MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: MCDFL - Part 3

Not much talk about the clearances opening up? Quite a few names heading out to Harcourt, are they going to be the improvers this year? Oxley, Charlie Thompson and McKnight from Castlemaine are handy gets at this stage.

Trentham have a few names again too I see, any quality in the mix there?
the blokes that have signed up have looked pretty handy on the track as do the many that have been training but are yet to sign and are quality blokes. yet to see them in game situations as yet but quite impressive skill levels thus far based on scratch matches at training. just hope we can sign them all.

going by pix in sat bendy addy, big clean-up going on -- or did go on --- at carisbrook
did it xtend to the brokkers' oval, or was it just around town and the businesses in the main streets :confused:

hi workhorse,
the bloke is a young onballer from woodend when given the game time he can win alot of the hard ball the disposial afterwards can sometimes be else where but usually plays hard and can run all day, will be good to see him prove himself, im not sure about the netballers who are coming with him but the $300 a game isnt true and i know that his old team mates arent to happy he is leaving. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thanks hawkers but from the few games I watched last he lacked discipline and that was in the game at 12, I'm fairly sure he wasn't a regular senior contributor so should fit right right in at campbells creek

Harcourt look to be the big movers in pre-season regaining a number of premiership stars. Daniel Smith would be getting on a bit now but the 2 Thompsons will be very handy.

Talbot have re-signed young Brandon McRedmond from Maryborough. More to follow!

Thanks hawkers but from the few games I watched last he lacked discipline and that was in the game at 12, I'm fairly sure he wasn't a regular senior contributor so should fit right right in at campbells creek

i was told he broke his arm early in the year and didnt play over half the season. i could be wrong but that was the info i received.

Newstead have to be team To beat on preseason!
Have a look at recruits, half castlemiane senior side!
Must want another flag, and have the coin to do it so good on them.
Christmas will kick a ton, and with the castelmaine players they have from previous years they would probaly beat castlemaine in a praccy match... Lol
Natte going ok with recruits and Navarre about to name 3 new players from melb?
Any thoughts guys, will anyone get near newstead, and is it true avoca will fall away big time

Have heard Mcredmond(talbot) has made a good impression for himself signing a contract at lexton, then carisbrook to then go back to talbot, good way to get your career started and get ya head taken off you would imagine

Have heard Mcredmond(talbot) has made a good impression for himself signing a contract at lexton, then carisbrook to then go back to talbot, good way to get your career started and get ya head taken off you would imagine

can't imagine BRed would do that, he's a Talbot boy through and through, had his year at Burra and will go back. Wouldn't be like him to spruik himself around to different clubs

Good luck to him then, and well done to the Hawks for enticing him back. But something doesn't seem right about it. Why did he give commitments at Lexton and Brook before returning to Talbot, who he previously had a problem with? What was so wrong with either of those clubs, or for that matter Maryborough?

Some very handy players coming into the league this year. After looking at the clearance list expect the league to go to a whole new level.

Lexton, Newstead and Harcourt looking to be on the move!

Good luck to him then, and well done to the Hawks for enticing him back. But something doesn't seem right about it. Why did he give commitments at Lexton and Brook before returning to Talbot, who he previously had a problem with? What was so wrong with either of those clubs, or for that matter Maryborough?

He's not the first talented kid to have a look around and wont be the last. No incentive to stay at Burra this yr, they are in for IMO a long year. I highly doubt any player at Lexton or Brook would give 2 s$%ts what he does either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i c lachie woodward back at the burra. didn't he get a tap on the coaching shoulder for lack of numbers at training pre xmas with his then mcdfl club. cant remeber if it was avoca or dunolly
fancy it was the latter, but rich and mcdfl poster will put me straight.

i c lachie woodward back at the burra. didn't he get a tap on the coaching shoulder for lack of numbers at training pre xmas with his then mcdfl club. cant remeber if it was avoca or dunolly
fancy it was the latter, but rich and mcdfl poster will put me straight.

Yeah got his marching orders from Dunolly, things werent working out. Assumed he would end up at Burra or Royal Park.

