News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Would this count?
breaking-bad-costume-ideas-for-halloween-plus-make-your-own-blue-sky-meth-candy.w654.jpg

The gun is not necessary though

Maxwell has never been overrated, read any BF thread about him over his career, he is hardly rated at all, but that's not what bothers me about this.

Let's talk about this ridiculous creature Scarlett and his little temper tantrum that he bottled up inside himself for the last 3 years. He was so enraged at the fact that someone had the audacity to taunt The Great Matthew Scarlett and co., that he completely forgot the fact that Maxwell was only responding to Scarlett's own taunts at our group that we would surely "....**** it up next week like always.....".

So what should Maxwell have done at that point? Meekly walked away perhaps? Is that what Scarlett would have done? Evidently he would have, because when he spent the day belittling Robert Harvey and calling him a "selfish cnut" who had had a "wasted career", he expected Harvey to shake his hand - after all, what happens on the field stays on the field, and then you walk away, right Scarlo?

Wrong. Scarlett stewed on Maxwell's retort until he had the opportunity to run a hundred metres to tell Maxwell just what he thought of him, despite not liking it at all when he received the same treatment from Robert Harvey. I guess Scarlett is the only player allowed to hold a grudge.

Ok, ok but he's still leaving it all on the field, so he's not really a hypocrite.......until he releases a book about it two years later!!!! The audacity of Scarlett to write about these two incidents, and think both of them actually make him look better is unbelievable to me.

I've heard lots of things about this germ over the years, and let's just say having seen the way the man behaves in public I believe every ****ing one of them. The most deluded, paranoid, arrogant, self-righteous, self-important piece of shit to ever come out of Geelong.

It's appropriate that this has come from Scarlett - He is the expert, most overrated footballer in my lifetime. Gets accolades and heralded as the best full back ever playing on the likes of Lewis Jetta, Leon Davis, Hayden Ballantyne etc.... What used to happen when he played on Taz? Tazza used to sit on his fat head, same with Pebble. Why did he never play on Franklin? Coz he is $hit Lonergan is a better full back than Scarlett! Scarlett is Not a full backs a$$hole! Not a decent players a$$hole!

For the record I do not rate Maxwell as a player either. I rate him as a leader and appreciate how he has got the best out of himself! Cannot question his want to win!

From Memory aren't Bartel and Maxwell good mates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlett and co abused Dawes throughout the last quarter of the 2011 Grand Final yet here he is having a little sook about Maxwell having a go at him when his side was getting smashed also.

He's a prick of a human being Scarlett, no matter how good of a footballer he was.

Maxwell has never proclaimed to be a star player...and I don't think anyone considers him as that.

However, we would not have won the GF in 2010 without him, and he was one of our more solid players against Geelong. He was no different to how Tom Harley played...only I think Maxwell was slightly better and more valuable to the team considering Geelong had more depth in defence.

Scarlett also played out his career as a loose man...in which he was fantastic and one of the best...but I think the end of his career is slightly overrated as well.

Pretty silly comment I would say.

Maxwell has never proclaimed to be a star player...and I don't think anyone considers him as that.

However, we would not have won the GF in 2010 without him, and he was one of our more solid players against Geelong. He was no different to how Tom Harley played...only I think Maxwell was slightly better and more valuable to the team considering Geelong had more depth in defence.

Scarlett also played out his career as a loose man...in which he was fantastic and one of the best...but I think the end of his career is slightly overrated as well.

Pretty silly comment I would say.

Yeah I agree mate. That Scralett was never a FB, He as you said plays as the Loose Men in Defense.

Classless from Scarlett. Just like Darren Jolly earlier in the year when he took a shot at Josh Fraser.
Needless from both. Jolly seems to be the type of bloke who may* regret it down the track but Scarlett will probably die a turd.

*only because Jolly seems semi intelligent and therefore has the capacity to learn from previous mistakes.

Interesting to read the perception of Scarlett as a bit of a tosser. Got a lot of Geelong mates and they don't seem to be as 'in love' with him as they certainly are with a lot of the other guys that have been involved in the great club they are.

Reckon Scarlett is one of those guys who can polarise people very quickly. Love playing with him, but would hate to play against him type thing. He does come across as a very arrogant person who rates himself pretty highly. That was one of Geelongs great assets though; that belief and confidence they are so much better than others.

Ehhh.... who cares. Winners are grinners and considering Geelong has won the 3 premierships, then Scarlett can talk. Whether it matters if Geelong respects Maxwell is probably only important to Nick. I tend to think that a lot of Scarlett's good play depended on his team-mates but it's a team game so that's no surprise. I must admit that he has a good attitude to being stirred - using it to motivate himself. However, it's easy to do that when you're winning. It wasn't Harvey's fault that he never won a premiership. Just like it wasn't Scarlett who was responsible for Geelong's 3 premierships.

Pfft he never played on any good forwards, always played on the 3rd or 4th best opposition forward and yeah towelled them up, but so would most decent defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back