Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's as slow as treacle, but can take a clean mark and appears to read the play pretty well.
We need a forward marking target and forward defensive pressure. Move him there and get games into him. Crocker is not the answer.
You're not getting forward defensive pressure from Shaz. He's a half back or nothing IMO.

He will be a solid player for us. May not be able to play the smaller guys like he used to at U18 level but he played the bigger guys pretty well today. All that he needs to overcome was the fear of re injury and the contest.

I hope we give him.the time to.develop.

He's developed some nice guns as well.

Despite his body having failed him numerous times, his talent still shines through . We need to play him regularly and hope the body adapts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First to admit I questioned the blokes intensity

Great game today , as mentione we need the penny to drop

Hope it has

He was good yesterday. Reads the ball really well and if just left there will develop well. Didn’t get lost in transition like he did a bit last year. Kicks nicely to and generally makes good decisions.

I am not a Langdon fan to be honest. He has very little confidence in his decision making and kicking. I am going to watch replay and look for how often he goes back and sideways rather than looks at the 45 option.

He was good yesterday. Reads the ball really well and if just left there will develop well. Didn’t get lost in transition like he did a bit last year. Kicks nicely to and generally makes good decisions.

I am not a Langdon fan to be honest. He has very little confidence in his decision making and kicking. I am going to watch replay and look for how often he goes back and sideways rather than looks at the 45 option.
Agree on Langdon, if he doesn't get it now, it is unlikely he ever will
Schaz is by far the better option

I’ve been saying it for a couple years now, if Langdon could kick he’d be a top 10 general defender in the league. He’s so frustrating.

Amazing how some continuity can bring out a player’s potential. Fingers crossed he builds on this game, because his ceiling is still quite high imo.

Amazing how some continuity can bring out a player’s potential. Fingers crossed he builds on this game, because his ceiling is still quite high imo.

My expectations for him have become increasingly modest, but I was excited yesterday by the fact he wasn't slow. His ceiling definitely gets a bit higher when you add some pace with those football smarts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back