News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really sure why Maxwell would mouth off during a PF win. Scarlett would have still had two flags to Maxy's none at that point so I find this all hard to believe.
As the story goes, Scarlett abused Maxwell in the 09 prelim when we got smashed, and the next year Maxwell said something like "you're a bit quiet now, aren't ya?"

So basically he held a grudge for a year, and then took it out on Maxwell by elbowing him behind play when he wasn't looking, and then sprinting off to the other end if the ground.

And that's not even mentioning the Robert Harvey story.

I love this footage of Scarlett where he claims to have got in the Maxwell's face when in actual fact all he does is run up and hit him from behind before running off.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-25/scarletts-revenge-on-maxwell

I've never supported Nick Maxwell as much as I do right now.
Scarlett has just embarrassed himself with this, what a tosser, I hope that vision gets played on every footy show for the next few weeks along with the comments from his book. Perhaps he should have watched the replay before he recounted his gutless elbow to the back and run. Biggest loser ever.

That article sums up Scarlett as an arrogant ****. There was nothing in it that spoke of humble champion. He has been spoiled by success and it shows that he can't be humble in win or defeat. Really ordinary human being.

I wouldn't say he is overrated, majority outside of collingwood fans wouldn't rate him. Like Tom Harley most outside of Geelong dont rate him. Only differance between him and Haryley, is Maxwell has more hair
And better dress sense.

Seriously, Scarlett is one overrated player in fact the most overrated player I have ever seen. Too be compared to SOS is an absolute disgrace to the game.

Who did Scarlett shut down in his last 3-5 years at the club? No one! That's right, no one! Lonergan and Taylor did all the shutting down down. It was Taylor that played on Reiwoldt in the GF and it was Taylor that played on Dawes and Lonergan on Cloke in 2011. I can't remember the last time Scarlett shut anyone down.

Scarlett is a bloke who would drink his bath water and he is one overrated player he was rated by the media and it was the media who pumped him up.

Maxwell is a better bloke than Scarlett and a better player than Harley. Scarlett is the biggest FIGJAM the game has seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh really I think that is a load of BS a lot the boards once Maxwell was made captain went from not rating him in the best 22 to claims he was a better captain then Buckley and AA quality player top 5 collingwood player in the current side.
Personally I do rate Maxwell as a better captain than Bucks was and I stand by that comment 100%. That's not to say I believe he's a better player, far from it but as a leader I'd suggest he has got far more out of his team than Bucks was ever able to and I'd also suggest he has far more respect from his teammates than Bucks ever had. What people can't seem to separate is that when it comes to skill they are chalk and cheese in favour of Bucks but when it comes to leadership qualities the reverse is true. It took Bucks years to learn leadership while Maxy had it pretty much from day one and although the analogy is a little trite, I know who I'd rather take into the trenches with me.

As for Scarlo, my feelings were made known in the main board and I think that with the exception of Geelong supporters it's pretty much universal that while he was a good player, he is a massive flog and a hypocrite of the highest order. How the hell anyone would justify their actions on the field by quoting the oft trotted out line of what happens on the field stays on the field only to then relate such things in a book is beyond me. It's roughly equivalent to a KKK member espousing racial justice.

Personally I do rate Maxwell as a better captain than Bucks was and I stand by that comment 100%. That's not to say I believe he's a better player, far from it but as a leader I'd suggest he has got far more out of his team than Bucks was ever able to and I'd also suggest he has far more respect from his teammates than Bucks ever had. What people can't seem to separate is that when it comes to skill they are chalk and cheese in favour of Bucks but when it comes to leadership qualities the reverse is true. It took Bucks years to learn leadership while Maxy had it pretty much from day one and although the analogy is a little trite, I know who I'd rather take into the trenches with me.

As for Scarlo, my feelings were made known in the main board and I think that with the exception of Geelong supporters it's pretty much universal that while he was a good player, he is a massive flog and a hypocrite of the highest order. How the hell anyone would justify their actions on the field by quoting the oft trotted out line of what happens on the field stays on the field only to then relate such things in a book is beyond me. It's roughly equivalent to a KKK member espousing racial justice.

Scarlett is a flog but Maxwell is also overrated.

Even MM said Buckley became the best captain he ever coached so while it took him time to become a good captain there is no doubting he became one of the best, also I have playing ability as part of being a good captain, for mine being a great captain goes beyond barking instruction and training hard (which Buckley was one of the hardest trainers you would meet).

You seem to dismiss any and all ability to consistently lift the side with brilliance and ability, Buckleys 02 GF games was one of the best games a captain could produce it is not his fault the talent didn't run as deep around him as Maxwell has had around him.

I think Scarlett's got exactly what he was looking for when he made the "claim"....lottsa free publicity for his new business venture. C'mon Pieboys we're not gonna give this stirrer any more oxygen are we?
Let history judge them all. But in my view Harvey was a champ (no-one plays at that level for that long without being one), Maxy IS and forever more will be a Collingwood premiership captain and Scarlo was a great FB in a great teams era. nuff said....as an author he's no Lou Richards!

If anyone is wondering what true delusion or arrogance looks like, head over to the Geelong board and check out the wankfest they're having over there.
Its toe-curling stuff isnt it. Id like to think that if that clip showed maxwell doing the same thing to scarlett wed have a lot of posters here calling him out on it

The more notable thing was Swans lack of effort to tackle Ling even as far back in the 2011 GF he was not putting in enough defensively, I must confess to not noticing this as much back then.
Loki, yes that was i noticed as well.
Very similar to an effort V Port a few weeks back, when Shaw can off his man and was done with a handball over the top early in the game.

These things look so so bad when slowed down, you would only think that viewing them would give him the impetus to make sure it doesnt happen again!!

Best description I can come up for Scarlett, based on interviews ( particularly that 'Open Mike' one ) and obeservations is that he is the AFL's version of a sociapath.

To quote from I'm Alan Partridge, a reviewer of Alan's autobiography, "Bouncing Back":

"I've been looking for the positives in your book, and while it is a book filled with joy, it seems to be primarily joy at other people's misfortunes... I noticed a lot of bitterness. I noticed that you end almost every anecdote with the phrase, 'needless to say, I had the last laugh'."

Scarlo's become a living caricature.

Scarlett is a flog but Maxwell is also overrated.

Even MM said Buckley became the best captain he ever coached so while it took him time to become a good captain there is no doubting he became one of the best, also I have playing ability as part of being a good captain, for mine being a great captain goes beyond barking instruction and training hard (which Buckley was one of the hardest trainers you would meet).

You seem to dismiss any and all ability to consistently lift the side with brilliance and ability, Buckleys 02 GF games was one of the best games a captain could produce it is not his fault the talent didn't run as deep around him as Maxwell has had around him.
You're entitled to your opinion of course but you won't be changing mine. I have no intention of entering into any argument about it because obviously you dismiss the things that I value most in a captain and your opinion of Buckley's late captaincy far exceeds mine.

P.S. Incidentally, I certainly wouldn't be looking to MM for opinions on who is or isn't a great captain anyway.

Maxwell rates Harley as his 2nd best captain of the last 25 years, so goes to show who's a good guy in all of this and who is just a toss bag dips*** loser dog s*** eater ordinary dog face butt balls drinker

Scarlett is beyond a joke, no sign of intelligence anywhere. Say's maxwell is overrated yet he has been horribly overrated for the last 8 years! The toe poke was genius? most players with half a brian would have done it..... the guy clearly has a personality disorder. Biggest hypocrite also.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back