Melbourne overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

boomer_29

Debutant
May 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It has come to my attention that a lot of media personalities, journalists and so called "experts" are tipping Melbourne to make the top 8 this year. There is no logic to this statement what so ever, has everyone forgotten they finished 12th last year? They have no genuine stars in their team, obviously Brad Green is the closest and yes he is rather good but he is merely a shining light in an otherwise mediocre forward line. Frawley was one of the worst All-Australian selections of all-time and Scully and Trengove are going to be good footballers in the future but in 2011 they are hardly going to turn a game are they....I cannot believe how many people are getting sucked in by the hype that surround this young group, yes they will be competitive in the future but if anyone thinks they will be a top 8 chance this year think again.

My tip - put your whole bank account on the TAB sportsbet odds of 2.05 for Melbourne to miss the top 8.

Couldn't agree with the OP more. While their young players are likely to improve, I believe the core group is not skilled or diverse enough to challenge for the 8. If Melbourne is supposedly a challenger for the top 8, then lock in the Gold Coast as Top 8 certainties. Every single team that finished higher on the ladder than them last year will not drop below them this year....apart from maybe Port Adelaide. And that's if Melbourne have a good year. There is a losing culture for many of the young players in their team and this will NOT hold them in good stead for this year, or future years to come.

how many north melbourne supporters have started a thread EXACTLY like this during the off-season? get over it.

fwiw, i agree with the basic principle of the op - shouldn't be capable of making finals in 2011 as they're a young, inexperienced side. but stranger things have happened...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many north melbourne supporters have started a thread EXACTLY like this during the off-season? get over it.

fwiw, i agree with the basic principle of the op - shouldn't be capable of making finals in 2011 as they're a young, inexperienced side. but stranger things have happened...

Nothing to do with my allegiance to north melbourne. Can't a fan of the game comment on another club?

And the tips have only recently come out so the topic is completely relevant.

It has come to my attention that a lot of media personalities, journalists and so called "experts" are tipping Melbourne to make the top 8 this year.

It's just so sad when people get their panties in a twist over what some so called footy expert thinks or media personality.Like people should do with your thoughts,just take no notice of them.

It is most certainly true that if one analyses posts by North Melbourne fans on this site then it is indeed true that Melbourne is not over rated by North Melbourne fans. May I just say its great to be hated..even if only by North Melbourne fans!

It has come to my attention that a lot of media personalities, journalists and so called "experts" are tipping Melbourne to make the top 8 this year. There is no logic to this statement what so ever, has everyone forgotten they finished 12th last year? They have no genuine stars in their team, obviously Brad Green is the closest and yes he is rather good but he is merely a shining light in an otherwise mediocre forward line. Frawley was one of the worst All-Australian selections of all-time and Scully and Trengove are going to be good footballers in the future but in 2011 they are hardly going to turn a game are they....I cannot believe how many people are getting sucked in by the hype that surround this young group, yes they will be competitive in the future but if anyone thinks they will be a top 8 chance this year think again.

My tip - put your whole bank account on the TAB sportsbet odds of 2.05 for Melbourne to miss the top 8.
Jesus Christ.

It's obvious Melbourne are over hyped and although I believe there's a slim chance we can make the finals, the odds are against us.

However, the OP lost all credibility when he said Frawley was the worst AA selection ever. Have you watched him play at all? Got the size and strength to take on the Brown's and the Riewoldts yet the the speed and agility to play on the Jetta's and the LeCras' of footy.

It's obvious Melbourne are over hyped and although I believe there's a slim chance we can make the finals, the odds are against us.

However, the OP lost all credibility when he said Frawley was the worst AA selection ever. Have you watched him play at all? Got the size and strength to take on the Brown's and the Riewoldts yet the the speed and agility to play on the Jetta's and the LeCras' of footy.
He also conceded 28 goals in 21 games playing at FB. You couple that with his defensive skills... he is absolutely an elite defender.

I found it weird so many people think Melbourne are on the verge of being the 'next big thing'.

Its simple. You are a Bombers fan. Probably of an age where all you had seen up until the mediocrity of the end of the Sheedy/Jackson era at Essendon was a successful Essendon and a struggling Melbourne. It was enough that you should have comprehended that Essendon was struggling. But to have Essendon struggling AND the Dees more widely tipped to climb the ladder and challenge for a flag sooner than Essendon is a reality outside of your comprehension.

He also conceded 28 goals in 21 games playing at FB. You couple that with his defensive skills... he is absolutely an elite defender.

Considering how leaky our midfield is and the amount of inside 50's the opposition enjoys, that's a good effort.

Unfortunately, it's the same midfield which will most likely cause us to miss the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back