Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah...

Fletch is a true legend. All Australian at 32 years of age in a 12th placed side, playing pretty much a lone hand in defense. Scarlett, deficiencies masked by the abilities of his fellow defenders and midfielders.
Remember when Kingsley kicked seven on Fletcher, in a year when Geelong was a bottom-eight side?

According to the Herald-Sun, Scarlett had a gain of 524m with 19 possessions (avg. 27.5m) on Saturday, compared with Fletcher's gain of 501m with 28 possessions (avg. 17.9m) yesterday.

Not bad for a washed up hack. :rolleyes:

HP conveniently forgets that Bud Love and Badhead had 2/3 of 5/8 of SFA until Scarlet and Taylor went off.

Scarlett came back on and Roughead still took marks and goaled on him. As did Franklin.

The increased goal rate coincided with Hawthorn's run in the midfield, and not the matchups in our forward line.

Wah wah wah. Dry those tears.

Heard the same thing you pack of chokers when I dared to claim that they weren't the certainties to be premiers that everybody thought they were. Turns out my credibility got a massive boost. :) :thumbsu:

I don't know about your credibility, but your stupidity stocks are off the charts.
Really, if you're gonna troll, try and use something that someone could take even partially seriously. Sherr's right...so laughable it's not worthy of serious rebuttal.

According to the Herald-Sun, Scarlett had a gain of 524m with 19 possessions (avg. 27.5m) on Saturday, compared with Fletcher's gain of 501m with 28 possessions (avg. 17.9m) yesterday.

"Average gain per possession", LOL. And I thought "Oranges consumed at 1/2 time" was a useless stat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guzzle 'ole son, you are just cut because the broader football community rate him above Fletcher.

How many times did Fletcher handpass it to the opposition forward 10m out from goal?

How many times did Fletcher drop an elbow on an opponent gifting them a goal 15 m out directly in front?

How many times was Fletcher used as a stepladder by the opposition?

How many times was Fletcher caught holding the ball in his defensive 50?

:)

How many times did Fletcher handpass it to the opposition forward 10m out from goal?

How many times did Fletcher drop an elbow on an opponent gifting them a goal 15 m out directly in front?

How many times has the hack been to the tribunal

Always loved the "<insert Geelong defender> doesn't play on the best forward" argument. You'd almost have believing they ran around by themselves all day.

Scarlett didn't play on Richo because he didn't play out of the goalsquare...god I don't even know why I bit at this rubbish.

Enjoy the year champ.

Not enough.

Not enough to fail a comparison test with Scarlett?

Not enough for me to give a shit about this thread.

I'm sure if I could muster the effort to watch a game of footy involving Essendon I could find a few points to raise with regards Fletcher, but really typing out this post is about far as it's going to go. Watch an Essendon game? Blergh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back