Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day guys, don't mean to intrude but Tradedraft mentioned something on channel 10 on our board, could anyone tell me what was said or was it more of a he might go or might not sort of nothing story?
Was a nothing story. No new info that we didn't already know.

I've watched this board trade/sell Travis Cloke three times in his career, dead set gone he was, just needed the ink to dry on the contract, his brothers had talked him into it, his bags were packed by his mum and his dad had already booked the press conference.

The over-optimistic posters here: "media would be all over this if he were moving".

Media covers it in prime time.

Optimistic posters: "it's just a media blow-up!"

Guys he's gaaaawwwwwnnnnn

(Never been so disappointed to be right. :cry:)

Why? Because a news report, reported someone at Collingwood is going home? That could be a totally bogus report or any of our other interstate players. Kennedy or Oxley fit that report just as well as Scharenberg for example.

The report didn't say anything except he has out contract talks off until the end of the season and don't think anyone in there right mind would embe talking contracts in his circumstances simply said he wanted to concentrate on getting his body right and breaking into the senior squad before he would begin talks not really interpreted like channel 10 he's going loll

Did the Ch 10 report actually name Schazza? Or just a reference to a 'young' Pie? Could perhaps be Ben Ken or another who can't cement a regular 22 spot. Other 'young' Pies could also include Seedsman or PK?

(Grasping at strws here. DO NOT WANT TO LOSE HIM)

If we were to trade Scharenberg and our first this year for Treloar, we would be winning that I reckon.
Scharenberg may be a good player, but he lacks toughness and speed and could become a bit of a Bryce Gibbs, imo.
The amazing thing about that draft is I would happily take Langdon and Marsh at picks 6 and 10 from what we've seen, so whatever we get from Freeman and Scharenberg is a bonus.

be bitter if he goes, was so excited when we picked him up. a late 1st rounder in this draft sucks as compensation if thats all we end up with.

By all accounts he is to use an old school term, 'up himself'. Very arrogant and will do what he thinks is best for him and screw anyone else.

I met the kid on sat night and he was far from up himself. He was polite, well mannered and accommodating. He was a very nice young fella. I know another young kid at the club who really likes him. He is quite shy, does not drink and very introverted . Definitely not one of the boys but he wouldn't be at any club. He I'd just not a lad. Nothing wrong with that. He did seem to be spending quite a bit of time with pendles, they seemed to get along pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the Ch 10 report actually name Schazza? Or just a reference to a 'young' Pie? Could perhaps be Ben Ken or another who can't cement a regular 22 spot. Other 'young' Pies could also include Seedsman or PK?

Named him and showed footage of him playing.

They did say Scharanberg as the one that is Very Likely to go home

I've watched this board trade/sell Travis Cloke three times in his career, dead set gone he was, just needed the ink to dry on the contract, his brothers had talked him into it, his bags were packed by his mum and his dad had already booked the press conference.

Gold gold gold

(For the three times Cloke was gone)

Matthew will be long term (gun) Pie

I get that vibe, quiet/understated "I'm better than everyone else" setup
Already been said but thats a common misconception about someone who is shy and introverted and happens to be good at what they do

Mark Stevens on Talking Footy just mentioned Shazza putting off contract talks and possibly moving back home to SA as well.

Mark Stevens on Talking Footy just mentioned Shazza putting off contract talks and possibly moving back home to SA as well.

Better not be ****ing true. Despite people undervaluing him, I think he'll be a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back