MCC Full Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

So at 23 now, is it worth applying for the membership if it is going to take 20 years before I become full?
Yeah, definitely. If I move back to Melbourne, I'd imagine I'd be going to the football all the time for as long as I can. Plus, when you're an old gramps you would want to go all the time, need something to do in old age.

So at 23 now, is it worth applying for the membership if it is going to take 20 years before I become full?
Personally Yes, what is the harm basically? It costs $66 to nominate, but you might as well, you dont know what youll be doing in 20 years, may come in handy

Yeah, definitely. If I move back to Melbourne, I'd imagine I'd be going to the football all the time for as long as I can. Plus, when you're an old gramps you would want to go all the time, need something to do in old age.

I am 3 years into my AFL membership though. So I am just debating on whether dumping one for the other, or keeping both.

Its only 14-15 years before you get Restricted Membership and thats almost as good as Full Membership anyway.

Is it true that you have to pay for those 14-15 years when you are on the waiting list? Or is it only the $66

Its only 14-15 years before you get Restricted Membership and thats almost as good as Full Membership anyway.
As i said above, having only allowed in 3 months of restricted members at the last intake, it is likely to be well and truly more then 20 years now just for Restricted

Definently, the MCC section is chockers with 50+ers. It's more for the older population.

The wait for full membership would be more then 20years though. 20 years for restricted at the moment, and id imagine it will get bigger and bigger.

As for me, i got put on in 2004.

I am 3 years into my AFL membership though. So I am just debating on whether dumping one for the other, or keeping both.
Keep AFL untill you get MCC.

From the MCC website:

All candidates on the waiting list from May 1, 1988 to September 30, 1988 have been offered Full membership.

Waiting list candidates nominated from November 1, 1994 to January 31, 1995 inclusive will be offered Restricted membership,

i was put on the waiting list March 1999...

Given the way the list is moving at the moment, I'm looking at another 10 years at least... So that's 20 years on the waiting list before I receive restricted membership... However long after that before I receive full membership...

Obviously the demographics of the list and the membership change over time, so these times will speed up and slow down depending on the age of the membership mostly... Like in 20 years time, when all the Baby Boomers who are members now start dropping off, the membership intake will increase you would think, but by that stage the waiting list could be huge...

I'm definitely considering taking up AFL membership... An expected 8 years wait before you receive their full membership, and Grand Final access... Even though I'd prefer to be in the MCC, I could have a grand final ticket every year, in 8 years time, when I'd be looking at 25 years with the MCC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the waiting list for 11 years.

Been a restricted member for about 9 years, just received my offer for full membership in the post for the year starting September 2009.

20 years all up.

I will be in line for the ballot to watch the Catters win their second premiership in 3 years :)

i was nominated at birth
june 88

can't remember the year i got my restricted membership but it was before they introduced the photo identification.

got offered full membership this year - just in time to watch Melbournes premiership ;)

I was just offered full membership after about 6 years as a restricted but I am not going to take it. For me an AFL membership is better value. I loathe cricket so I only need footy season.

I was just offered full membership after about 6 years as a restricted but I am not going to take it. For me an AFL membership is better value. I loathe cricket so I only need footy season.

Bad choice.

The AFL treat their members like shit and will shift with the winds as soon as a more profitable opportunity comes up. The MCC treat their members like members and will consistently show 100% loyalty to them in their dealings.

And you dont have the sun in your eyes. And you dont get beer spilt over you in your seat.

The list for getting a restricted has hardly moved the last 3 years.

Hurry up and die you selfish bastards.

MCC said:
The waiting list, therefore, consists of candidates nominated from February 1, 1995 to today.

And as one of the previous posters mentioned it is moving at about 4 months/ year. Given that i registered in 2004, if it continues at that speed i won't be offered a restricted for another 27 years!

applied october 1987
and im still restricted
got membership wen i was 15..so 2002....then at 18 got restricted..almost 22 and still on restricted

Yeah, I was the same. I was surprised I got mine so early.
I assume you travel a lot
I just got lumped with the extra $300-odd that they wait until you're 25 to charge you. Aargh!
fk. i'm 23, and wasn't expecting this.
I was put down a couple of days after my birth in July 1987, recieved my Restricted at 16 and Full at 19, so was very lucky just due to my timing. However it has no slowed rediculously and will take much longer for people.

I'm basically the same story. Put on the list a few days after July 1986. Restricted at 16, Full at 19.

You live in Sydney ... i assume you travel to melbourne a lot in order to get your money's worth?
Nah, I changed my membership to an interstate member (or something like that) when I moved up last year , it's cheaper. I've only been to the Richmond v Sydney game this year. I'm keeping it wherever I live because odds are I'll be back in Melbourne one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

MCC Full Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back