Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will eventually become one of the best back 6 players in the afl.

So what. Everyone things a young player is going to be a star until they aren't. I thought Scharenburg looked amazing as a junior for the little I saw. But since then for multiple reasons he hasn't been able to show it and his chances of reaching what we thought he would be are diminishing. Not to say that he can't still be a star but he is not the 'sure' bet that he was 2 years ago. This does effect his trade value and we won't get what we initially paid for him if he leaves.

And your being a bit hypocritical in your opinion. You think we should delist Freeman yet demand a top ten pick from Adelaide for scharenburg when the two players are in similar positions. (granted that Freemans injury concerns are greater)

So what. Everyone things a young player is going to be a star until they aren't. I thought Scharenburg looked amazing as a junior for the little I saw. But since then for multiple reasons he hasn't been able to show it and his chances of reaching what we thought he would be are diminishing. Not to say that he can't still be a star but he is not the 'sure' bet that he was 2 years ago. This does effect his trade value and we won't get what we initially paid for him if he leaves.

And your being a bit hypocritical in your opinion. You think we should delist Freeman yet demand a top ten pick from Adelaide for scharenburg when the two players are in similar positions. (granted that Freemans injury concerns are greater)
Scharenberg is playing the senior footy and vfl footy that's the difference with him a Freeman. If Scharenberg goes that means pick 6 and 10 will be a bust which won't be make contenders in the future.

Still yet to hear anything official from the club.why can't these journos ask the questions to bucks or balmy when there on there TV and radio spots what's the latest with shaz is.more interested in that then the other crap questions they ask.

Still yet to hear anything official from the club.why can't these journos ask the questions to bucks or balmy when there on there TV and radio spots what's the latest with shaz is.more interested in that then the other crap questions they ask.

Club tells them not to ask the question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll go this far. If we lose Scharenberg and Freeman continues on his same path that draft will have been a bust and we won't make a GF under Buckley.

Does anyone actually know if Aish is any good? Can't imagine too many people that would take some time out volunteering to watching Brisbane play this year.
I have a better idea of what Aish is like than I do Scharanberg. I think Aish will be an A grade mid one day but I haven't seen enough of Scharenberg to have an opinion on him.

Aish has shown more than Scharenberg but has had more chance to do so. If a deal was done that involved Aish ending up with us and Shaz going we are probably winning that

Does anyone actually know if Aish is any good? Can't imagine too many people volunteering to watching Brisbane play this year.

We know more about Aish than we do about Shaz.
We may have hope for Shaz, but he's 2 games into an AFL career and has a very long way to proving that he will have the type of career that we all hope.

I think potential would be enough for us to want a first rounder for Shaz - but probably not enough for another team to offer that- but if it was a straight Aish-Shaz offer you would have to take that straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back