McBurnied this week, McLarened next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be so negative! There's every chance we get Nicholls'd again!:thumbsdown:

Imagine Nicholls, McBurney, and McLaren in the one game... would make for a very pretentious final!

You might want to use a bit of comprehension before having a shot on another team's board. He was not saying the umpires cost us, just looking at who has umpired our losses and praying that we don't have McLaren next week.

McLaren was attrocious today. Could not believe the high shot on McGlynn was let go in front of goal when the Hawks needed it and then he pinged him at the bottom of the pack with no prior opportunity. Absolute disgrace he is.

:thumbsu:
exactly
the op wasnt saying the umpires cost us this week, he was just looking at the umpires in each of losses and saying that he hopes we dont get mclaren.
and im with him, im not blaming the loss on the umpires at all, we didn't really show up yesterday night and lost it ourselves.
I was at the game and it was a very bad display of umpiring.
Although we won the free kick count ,
it was where and why the free kicks were paid.
Very disappointing umpiring display yesterday.

Funny this thread should start..
The second time we played Essendon this year when they beat us by a fair margin I decided before the game (I was at the ground) to take McBurney's stats in terms of free kicks he paid against Carlton. Results were interesting.

McBurney paid 11 free kicks to Essendon, 8 forward of centre and 6 inside Essendon's forward 50. Regardless of whether they were there or not that is a huge amount from one umpire considering Essendon recieved only 16 free kicks for the game. Looking on footywire Essendon scored 3 goals from free kicks and 2 from 50m penalties compared to 1 goal from a free kick for Carlton.
Carlton were in the game until the umpires or should I say Bomber McBurney turned the tide towards the end of the 2nd quarter and beginning of the 3rd. The Carlton players then decided not to tackle or spoil in the defensive half which in the end cost us another 8 or 9 goals because the players knew they'd be penalised for netball like obstruction.

Early on in the match when it was game on you will find that we got analy r*ped by the umpires.You will also find that the close free kick count was balanced in junk time and in our back pockets etc:
Having said that, we were a disgrace,we had no comeback for the often boring Adelaide style, which will not help them against higher teams. Surely our MC should have a plan A,B & C after the last time we played them.

You call that game ... with big pack marks, hard running, quick handballs and 27 goals boring?

Did you watch the game, or are you just repeating a media report from last year?

The second time we played Essendon this year when they beat us by a fair margin I decided before the game (I was at the ground) to take McBurney's stats in terms of free kicks he paid against Carlton. Results were interesting.
That was perhaps the most disgraceful umpiring I've seen in fifty years. He couldn't have done more to get Essendon back in the game and then over the line if Ratten had strangled his mother. Best umpire money can buy - pure incompetence couldn't explain what he did. For the game's sake I hope he's hit by a truck.

umpiring was awful, but adelaide were much better on the day.

i feel sorry for the poor bastards though, having to go back to adelaide... what a sh1thole...

all the adelaide supporters at the dome looked like inbred ******s, there should be a border crossing or something that stops these disease carrying f*cktards from coming into our state.

McBurney paid 11 free kicks to Essendon, 8 forward of centre and 6 inside Essendon's forward 50. Regardless of whether they were there or not that is a huge amount from one umpire considering Essendon recieved only 16 free kicks for the game. Looking on footywire Essendon scored 3 goals from free kicks and 2 from 50m penalties compared to 1 goal from a free kick for Carlton.
Carlton were in the game until the umpires or should I say Bomber McBurney turned the tide towards the end of the 2nd quarter and beginning of the 3rd. The Carlton players then decided not to tackle or spoil in the defensive half which in the end cost us another 8 or 9 goals because the players knew they'd be penalised for netball like obstruction.

Then there was the first time we played them, McLaren gave Lucas a soft free, then followed it up with a tap on the arse, had to ask the mrs if i had just seen correctly:eek:...sure enough...

Truth be told, I think it's rather churlish to blame an 72 point belting on the Umpires ...

Adeladie were too strong, too focused, too committed and we just folded like a deck of cards after the first quarter.

No doubt the umpires had no influence on the result which Adelaide fully deserved however there were some alarming decisions.

The not paid free to Fevola when he was blatantly pushed in the back in the second quarter was astonishing. Forget hands in the back this was old school style shove. And it wasn't as if the umpire was blind sided as there were no other players in the forward 50 at the time.

Also there were about half a dozen times when the centre bounce was clearly in Adelaide's advantage and outside of the outer circle and the ump decided play on. Adelaide easily won the clearance as a result. Only once was there a bounce recalled when there should have been plenty more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll never win bitching about the umps but I sat there thinking last night why on earth they felt the need to impact so much on the game. I think it was Lloyd on the radio this morning who said if you didn't have the radio on last night you had no idea what was going on ie: who had infringed, on who, how, where, why the kick was being taken where it was. Aside from that the decisions were pretty straightforward. FMD... :rolleyes:

You'll never win bitching about the umps but I sat there thinking last night why on earth they felt the need to impact so much on the game. I think it was Lloyd on the radio this morning who said if you didn't have the radio on last night you had no idea what was going on ie: who had infringed, on who, how, where, why the kick was being taken where it was. Aside from that the decisions were pretty straightforward. FMD... :rolleyes:

Yep, not concerned about the individual **** ups...its the general over-officiating that is sapping the enjoyment of the game.

The ridiculous 50 paid against Carrazzo when momentum carried him over the mark and he was actually back-pedalling to get behind the mark when the 50 was paid. Even my bomber mate was shaking his head.

Certain instances stick in my mind...in a Hawks match a few weeks back the Hawks were awarded a free and the little tiprat Bateman called for the ball, even though it wasn't his free. The ball was unwittingly returned to him in the first instance as he was waving out for it, and as it wasn't his free a 50 was paid.

In our match against the Lions a few weeks back I think it was young Banfiled who quickly tossed the ball to Black (who was minding the mark) who relayed it to our player. Of course 50m and a goal is the result. There was no harm or intent in what the young kid did...should be no foul.

Don't get me started on the reactionary interchange rule...

Starting to look more like a horrible stop-start game of gridiron every week (apart from all of the 300 pound black dudes and pervasive homo erotocism).

Who is that umpire who was talking to Waite after he threw his mouthgard out? Seriously looks like he was one of those kids who would be a hall monitor and enjoy punishing people.

How an umpire can smile and be sooo smug when giving a decision is ridiculous!

They were horrible both ways and WILL ruin a final one day....

Who is that umpire who was talking to Waite after he threw his mouthgard out? Seriously looks like he was one of those kids who would be a hall monitor and enjoy punishing people.

How an umpire can smile and be sooo smug when giving a decision is ridiculous!

They were horrible both ways and WILL ruin a final one day....

Umpires have already changed the results of Grand Finals. Anyone remember that pathetic effort by the boundary ump in 1979? Um, hang on a tic.........

Remove this Banner Ad

McBurnied this week, McLarened next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back