Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

GuzzLG

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh how satisfying it is to see this completely overrated tosser get found out. Looks like its all downhill from here for Scarlett, he's now reduced to a hack who:

-Would not dare to man up the oppositon's best forward e.g. Richo
-Handballs to the opposition under slight pressure for an easy goal
-Misses targets rebounding from defence under no pressure
-Gets used as a stepladder by hacks like Jay Schulz
-Has no awareness in traffic and gets pinged holding the ball
-Drops knees into an opponents head to give away stupid free kicks directly in front of goal

Fletcher > Scarlett, 2 flags > 1. :thumbsu:

Flag's in the bag hey Matty? :eek:

brave, very very brave.

I have had the opinion he is a tad overrated, only being flattered by his side (its very easy to look like a good defender when the ball never goes into defence)

however, to say it, you are opening yourself up for an asswhoopin

Tore them to shreds in the last quarter.

Better luck next time Guzz, keep punching on with you Fletcher stuff. Is he still playing?
Did 1 or 2 okay things when the Tigers' midfield where well and truly broken. Still nearly got the tiges back in it when he nearly got pinged in the goalsquare.

Showed his true colours when under the pump. :thumbsu:

You can be sure you are a complete asshat making a stupid thread when you have Geelong and Hawthorn supporters agreeing with each other against you. Take a bow Guzzler, take a bow.

Did 1 or 2 okay things when the Tigers' midfield where well and truly broken. Still nearly got the tiges back in it when he nearly got pinged in the goalsquare.

Showed his true colours when under the pump. :thumbsu:

You mean in the last quarter when we were behind and he gave us great drive out of the backline?

Seriously, did Fletcher retire last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean in the last quarter when we were behind and he gave us great drive out of the backline?

Seriously, did Fletcher retire last year?
Yeah nah...

Fletch is a true legend. All Australian at 32 years of age in a 12th placed side, playing pretty much a lone hand in defense. Scarlett, deficiencies masked by the abilities of his fellow defenders and midfielders.

hmmm last week people were saying that Scarlett was Geelong's most important player after Hawthorn's surge in the last quarter when Scarlett was on the bench and now this week he is apparently a washed up hack whose flaws are masked by the abilities of the defenders around him. wtf is going on there?

Why no love for Guzz

While he may not be washed up, Guzz says nothing that isn't true

whoops - one thing - he used the elbows not the knees
Hey I just call it like I see it. I consider myself to be quite the astute football observer and I watch games with no preconceived biases and comment accordingly.

Embarrassing today by Scarlett, strange why so many others are afraid to say what we all saw. I applaud you Sir CouchPotato for not being afraid to tell it like it is. :thumbsu:

hmmm last week people were saying that Scarlett was Geelong's most important player after Hawthorn's surge in the last quarter when Scarlett was on the bench and now this week he is apparently a washed up hack whose flaws are masked by the abilities of the defenders around him. wtf is going on there?
He's deteriorating by the week. Pencilling in a bag for Lloyd in round 10. That is if Scarlett bothers to have him as an opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back