Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Holmes is a top 10 player in the league and he's only just turned 22 this year.
I don't think he'll become the best though as in my opinion, both Dempsey and Humphries have higher ceilings.
All three are going to be stars for the next decade, exciting times ahead. :)
Top 10???

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holmes is a top 10 player in the league and he's only just turned 22 this year.
I don't think he'll become the best though as in my opinion, both Dempsey and Humphries have higher ceilings.
All three are going to be stars for the next decade, exciting times ahead. :)

Did even make the AA team ya goose 🤣

Rather take Owies who can kick straighter on the run.

Outside players tend to get overlooked so you might be right.

I'd have Daicos, Gulden and then Holmes in that category for influence on games and importance to his team. Which others would you include? 73 coaches votes for the season doesn't just happen by accident.
Ur narrowing his influence down to just outside players? Most of the best players in the league are full time on ballers with the ability to go forward. Holmes has been an average on baller through his career outside of a few big games.

Ur narrowing his influence down to just outside players? Most of the best players in the league are full time on ballers with the ability to go forward. Holmes has been an average on baller through his career outside of a few big games.
I don't think having a 3rd outside player in the top 30 players in the league right now is incredibly outlandish, even if it's considered unorthodox. I also don't think it's bizarre to have at least half a dozen defenders. Holmes has been the best rebounder and territory player in the league this year. I know you disagreed with his omission from the AA side.

Holmes has been Geelong's biggest weapon, given Cameron's hot-and-cold nature, Stewart's inconsistency and Dangerfield only playing 60% of the season, 70% time on ground when he does. Remove Max and Geelong probably aren't even playing finals this year, let alone in a home prelim.

What happens if he adds another B.O.G performance and Geelong are through to a grand final? Still only the 50th best player in the league? 10 is too high, 50 is too low. 20-30 is about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back