Melbourne Storm - The Least Popular Football Team In Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

The Telegraph tried to do this last year as well.

It ran a "get behind Manly as the Sydney team" line.

Well nothing is going to make this Sydneysider follow Manly against anybody. If the vast majority of people in Sydney don't support Melbourne over Manly on Sunday I'll walk naked down George Street.

Just because Manly haven't been as succesful of late doesn't mean people are willing to forgive them for their evil ways.

I supported Manly in an important match once (against the Super League Bulldogs in 1995) - I still feel dirty about it to this day.

Pfft. I'll be cheering for the Storm.

Pot calling the kettle black calling Melbourne Whingers given that other teams and the media have made an artform whinging about every thing the Storm do

Sounds very much like Carlton.

Nope, Carlton win premierships...

Manly would be more like a team which has a big supporter base, makes grand finals, but never wins them, and is hated by everyone...

Wonder who that could be?!?! :D

I wouldnt worry about it

Success bring hatred, look at Essendon and Carlton

Storms has played in almost every finals series since it came into the NRL and has won 2 premierships

people only hate storm because of the success, because there so called superior sydney clubs are doing poorly

Go Storm , Back to Back baby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved by me in WA. Go the Storm - been supporting them since 2006, and just a great club and team, coached by the one of the best. Can't wait to see them in Perth next year verse the Rabbits.

Anyone else get the feeling that the Storm will get screwed out of the game again ala the '06 GF?

I can see it coming. Just like '06 the opposition also has one of their greats playing his last game in Menzies. Best to send him out with a premiership like Webcke....

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Hopefully not,cos of Archer being the ref.
We also have Matty Geyer to send off in style.

The crowd factor may have an influence though. Hopefully lot of Storm supporters there and Storm get on the board really early to keep the crowd quiet.

Motivation, fitness injuries will be the biggest factors. Love to have King and Cross in the team (just remenising here):D We will miss Cam and Hoffy.

I got all nervous and worried, then I saw that you support the dragons.

You need someone to blame for everything thats gone wrong at your club since 1999.

must be hard being you...
Acually Melbourne were my 2nd team in the past. In fact I posted a thread here after the 2006 gf saying I would be happy to see them win the next one.

I just thought I'd point out what appears to be obvious to me in this thread. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Storm - The Least Popular Football Team In Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back