Dunolly
Natte
Navarre
Talbot
Harcourt
Trentham
Creek
Bushy

Pretty hard to guage Navarre and Natte, but the word is they will be very competitive. Dunolly again hard to guage, depends how often they get their imports down. I reckon that top 6 will be pretty right though, in any order. Should be a good year with plenty who can take it out.

2011 Ladder Prediction:

Newstead
Carisbrook
Lexton
Maldon
Rovers
Avoca
Dunolly
Natte
Navarre
Talbot
Harcourt
Trentham
Creek
Bushy

Pretty hard to guage Navarre and Natte, but the word is they will be very competitive. Dunolly again hard to guage, depends how often they get their imports down. I reckon that top 6 will be pretty right though, in any order. Should be a good year with plenty who can take it out.
Imports? Are the Eagles bringing in Czechoslovakians now? Sheesh :D Yes, hard to pick a winner at this stage with the new sides in plus Rovers, Brook, Steaders, Maldon and the Bulldogs will all be handy one would think.

Imports? Are the Eagles bringing in Czechoslovakians now? Sheesh :D Yes, hard to pick a winner at this stage with the new sides in plus Rovers, Brook, Steaders, Maldon and the Bulldogs will all be handy one would think.

How many recruits are expected to come to Dunolly this year? The $26 on offer might be good if they go one better compared to 2009... The writing might be on the wall for a few locals who did the hard yards last year?

How many recruits are expected to come to Dunolly this year? The $26 on offer might be good if they go one better compared to 2009... The writing might be on the wall for a few locals who did the hard yards last year?
I think most would agree that the football wellbeing of the locals at dunolly who put in the hard yards each year seems to rate fairly marginally to the key decision makers out that way. Perhaps that's why a few have flown the eagles nest this year??

There's not many recruits on the league clearance list heading to Dunolly that I can see. Their 2009 side had plenty of local talent though if I remember correctly. A good mix of locals and recruits is the way to go if you wanna get anywhere I reckon.

There's not many recruits on the league clearance list heading to Dunolly that I can see. Their 2009 side had plenty of local talent though if I remember correctly. A good mix of locals and recruits is the way to go if you wanna get anywhere I reckon.

In fairness to Dunolly, they dont have a lot of locals around so in order to field a competitive team they have to bring some players in. The way they are doing it is probably not sustainable long term but this helps keeps the club ticking over in the mean time.

They have a few heading down that havent appeared on the clearance list as yet.

Harcourt are being vey quiet, have heard 50 or more at training, any names and thoughts?
Big game this Saturday night with Maldon defending the cup against Avoca, I think Maldon shoud win this by 30 points +, no Field Bellenger Harrison or Hedger makes life tough, Maldon have to shut down Edwards to run away with the game and thought? and how many people are they expecting through the gates?

... Well it would seem they did not shut down young Edwards, but still ran out winners by 70 points. Could be a long season for the Bulldogs.

I'm predicting more along these lines:

Lexton
Maldon
Carisbrook
Newstead
Harcourt

Rovers
Dunolly
Navarre
Avoca
Trentham
Natte
Talbot
Creek
Bushy

... Well it would seem they did not shut down young Edwards, but still ran out winners by 70 points. Could be a long season for the Bulldogs.

I'm predicting more along these lines:

Lexton
Maldon
Carisbrook
Newstead
Harcourt
Rovers
Dunolly
Navarre
Avoca
Trentham
Natte
Talbot
Creek
Bushy

Dunolly will be replaced by Natte in the 8, while Navarre will repalce Carisbrook in the top 4.

maldon result is a bit of a suprise. hasnt been much talk about maldon. Did they have any new blokes running around? who played well? 70 point win in the wet looks a good result

Lexton
Newstead
Navarre
Carisbrook
Harcourt
Maldon
Dunolly
Natte

Rovers
Trentham
Avoca
Talbot
Creek
Bushy

Lexon and Newstead are going to have some impressive talls, going to be interesting to see if there are any backman in the league that can stop them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maldon result is a bit of a suprise. hasnt been much talk about maldon. Did they have any new blokes running around? who played well? 70 point win in the wet looks a good result

They did win the flag last year so one would assume they will be handy. I personally think they won't match it with top few sides this year though.

From Central Vic Footy;

LEXTON $3.25

MARYBOROUGH ROVERS $4.00

MALDON $6.00

NEWSTEAD $6.00

AVOCA $11.00

CARISBROOK $11.00

HARCOURT $14.00

NAVARRE $14.00

DUNOLLY $26.00

NATTE BEALIBA $41.00

CAMPBELLS CREEK $67.00

TALBOT $67.00

TRENTHAM $67.00

ROYAL PARK $101.00

Is betting still open Rich if so what are the odds or what did they finish up being!

Lexton
Navarre
Carisbrook
Maldon

Newstead
Harcourt
Dunolly
Natte
Rovers
Avoca
Trentham
Talbot
Creek
Bushy

Dunolly were into $5. Hope someone beats Lexton this year, could be a job for bucket

Lexton
Navarre
Carisbrook
Maldon
Newstead
Harcourt
Dunolly
Natte
Rovers
Avoca
Trentham
Talbot
Creek
Bushy

Dunolly were into $5. Hope someone beats Lexton this year, could be a job for bucket

whats the story bucket with the quote " hope someone beats lexton this year"
they wont be the best side in it, think newstead, maldon and brook be better.
wouldnt even think they think there the best side as no games played yet and one thing i know is they just look forward to the new league. spoke to a few at season launch sat night and think the league will super strong this year.
might find everyone saying lexton will finish on top is doing so just to take pressure off there own teams. i know the side i support, cant wait to play dunooly this week and let the footy do the talking

brook
newstead
maldon
navarre
rovers
lexton
harcourt
dunolly

avoca have missed there chance

they looked like half a kids side sat night so should be a bright future in years to come

wouldnt even think they think there the best side as no games played yet and one thing i know is they just look forward to the new league. spoke to a few at season launch sat night and think the league will super strong this year.
might find everyone saying lexton will finish on top is doing so just to take pressure off there own teams. i know the side i support, cant wait to play dunooly this week and let the footy do the talking

brook
newstead
maldon
navarre
rovers
lexton
harcourt
dunolly

avoca have missed there chance

they looked like half a kids side sat night so should be a bright future in years to come

Lucky i've just tuned in me massive April eardrums KR Im all ears

WMA FM is continuing with it's Footy Show again this year, on Fridays from 5-6pm.

Any of the 'Castlemaine' based clubs are welcome to send someone in for a chat or to promote their club activities etc..

WMA is on 94.9 or you can stream it through wmafm.com

Tips:
Maldon V Creek - 261pts
Dunolly V Brook - Draw
Harcourt V Natte - 37pts
Rovers V Talbot - 52pts
Newstead V Navarre - 7pts
Lexton V Avoca - 105pts

brook
newstead
maldon
navarre
rovers
lexton
harcourt
dunolly

You reckon Rovers will end up better than Lexton? After all the talking up the Tigers' coach has done, I would have thought their positioning as favourites with Sportsbet was spot on! Wonder what he thinks of Maryborough's gutsy win over at Eaglehawk in last week's season opener?

Anyone know the latest with young B McRedmond? Was supposed to be "back home" at Talbot. KingRich might be able to fill us in?

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back