Yeah got his marching orders from Dunolly, things werent working out. Assumed he would end up at Burra or Royal Park.
My mail was that a discussion took place regarding his effort at being the senior coach and then he resigned. He got no marching orders at all is my mail. Didn't put the effort in and left the club without a main man in the middle of January or thereabouts.

My mail was that a discussion took place regarding his effort at being the senior coach and then he resigned. He got no marching orders at all is my mail. Didn't put the effort in and left the club without a main man in the middle of January or thereabouts.

So you can't tell me at that stage that they knew J Mac was coming back?? I know I'm a bit out of the loop these days being in the big smoke, but knowing the family quite well, there was a lot of pushing to fall onto his own sword. I could be wrong, but that was my mail.

Went and watched Bushy train on Monday night, had about 13 on the track. Few new faces out there, nothing major to report though. Only losses so far seem to be Jay Anderson to Brook and Baz Gorman to, well I don't know! Good luck to Pez this year, think he knows it's gonna be a tough year, but it will be a good learning curve for him. Hopefully can get a few wins under his belt and set himself up for a great coaching career

So you can't tell me at that stage that they knew J Mac was coming back?? I know I'm a bit out of the loop these days being in the big smoke, but knowing the family quite well, there was a lot of pushing to fall onto his own sword. I could be wrong, but that was my mail.

James was never coming back and the former coach knew that. He was told at a meeting in 2010. The official statement on the club website was that he resigned and he approved the wording of it along with a family member of his after the meeting where his role ended at Dunolly.

A number of people were approached once Lachie left and James and the NT guys weren't promised as definites. At that stage James was likely to play for NT Thunder again seeing they were in the 2011 Champions League. It was only when no coach was signed that he agreed to give Dunolly one more year.

Kyle and Joey are apparently doing a good job and that is a bonus for the club as they could take over the role in the next few years.

I heard from a pretty honest source that the club interviewed two prospective coaches after Big Woody went his own way. J Mac was not on the radar as he now lives 8000 kms away or something ridiculous like that. The club couldn't get a coach so J Mac decided to take on the job with the help of Kile and Joey. The club had to think outside the box and they would be more than happy to have J Mac involved I would think.
Don't always assume something to be the truth just cos it's the simplest idea for people to come up with I say.:rolleyes:
Good to hear you're getting a few on the track Johnny. Rumours up here keep changing about the fortunes of Bushy but good luck to you.:thumbsu:

I heard from a pretty honest source that the club interviewed two prospective coaches after Big Woody went his own way. J Mac was not on the radar as he now lives 8000 kms away or something ridiculous like that. The club couldn't get a coach so J Mac decided to take on the job with the help of Kile and Joey. The club had to think outside the box and they would be more than happy to have J Mac involved I would think.
Don't always assume something to be the truth just cos it's the simplest idea for people to come up with I say.:rolleyes:
Good to hear you're getting a few on the track Johnny. Rumours up here keep changing about the fortunes of Bushy but good luck to you.:thumbsu:

Who cares, he's gone now (Woodward). Big year for Bushy IMO, really make or break for them in terms of existence i think. You dont want to see any teams go under but the writing is on the wall for a few teams lately, and bushy look the most vulnerable. Creek are on the brink again also apparently.

13 Players leaving castlemaine for mcdfl.. What's the story with most if not all to newstead

Christmas, conn ff Chf will be a forward line that destroys everyone you would think
Royal park about to fall over? Campbells creek in huge trouble ?
Avoca losing heaps, rovers got heaps on go, Maldon bouncing back with some good signings after a couple of keys left

Talbot will be ordinary,( that's what there coach said)
Lexton got heaps training, natte spending a quid, navarre looking good, brook keeping things quiet to the outside world, dunolly are a joke in my opinion, they should rename them selves the mcnamee eagles, harcourt getting many recruits as trentham
All IMO

Trentham have picked up alot of players from the Western Suburbs , they have managed to pick up Wade Leighton who is a massive Key Position Player.

W. Leighton for League B&F

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back