Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironically not the first tennis player to have a falling out with an Adelaide player. #McLeod #Hewitt

Ironically not the first tennis player to have a falling out with an Adelaide player. #McLeod #Hewitt
If only Lleyton had twitter back in the day...
Both making themselves look like idiots. No one wins this argument.
I think Kyrgios has almost reached the point where no one's surprised any more. He's definitely winning this argument though.
Seriously, who responds to a "I don't even know who that guy is" tweet with their own highlights package ? Adelaide should ban Tex from using twitter when someone from their media dept isn't there to supervise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only Lleyton had twitter back in the day...

I think Kyrgios has almost reached the point where no one's surprised any more. He's definitely winning this argument though.
Seriously, who responds to a "I don't even know who that guy is" tweet with their own highlights package ? Adelaide should ban Tex from using twitter when someone from their media dept isn't there to supervise.

Just imagine a world where AFL players got paid as much as tennis players.

As a former tennis man myself, I can attest to this fact. Heaps of players I grew up playing with/against barely cracked the top 150 in the world and made excellent money.
Really? That's surprising. I was under the impression that players who can't crack the top 100 at any stage don't end up earning that much with travel costs, coaching, physical training, travel etc + difficulty getting into tournaments with much prize money.

Really? That's surprising. I was under the impression that players who can't crack the top 100 at any stage don't end up earning that much with travel costs, coaching, physical training, travel etc + difficulty getting into tournaments with much prize money.

Im sure Ive read that as well, from former tennis players...Unless they meant the FEMALE circuit was more difficult financially?

Generally most professional players get a sponsorship or two which pays for pretty much all the travel. It's not a cheap business, but one player I knew topped in the 70s (only briefly) and netted about $5 mill in a 10 year career. Very comfortable for some time afterwards.

Playing doubles and mixed doubles helps a lot.

Generally most professional players get a sponsorship or two which pays for pretty much all the travel. It's not a cheap business, but one player I knew topped in the 70s (only briefly) and netted about $5 mill in a 10 year career. Very comfortable for some time afterwards.

Playing doubles and mixed doubles helps a lot.

That's interesting, and not what I expected.
I saw an interview with Sam Groth a little while back where he painted a pretty bleak picture of earning just enough to keep on tour. To be fair, he was in the late 100s at the time. I had been operating on the assumption that anything outside the top 50 you were basically grinding.

That's interesting, and not what I expected.
I saw an interview with Sam Groth a little while back where he painted a pretty bleak picture of earning just enough to keep on tour. To be fair, he was in the late 100s at the time. I had been operating on the assumption that anything outside the top 50 you were basically grinding.

Yeah I don't know how many tourneys Sam Groth was playing either because he was coaching his then wife as well.

If you play all year and play doubles and mixed, you can do pretty well if your ranking is 100-200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back