Toast Matty Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

He had 10 possies in the first quarter if I remember correctly. The more time he has at this level the better he will get.

3 Goals and 20 possies with 6 tackles. Good game!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh thought there already was a thread on Matty Wright, but I guess another one wouldnt hurt :D:thumbsu: Seem so calm under pressure, and i love him for that. Won us the game when he tackled Hill, received a handball and slotted a goal from 45m out. Great way to seal the game

Worth watching him live. A lot of his work isn't seen on tv coverage. Often is the organiser and thinker around stoppages. I haz man crush. :D

I wasn't convinced he was going to be a pivotal player for us last year.

Well and truly, absolutely convinced on this years form. Ripper ripper footballer. Tough, clean, composed, clever and finishes well. An extra turn of pace and he'd be Marc Murphy good.

Pick another from the bag for us Slippery Pete.. you pegged Wright and Callinan very early as class players who would add alot of value to our side if played (and all played in the same side with Porps). Who you identifying for us next?

In the last qtr when Freo were one point up and Broughton was 40 out running towards goal, it was Wrights tackle that stopped him. The next passage of play saw Petrenkos smother and soccer which led to Rorys goal and us hitting the lead again. Huge piece of play.

In the last qtr when Freo were one point up and Broughton was 40 out running towards goal, it was Wrights tackle that stopped him. The next passage of play saw Petrenkos smother and soccer which led to Rorys goal and us hitting the lead again. Huge piece of play.

That was super important. It was one of the early signs of us finding something extra in the last.

He is a great footballer. His slight lack of pace his big worry but happy how good he has been. Guys like he and Callinan who are way too good for SANFL have been excellent pick ups.

That was super important. It was one of the early signs of us finding something extra in the last.

He is a great footballer. His slight lack of pace his big worry but happy how good he has been. Guys like he and Callinan who are way too good for SANFL have been excellent pick ups.

If he plays well, he plays well. Why bring up something that really hasn't hurt him? If it was a genuine problem we wouldn't have this thread. :rolleyes:

Always had a lot of time for Matt Wright. Half way through last year when we were at our worst, he was one of the few guys we had who still knew where the goals were. :thumbsu:

His tackle + goal was at a pivotal moment in the game was match winning stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Matty Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back