Rumour Melbourne based club having a high hair test result

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear, finally caught your breath again after the hard fought win against the Blues? Well done...
In short answer, no no & wtf? CBF to explain further, it is not all about you or your club... But back to your post.
You are claiming that the story about the drug use is "huge news". Strange as it was brought to everyone's attention by Pert some time ago & mentioned again by Maxwell. Difference, no figures nor references to other clubs. So where is the "huge" news factor? Or do you want to make it look like it is?
No exact player numbers have been mentioned as far as we know. just rounded up to a 25% which is translated as up to 11 players. It seems more dramatic that way, don't you think, but it could be less, who knows.
Huge news would be if it was ONLY Collingwood but the problem is wide spread across the AFL. Collingwood isn't even the club with the biggest drug issues . Out there are 2 clubs have a lot more to worry about. And the remaining clubs are not exactly in the clear either, including yours...
The hell are you talking about? It's a huge news story if it's only colllingwood players and it's a huge news story if it involves other clubs as well, either way it's a huge news story.
And there's nothing to defend, Collingwood have a drug issue at pie land

The hell are you talking about? It's a huge news story if it's only colllingwood players and it's a huge news story if it involves other clubs as well, either way it's a huge news story.
& a bigger drug issue at Essendon
But Collingwood have admitted they have a problem, Essendon are still denying it

Spare me your fake outrage. What I am responding to, is this:
11 Pie current players apparently have failed the hair test. Huge news if true!!
We know it is not just Collingwood, not even a few clubs . So that "huge news " claim from that quote is rubbish.

We haven't been exactly hiding that Collingwood has its share of illicit drug issues. And we have been saying that for years .
A story was about to break on that but it was overshadowed when a certain club got caught for running a supplement program.

And worse than that, 2 other clubs had more players!!!

It's indicative of what's going on out there in society and it won't abate anytime soon. This ice scourge will be the undoing of a lot of players. I never thought I'd say this, but there is a drug worse than smack!!
Um did you just suggest mental health is self inflicted like sucking on the glass pipe that 11 of your boys have been caught doing ? Turn it up. Pies unfortunately have form. 2 players caught taking performance enhancing drugs, now this..yet you try to suggest Edwards due to his shoulder, he actually played today and Yarran are like pies players lol

Why are you assuming this is an ice issue? I would almost certainly say its not ice. I would assume its cocaine.

I think your agenda - as an essendon supporter - is very clear here. If you do not see the issues with the way this story has been conveyed then that is unfortunate. It is a massive beat up from someone with a bone to pick with pies. It is clearly aimed directly at collingwood - and causing damage and putting pressure on them. If robbo wanted to seriously highlight drug issues in the AFL other teams wouldve been named. Both AFLPA and Pies have refuted robbos claims. The fact that it broke on thursday night is very suss as well

Why are you assuming this is an ice issue? I would almost certainly say its not ice. I would assume its cocaine.

To clarify - and i think a lot of people with some involvement in a footy club could back me up - cocaine is a massive part of football party culture. Ice users cant function in normal society - if a football player was addicted to ice he would be delisted within months

To clarify - and i think a lot of people with some involvement in a footy club could back me up - cocaine is a massive part of football party culture. Ice users cant function in normal society - if a football player was addicted to ice he would be delisted within months
Agreed.

Ice is rampant amongst country and suburban clubs. If it's Charlie, that presents another range of health issues such as cardiac episodes when the players are under severe cardio strain. But if it's ice...... that's just the worst of the lot.

lol flog! you think with all the crap Essendon has gone through its players would still be stupid enough to attempt to mess around with that crap
There will be some. Considering the differentiation between recreational and performance enhancing in terms of penalty. And I think that the least number of positives amongst the clubs was 3. So someone at Essendon is having a good time, whether you want to believe that or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^if it were my club, I'd want them to man up like Collingwood

Not bullsh!t like Essendon
Where have Collingwood "manned up"? Eddie came out and said "the club should be told", and then demanded every other club be dropped in the same pile of shit they're in. Manning up is saying "we have a problem, we'll try internally to sort it out", not trying to drag everyone else down with you.

"We're f*****. We won't look quite as f****** if everyone else is f****** too! Who can we dob in to take the heat off us?"

Will be interesting if this comes out HQ slam the club as much as they slammed WCE

Doubt it. The head office families in this instance would have to deal with the affected supporters on a daily basis. Wouldn't want that.

Now HS reporting up to 30 pies players tested positive. Massive.

Really disillusioned with the club atm if that is true... Cannot explain the dissappointment...

Where have Collingwood "manned up"? Eddie came out and said "the club should be told", and then demanded every other club be dropped in the same pile of shit they're in. Manning up is saying "we have a problem, we'll try internally to sort it out", not trying to drag everyone else down with you.

"We're f*****. We won't look quite as f****** if everyone else is f****** too! Who can we dob in to take the heat off us?"
Not what happened but anyway...

There will be some. Considering the differentiation between recreational and performance enhancing in terms of penalty. And I think that the least number of positives amongst the clubs was 3. So someone at Essendon is having a good time, whether you want to believe that or not.

This bombers tragic still doesnt understand the difference in principle between performance enhancing and recreational...

You got a short memory or a very selective memory. Or maybe both.

This was 3 weeks ago.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...c-player-drug-use-in-afl-20160309-gne93t.html
And for good measure, our ex-captain followed not short after with this..
http://www.sen.com.au/news/03-16/nick-maxwell-on-illicit-drugs-players-having-a-laugh-in-off-season

lol flog! you think with all the crap Essendon has gone through its players would still be stupid enough to attempt to mess around with that crap
Call me a flog all you want, the drug issue I'm talking about at your club is peptides.
You know the players took peptides, I know the players took peptides & every other f##ker knows your players took peptides.
But your p!ssweak club can't man up & admit they took peptides.
Instead they trot out this bullsh!t line that they know they took nothing banned, yet they admit they don't know what they took.
THATS WHAT I MEAN ANOUT MANNING UP
YA FLOG

Obviously you don't follow footy.

Pert has been on about the problem of recreational drugs for a couple of yrs. he's been man enough to admit there is a problem. 1 of the few who will publicly admit it. He has said "we have a problem" THATS MANNING UP

I know you agree, cause that's exactly what you've said above.
Maybe think before you hit 'post'

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Melbourne based club having a high hair test result

Remove this Banner Ad

Back