Melbourne does not deserve Origin..

Remove this Banner Ad

sportznut said:
Huh? It would have been if it was at the MCG, but it's at the Dome. The most they can fit in is around 54000, isn't it?

Standard practice for Rugby League crowds in Victoria is to inflate them by 50% and round it off a bit regardless of how many people actually pay and turn up.

Official crowd will be announced as 75,000 ;)

musha_13 said:
I did.

Level 3 at the dome is better than almost anywhere at the 'G' because you are still so close. The dome is without a shadow of a doubt the best gound to watch sport in Melbourne if not the country.
What a load of crap, the Dome is a dump, crap to watch sport at, lacks atmosphere. Only soft morons like it because they are scared of a little rain :rolleyes:

eddiesmith said:
What a load of crap, the Dome is a dump, crap to watch sport at, lacks atmosphere. Only soft morons like it because they are scared of a little rain :rolleyes:

eddie, eddie, eddie, whilst I'll agree that the MCG is a much better stadium, to say the DOME has no atmosphere is just plain wrong.

Now I know who you support and you know who I support and I'm assuming you have been there when its a packed house, try and tell me there is no atmosphere. I give you two examples, Collingwood vs Geelong in 2005 and rd8 2002 Collingwood vs Brisbane. If you thought there was no atmosphere then i want to live in your highflying, ultra over the top exciting world, where atmosphere like those are considered boring and mundane.

Now if you are talking about the last quarter against Adelaide this year, that had nothing to do with the stadium.

WKB said:
eddie, eddie, eddie, whilst I'll agree that the MCG is a much better stadium, to say the DOME has no atmosphere is just plain wrong.

Now I know who you support and you know who I support and I'm assuming you have been there when its a packed house, try and tell me there is no atmosphere. I give you two examples, Collingwood vs Geelong in 2005 and rd8 2002 Collingwood vs Brisbane. If you thought there was no atmosphere then i want to live in your highflying, ultra over the top exciting world, where atmosphere like those are considered boring and mundane.

Now if you are talking about the last quarter against Adelaide this year, that had nothing to do with the stadium.
The atmosphere at the Brisbane game this year was far better than those 2 games

To get atmosphere at the Dome you need a full house and a close game, you dont at the G

eddiesmith said:
The atmosphere at the Brisbane game this year was far better than those 2 games

To get atmosphere at the Dome you need a full house and a close game, you dont at the G

Look I agree with you that the MCG is better, upon saying that I don't mind telstra, but you can't beat Telstra.

But its a sell-out so by your rationale there will be atmosphere.

Surely you can see the reasoning behind Telstra, there will be a lot of people who are sitting on the fence about going (which is part of the reason it shouldn't be here in the first place) with Telstra they are more likely to go. If it was a cold,wet and sh*tty night you'd get bugger all at the MCG, which is fine for an AFL game, but I don't think it translates well with Rugby League.

Just a question are they extending the bottom level of Telstra so that it eliminates the oval aspect of it. the bottom stands on the wings can be pulled out, happens when concerts and the wrestling was there. They also did it when the Storm played a few games at there. Brings people closer to the action and if the tickets are selling that well it creates a few more places.

WKB said:

It's full of Aussies, isn't it? So how could any atmosphere be generated?

I'm not a leaguey, a Tasmanian who has lived in Victoria for about 8 years and now in the ACT.
Origin is all I'd be interested in. Club and international league don't have that same bite. Origin usually has more mongrel about it, and league is (for those of us without a league background) purely a physical game.
I'd be going to origin if I was still in Melbourne, but the Storm games I went to were a waste of time and league internationals seem to be a standard below the club competition a lot of the time.
Some will go just because its an event, others will be going because its the only league they will watch. Some will go just out of interest, to see what the game is like live, and maybe they'll find they like the game. If so, good luck to them and the ARL.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Standard practice for Rugby League crowds in Victoria is to inflate them by 50% and round it off a bit regardless of how many people actually pay and turn up.

Official crowd will be announced as 75,000 ;)

Thrown a few bagels around a virtual whl have we?:rolleyes:

eddiesmith said:
If the game was at the MCG there would be a huge crowd, personally I aint going because I cant stand the Dome, if it was at the G I would go and wouldnt be suprised if more thought the same, especially once level 1 went, who wants to buy reserved seats on level 3?

Thats why you get in early to get level 2 seats. I dont like the Dome either but ey, i would watch this game if it was played at Boronia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne does not deserve Origin..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back