Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we give away 2 players for 1 pick?
Not if it was up to me.
Best of a bad situation ?

If it's the Crows that have been scouting him and offer him a decent deal, they rate him highly. There are extreme mitigating circumstances for his lack of progression and performance at the top level. Away from home, just back form knee reco after foot surgery etc. It would be very hard to feel apart of a new club when you've spent so much time in rehab rather then mingling and playing with the guys.

I doubt his value has waivered much in the Crows/Ports eyes. This was a kid that was being touted as certain top 2/3 if he had no feet issues. Crows pick likely to be around 10/13. I think we'd just have to accept that's the best we're likely to do. Pick 10/13 is likely to land you a good solid player, with the chance of a top quality player. Scharenberg still sits as a similar prospect, with a greater chance of becoming a top quality player.

If it's Port and pick 7, I think we'd have to sweeten the deal a bit. Much depends on how Port rated BenKen, if he wishes to leave. Unfortunately for BenKen our recruitment of Greenwood, Crisp and DeGoey along with Varcoes form and the unknown of Freeman, all since BenKen was drafted, may in all likelihood pushed back his ranking by the coaching staff. He may be expendable.

Can anyone recall any instance where a player announced he was 'putting contract talks off until the end of the season' and then did not leave?

Anyone who has suggested that Scharenberg may have been turned off our club because of any mistreatment through his injuries has to remember two things:

1. We got him back on the park within his first year, after missing some footy in the previous year due to his foot issue.

2. His brother Jake recently had a knee reconstruction and a shoulder reconstruction both within three months, so clearly the genes are there for it!

Can anyone recall any instance where a player announced he was 'putting contract talks off until the end of the season' and then did not leave?
Cloke?

Pretty sure Toovey basically quit the club over money (and to return home) around 2009 . The club didnt waver, he backed down. Nearly missed out on a premiership.

If he wants to go to Adelaide back it in we'll get the Dangerfield compensation pick.

If he wants to go to Port then I don't mind the idea of him and Kennedy for Port's 1st and 3rd round picks.

Of course with future trading that could mean picks in either 2015 or 2016.

Kennedy has found it extremely difficult to break into the senior side this season and didn't take his opportunity sadly when he did.

Land Treloar and that's one more midfielder ahead of him.

Did broomhead really say that negotiations are off till the end of the year?
I don't think he publicly said anything, but he didn't sign till last September, so you'd assume he left them until the season was over.

If he wants to go to Adelaide back it in we'll get the Dangerfield compensation pick.

If he wants to go to Port then I don't mind the idea of him and Kennedy for Port's 1st and 3rd round picks.

Of course with future trading that could mean picks in either 2015 or 2016.

Kennedy has found it extremely difficult to break into the senior side this season and didn't take his opportunity sadly when he did.

Land Treloar and that's one more midfielder ahead of him.
Ah, good old future picks trading.

If they do lose Dangerfield, trade Scharenberg for Adelaide's first rounder next year and hope that without Danger and yet another new coach that they slide down the ladder.

Depends how Hine & Co rate the drafts though I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who has suggested that Scharenberg may have been turned off our club because of any mistreatment through his injuries has to remember two things:

1. We got him back on the park within his first year, after missing some footy in the previous year due to his foot issue.

2. His brother Jake recently had a knee reconstruction and a shoulder reconstruction both within three months, so clearly the genes are there for it!

IF he does go home. Severe Homesickness would be the Only Reason I can think of

From what I have heard he is real quiet bloke who kind of does hes own thing, not real close to any of the others at the club. Is that true?

From what I have heard he is real quiet bloke who kind of does hes own thing, not real close to any of the others at the club. Is that true?

Who knows?

You can just imagine Jonty getting drafted to any of the 16 interstate clubs and that club worrying non-stop for 2 years!

IF Matty does go Home. Then I all non-SA sides be worried over the Possible Homesickness of Jonty

Also, people are talking about trading to port, I thought Port refuse to trade with us?

Have not heard that for sometime.

Different People at the Club since then

Also, people are talking about trading to port, I thought Port refuse to trade with us?
The bad blood was over a decade ago with the Nick Stevens incident. Most of our administration are different, and I'm pretty sure there was a complete clean out at Port when Koch was given the presidency.

The bad blood was over a decade ago with the Nick Stevens incident. Most of our administration are different, and I'm pretty sure there was a complete clean out at Port when Koch was given the presidency.
Nick Stevens? I thought they were super bitter that we didn't let them have the black and white stripes?

Spoke to a friend of his brother and he said that Matt hasnt really fitted in at the Pies. One would have to guess that with him being injured for most of his time there he hasnt had the ability to really bond with the other guys. There is no replacement to playing with other guys to build a bond.

For what its worth here a trade that I wouldnt mind.
Motlop to Pies
Danger to Geelong
Scharenberg + Geelongs first pick to Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back