Matthew Richardson set to annouce retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont bother coming down, they wont let u in.. Atleast theyre training so its not a complete waste.

I went along too. Didn't want to ask anyone if they were from BigFooty - you know what it's like.

There was only about 20 (or so) of us and as nice as it would have been to be inside, still, it's understandable to club wouldn't let us in.

Any other BFers go?

Stop the time clock, hold the final bell,
The greatest man in footy should get a proper farewell.
Silence the cheer squads and with muffled drum
Bring out the highlights packages, let the supporters come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning over Punt Road
Scribbling on the sky the message: RIIIII-IIII-CHO!
Put number 12s on the backs of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear one black velcro glove.

He was our Hope, our Love, our Mark and Goal,
Our towering screamer and our club’s soul,
Our full-forward, our centre-half-forward, our wingman, our song;
We thought that Richo would play for ever: we were wrong.

The draft is not wanted now: I couldn’t give a shit;
I’ll never see another three-bounce goal or dummy-spit;
Not another soaring Richo mark or comedy routine.
The one and only Number 12; the biggest heart there’s ever been.

Matthew, Richmond's Son. We love you and we'll miss you. Football will never be the same for me.:heart:

luvly work Ratd!
may have to go home 'tired and emotional' tearing up at my desk :(

At least I dont have to um and ah about Foxtel next year - gaawn!

A hero, a champion and a legend too.

Richo was always one of the best things in football, for fans of 15 clubs and occasionally the opposition too when he hit the timber or roosted one OOF, to enjoy.

In hindsight I guess I wouldve liked to see him go out in style at last years Brownlow, rather than be associated with this farce of a season, but about a billion times more, I wouldve loved him to go on a couple more...

I Loved Richo!! He was Champion, gave his heart and sole to Richmond!!

It's a sad day for every footy fan not just Richmond supporters as we all hold a special place in our hearts for the Great man!

Sad day for footy in general and a real shame he couldn't go out on a better note.

I for one will stand and applaud when Richo does a lap of honour before the Tigers - Blues game in Rd 1, 2010.

282 games & 800 goals is a phenomonal effort for a bloke that played mainly on a HFF and wing. If only he kicked straight....it would have been well over 1000!

The greatest Tiger i have ever seen and universally loved by all opposition supporters and players alike.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Richo a few times through some mutual acquaintances and he is without doubt one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet.

Well played Richo.....the next Tiger #12 will have massive shoes to fill.

I went along too. Didn't want to ask anyone if they were from BigFooty - you know what it's like.

There was only about 20 (or so) of us and as nice as it would have been to be inside, still, it's understandable to club wouldn't let us in.

Any other BFers go?

Yeah it's a bit like that. I didn't even think so say on here about catching up or whatever. Was only thinking bout Richo.

FIWI I was the young dude with a green shirt. LOL.

Honestly wtf, why not let half a dozen fans in? I could understand them not wanting to advertise for people to come down etc.. but surely someone from the club should have just allowed the 15-20 people in. What's the harm in it?

As it turned out SEN ****ed up their feed so I hardly got to hear it. If we had been allowed in the room however..

Since 1980 there has been little joy for Tiger supporters, the exception being the last 16 years watching Richo and applauding his courage, stamina and of course the entertainment. Richo's retirement announcement has affected me in a sad way and whilst I would have liked to see at least another year I respect his decision and wish him all the best. RICHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats on a great career richo. From a fan of another club looking in. You are one of the people i think of when they say that people live and bleed a club. Richo has been richmond for a long time. And you can tell that by how much the richmond fans love him. I have felt for him being such a great playing in a team with very little success lately. Would have loved to have seen Richo win the brownlow as i think the majority of people in the room that night would have. Congrats again, sad to see injury tear you down and stop the career. And for people who are judging where he stands in great players? This is a no brainer Richo is a great. I put him up there with Hird, Voss, Buckly, Harvey.

Still absolutely gutted. He was a champion of the game and has been one of my favourite players for as long as I can recall. Superstar. Good luck in '10 :thumbsu:

An absolute champion of the game and my favourite player by a mile even though im an Essendon supporter. Loved his rants and loved his passion for the game. I said during round 21 he should play 22 with a busted hamstring as a farewell game.I dont think ive ever wanted to see someone win an award like Richo winning last years brownlow. Love you Richo.

I want to be a Richo man.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Richardson set to annouce retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back