News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of hard to be overrated when you're not really rated in the first place.
I always thought Scarlett was a bit overrated, well the times he played us anyway.
He's probably just trying to say controversial shit just to sell his book anyway, just like how the media say controversial crap so people tune in.

Q, if i recall correctly Maxwell was returning a spray that he had earlier received from Scarlett. Others may be able to confirm this. I'm sure Maxwell will stay mum about Scarlett's comments, which say plenty about the bloke.
Now news on this board that Maxwell has his limitations as a player. I'm interested in others views on Scarlett as a player and his merit versus rating.

Kind of hard to be overrated when you're not really rated in the first place.
I always thought Scarlett was a bit overrated, well the times he played us anyway.
He's probably just trying to say controversial shit just to sell his book anyway, just like how the media say controversial crap so people tune in.

Oh really I think that is a load of BS a lot the boards once Maxwell was made captain went from not rating him in the best 22 to claims he was a better captain then Buckley and AA quality player top 5 collingwood player in the current side.

I would say he is overrated, doesn't mean he didn't play an important role for our team in 2010 as captain and also doesn't take away for 2 years at least was a good role player.

Inb4 Maxwell hate.

Scarlett is a grade-A knobhead. I notice he conveniently left out the bit where he abused Maxwell in the 2009 prelim in the first place.
Yes SS, i was sure that had happened.
I have many memories of Scarlett being sliced up by Tarrants long leads and being despatched to try his luck on perhaps a Rocca. Often picked up the least dangerous forward in his later years and sadly picked up no one in his final season.
Like all players, he was greatly helped by being in a terrific side with super players around him.
Leaving out the 09 incident shows the mark of the man.

"What happens on the field, stays on the field... unless I'm writing my biography and I want to mouth off about things that happened on the field that I didnt like."

M. Scarlett
Knob

Massive hypocrite, evidently. I don't know why he's hate the comparison to Harley; both are good, courageous leaders with limited playing ability. At least we're never likely to have to see Maxy big-noting himself on vitamin commercials post playing career.

Weird. Just the typical sports 'autobiography' (completely written by someone else) that seems to have to be controversial in order to sell. WTF is with every player in all sports writing a book these days? Wayne Rooney has about 15 books released; the bloke can't even read one, let alone write them :)

The content of what he said isn't exactly unexpected. Can't imagine many outside of the four walls of Collingwood truly understanding what Maxwell 'apparently' does that makes him such a great leader. We perhaps don't even understand it, I know I sure don't.

Every player that ever does an interview talks about his amazing leadership and despite my own personal opinion that he's a bit of a big mouth who has been allowed to get away with giving his opinion on everything, we can only go off what the Collingwood players say, who work with him every day and seem to worship him.

What was the thing before the GF where Maxwell's dad got in the paper and gave it to Geelong about not picking him up? I can't recall but was something stupid which couldn't have endeared him to Geelong supporters and players.

Good for footy this stuff :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Maxwell was never really highly rated by many opposition fans, even during his great years (2009-arguably 2011). I think that the rating he got from footy experts and the media during that time reflected the fact that his leadership skills and playing ability had drastically improved from earlier years, therefore I think it was totally justifiable to rate him highly. As a floating third tall he really made his mark, and although he hasn't been as good these past 2 years (especially this year) you can't really take anything away from those other years. Scarlett is entitled to his opinion but it doesn't mean we have to pay any attention to it, he probably didn't see him as I did. The 2 main game saving efforts in the 2010 drawn grand final with his smother on the goal line and mark on the wing which ultimately set up our last goal will always prove to me that he is a heart and soul Collingwood player and the opinions of negative outsiders who badmouth anything Collingwood will never change my opinion of him, nor should it change yours.

I wouldn't say he is overrated, majority outside of collingwood fans wouldn't rate him. Like Tom Harley most outside of Geelong dont rate him. Only differance between him and Haryley, is Maxwell has more hair

I wouldn't say he is overrated, majority outside of collingwood fans wouldn't rate him. Like Tom Harley most outside of Geelong dont rate him. Only differance between him and Haryley, is Maxwell has more hair
And Tom Harley feels better on Swisse.

I am not sure who he thought was overating him. To be fair to Scarlo he was never the sharpest tool in the shed. Perhaps he was getting him mixed up with Glenn Maxwell, now there is an overated cricketer.

Probably a feature of Nick Maxwell's career is that he has never been held in high regard as a player with a lot of ability, yet he is still a captain of a successful club. Maxwell started off as a Geelong lad over looked by all clubs in the draft. We later rookied him. Really no one rated him from his junior years until now.

Probably where he is rated is as a leader. Perhaps Scarlo is saying he is a terrible leader.

I think in the end it says a lot more about Scarlett than it does about Maxwell. So much bitterness and petty jealousy from a guy who won three flags and got a pretty easy ride from a champion team, he was always one wierd cat.

Nick Maxwell Vs Tom Harley - a statistical comparison..

NM - Got more disposals, took more marks, laid more tackles, kicked more goals & All Australian nomination.

TH - Got more brownlow votes & one more premiership medal.

Tied - 123 wins each as a player.

So if Scarlett & Geelong players thought Nick was over rated then they must also think Tom Harley was also over rated.

I don't have a problem with what Scarlett wrote ... it's his autobiography after all he can write what he want.

I do strongly disagree that Maxwell is overrated though. Most of Maxwell's worth is in his leadership, standards and off field examples. That's why he is a Premiership captain!! AND Maxy will continue to show these qualities even when his playing days are over. :thumbsu:

I don't have a problem with what Scarlett wrote ... it's his autobiography after all he can write what he want.

I do strongly disagree that Maxwell is overrated though. Most of Maxwell's worth is in his leadership, standards and off field examples. That's why he is a Premiership captain!! AND Maxy will continue to show these qualities even when his playing days are over. :thumbsu:

I hope you're wearing your flame proof suit :thumbsu:

I hope you're wearing your flame proof suit :thumbsu:
Would this count?
breaking-bad-costume-ideas-for-halloween-plus-make-your-own-blue-sky-meth-candy.w654.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back