Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth, in the Box Hill practice game I saw Shaz attack the contest in the air and on the ground better than I've ever seen him. It looks like he's finally got over his knee psychologically which I felt he was still tentative about last year. He didn't star in the game and didn't actually do much else but he having a real crack in the contests I thought.

Sugest he coped a burn from Lyndon

Lets hope that penny's dropped

Anyone want to chart Shaz’s Games and the position of the opposition on the ladder?
My conspiracy theory, and I love a conspiracy, is that his career is being nobbled by only selecting him in games against the best opposition.
I might be wrong....( ha! Highly unlikely) but it’s a theory.

2017:

Lions
Freo
Ess
GC
Melb x 2
Adel
Nth Melb
Port
Geel

Mainly bottom 8 teams. So that theory needs a rethink.

Oh and his best games came against Adelaide and Port, funnily enough, 11 marks in each game and 24 disp in both.

Last edited:

Rumour was that they wanted Shaz to bulk up and potentially play more as a key defender. I think if anything he needs to stay light to maximise his pace and running capacity.

Trying to make him another Lynden Dunn is a mistake. Will slow him and once bulked it can be hard to rid the muscle. If he's not looking likely in defence then I'd switch him to the forward line - not many 190cm marking options there at the moment.

That rumour makes sense because Buckley loves to try and play guys out of position. Next idea will be Blair in the ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poise.
Class.
Maturity.

This is the real deal.
He has it.

Will he be a star? Don’t know. But he’ll sure be a darn good player. Solid like a rock but laced with poise.

Remember form is temporary class is forever.

Really solid today. Great tackle on Cameron and good in the air. Definitely took steps in his career today. Well deserved

He's as slow as treacle, but can take a clean mark and appears to read the play pretty well.
We need a forward marking target and forward defensive pressure. Move him there and get games into him. Crocker is not the answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back