. We'd probably just keep him as a depth midfielder if it came down to pick 60 or Kennedy. Plenty of other spuds we could bugger off to clear cap space if we needed to.
Seems as though he’s been tapped on the shoulder though no?
Given the way he and two others have been leaked to the media as being on the way out?

if Carlton need cap space to fit in/target other players and these three have been selected to make way it significantly reduces your leverage.

Just reading between the lines a bit here, proof will be in the proverbial.

Nah. He isn’t wanted. He won’t want to stick around either. The fact the Blues have told him to go look for another club suggests they just want him out and are happy to accept whatever the club who will take him will offer.

Maybe even a swap of later picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspected this would happen when he was subbed out of the final despite playing well

27, good but not great player - best 22 inside midfielder that can play forward

Mid 2nd round hopefully, don’t really know how other supporters rate him? 3rd rounder might match the Ben Camporeale bid

Wish him all the best
He's been told to look elsewhere, I can't see the Blues getting a 2nd rounder for him.

We could use a bigger bodied inside mid in the middl age bracket. He would fit ok if the price is right.
I'm with Snuffaluphagus

The only mid under 30 we have with any pace is Holmes and possibly Smith. I think it would be one too many slower players, which incidentally is exactly why I think the blues would be fine losing him.

He's been told he's free to have a look around at what is out there.

He'll still be on the list if there's nothing he sees as ideal for him.
Exaclty, the club clearly dont see him as a need on the list.

I think there is zero chance of him landing the Blues a second round pick, but as always, time will tell.

Exaclty, the club clearly dont see him as a need on the list.

I think there is zero chance of him landing the Blues a second round pick, but as always, time will tell.
Suppose that’s true, I think his value is as a second rounder but it may be more concern around his salary than his open market value

Plus we get Ben Camporeale this draft and he’s very much in that Cripps/Pendles traditional centreman mould - we’d want to get games into him and Lord so there’d be even less midfield minutes on offer to Kennedy, thus whilst a decent player he becomes surplus to need

Setterfield was never as good as Kennedy and went for a future 4th, I think Kennedy is definitely worth more than that but can understand the sentiment about him not being worth a 2nd

Suppose that’s true, I think his value is as a second rounder but it may be more concern around his salary than his open market value

Plus we get Ben Camporeale this draft and he’s very much in that Cripps/Pendles traditional centreman mould - we’d want to get games into him and Lord so there’d be even less midfield minutes on offer to Kennedy, thus whilst a decent player he becomes surplus to need

Setterfield was never as good as Kennedy and went for a future 4th, I think Kennedy is definitely worth more than that but can understand the sentiment about him not being worth a 2nd
That Essendon 4th for Setterfield would have been a pick in the 50s. You also handed the Bombers pick 68. Really it was nothing overall.

He is worth a 2nd but it looks like they want a quick sale if you know what I mean because they need to free up some cap room for Houston or maybe just maybe Petracca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back