Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does feel that way and I am tending towards him being gone. The good thing is that he has currency and we should be able to get something decent for him. Look what we did with the Beams deal.

We get a 1st Rounder you think and then what do we do with that Pick. Take it to the Draft, Be part of the Possible Treloar Trade or for another player

Just has me vexed sometimes.....why do you guys do this to yourselves EVERY year?
First it was Clokey, then Daisy, then Beamer....now its Shazz? Do you guys like hitting yourselves with hammers too?
Players will leave (for whatever reason) now that they have the power. Their managers will facilitate whatever players want (more money, better opportunity for game time, lifestyle changes, being closer to family / friends....) never before have the players held this much power in "negotiations" and they are determined to use it. Yes it's frustrating to think you have a gun player that will play 10 years....but the reality is: It's their business now, it's their employment opportunity and they will use their power to get themselves and their families the BEST possible deal for themselves.
Analyzing the to's and fro's, the rumours and the media coverage is a one way ticket to the looney bin.

End of rant....I'm off to find a hammer!:confused:

We get a 1st Rounder you think and then what do we do with that Pick.

weed.1.jpg

Just has me vexed sometimes.....why do you guys do this to yourselves EVERY year?
First it was Clokey, then Daisy, then Beamer....now its Shazz? Do you guys like hitting yourselves with hammers too?
Players will leave (for whatever reason) now that they have the power. Their managers will facilitate whatever players want (more money, better opportunity for game time, lifestyle changes, being closer to family / friends....) never before have the players held this much power in "negotiations" and they are determined to use it. Yes it's frustrating to think you have a gun player that will play 10 years....but the reality is: It's their business now, it's their employment opportunity and they will use their power to get themselves and their families the BEST possible deal for themselves.
Analyzing the to's and fro's, the rumours and the media coverage is a one way ticket to the looney bin.

End of rant....I'm off to find a hammer!:confused:

Well then I would Ignore Bigfooty and the Media then until after the Trade Period then. Be like that until then

I'm probably the odd one out and will get blasted for this, but I still haven't seen anything from Scharenberg to make me think he will be a gun. I know he's coming off injuries, etc, but if we can get a good pick/player for him, and he doesn't want to stay, I think we'll win out of this situation.

It's interesting.

He makes his long awaited debut. Next week sub. Next week omitted.

I wonder if we asked him to recommit after weeks one and two and when he wouldn't we gave up and dropped him.

That's what I've been thinking. I'm still undecided, to be honest.

But if he's going, I can't help but feel like he was always going at the end of the year and we only gave him a game to keep supporters happy. This way we don't think he is leaving because he couldn't get a game.

He played well, so couldn't be dropped. So what do we do? Put him as sub, give him a quarter and hope he doesn't do much. Although he did have 9 touches, oh well, cya later.

But I must reiterate, I'm undecided and hope I'm talking nonsense. Please stay.

Hopefully we get a first for him, then on trade that for treloar plus 2nd round pick next year. That way we keep our first round this year to pick up a KPF.

On the bright side we got scharenburg for daisy which means we got him for nothing

Hopefully we get a first for him, then on trade that for treloar plus 2nd round pick next year. That way we keep our first round this year to pick up a KPF.

On the bright side we got scharenburg for daisy which means we got him for nothing
Was that not Taylor Adams? Possibly the better option anyway, who knows

EDIT: Sorry no, of course it wasnt

We did also cough up our 2nd rounder, pick 28/29. It was pick 6 for picks 11 & 28/29. But considering how high we rated Langdon, we probably would have used that pick on him anyway.

Still not convinced he's gone. Like the Cloke deal, I'll wait until it's announced officially, although I have to admit I'm not as confident as I was.

Worst case, just hope Crows miss the finals and we at least get pick 10 for him.

Agree with trade above. If he bails, trade Crows pick and 2nd rounder for AT, but use our pick 8, on best available. That appears to be a KP player, by all reports of the suggested top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Because a news report, reported someone at Collingwood is going home? That could be a totally bogus report or any of our other interstate players. Kennedy or Oxley fit that report just as well as Scharenberg for example.
Did the Ch 10 report actually name Schazza? Or just a reference to a 'young' Pie? Could perhaps be Ben Ken or another who can't cement a regular 22 spot. Other 'young' Pies could also include Seedsman or PK?

(Grasping at strws here. DO NOT WANT TO LOSE HIM)
Yeah, it was specifically about Berg :(

So you can't think of anything else to chat about relating to the pies Dave? This is the only thing we'll all be discussing?

Okay - I put it better. Stay away from Trade Talk Threads then

Schranberg has lot more upside then Daisy does

I think you have forgotten how good daisy was when he played for us, apart from his 2012 season.

Daisy was Fantastic but those days are over and he is not getting back to that with his Stuffed Ankles

I'm probably the odd one out and will get blasted for this, but I still haven't seen anything from Scharenberg to make me think he will be a gun. I know he's coming off injuries, etc, but if we can get a good pick/player for him, and he doesn't want to stay, I think we'll win out of this situation.
From what I've seen I think he could be the best of all our youngsters, barring Moore. Just the way he moves I think.

All I know is, if I hear any crow supporter say they will give us Henderson because we may of wanted him 2 years ago I will literally throw up team America style, roll around in my own vomit and die.

God knows what I'll do if we actually take Henderson.

All I know is, if I hear any crow supporter say they will give us Henderson because we may of wanted him 2 years ago I will literally throw up team America style, roll around in my own vomit and die.

God knows what I'll do if we actually take Henderson.

Henderson and There 1st Round Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back