Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

60k initially with ability to extend to 70k....
They have had a waiting line for years to get seated memberships, and I imagine many dont bother because they dont wwant to wait...

60k initially with ability to extend to 70k....
They have had a waiting line for years to get seated memberships, and I imagine many dont bother because they dont wwant to wait...
So they'll have 70k plus they seem to be about 10k above capacity at the best of times. Therefore you'd imagine at least 80k

memgraf_140228.png dailyrategraph_140228.png

Well there you go - only our second week since the start of December where we've had a substantive win with signups for the week over previous years. Good work Tigers. So numerically 11,106 in front of last year and % of 124.9% compared to last years number which project at 71,427 and 75,332 respectively - so we should be a shoe in for the 70k and will be stretching to get to the 75 but looking plausible.

Last edited:
We will get to second. What will be interesting is if we are still above the Eagles in a few years when they move stadiums.

We will Tigs cause the new Perth stadium will hold 60,000 (with potential to be increased to 70,000 in the future if needed) their membership will be limited to the stadiums capacity, so cant see them having a 70 or 80k membership in the nearest future....
If and i say if they ever decided to increase to 70K btw that would be a long long way away maybe 20 years min, as this 60K stadium opens in 2018...
Full details click on link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Stadium

We will Tigs cause the new Perth stadium will hold 60,000 (with potential to be increased to 70,000 in the future if needed) their membership will be limited to the stadiums capacity, so cant see them having a 70 or 80k membership in the nearest future....
If and i say if they ever decided to increase to 70K btw that would be a long long way away maybe 20 years min, as this 60K stadium opens in 2018...
Full details click on link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Stadium
Thanks for that. They'll find a way to go beyond stadium capacity. Like the Pies at the G. There wouldn't be 80k seats available for members but they keep selling them. WC already have more than Subi capacity I believe.

Thanks for that. They'll find a way to go beyond stadium capacity. Like the Pies at the G. There wouldn't be 80k seats available for members but they keep selling them. WC already have more than Subi capacity I believe.

Yes those 10K members they have "waiting in the wings" clever initiative to get supporters paying to get in first on top of existing members when the new stadium opens, so imo i think they'll fluctuate between a 60-70K membership...

Collingwood will give away guernsey's + 1 game memberships for $20 dollars to claim they got 100,000 members.

No one doubts they have 100,000 supporters, but a large majority of their fanbase are fair-weather who don't follow footy much and wouldn't want to budget it into their expenses every year.

Richmond on the other hand are trying to reclaim thousands of fans who turned away, looks like its happening. The Alex Lloyd song was a great shot in the arm for our membership, what a fantastic marketing idea.

Collingwood will give away guernsey's + 1 game memberships for $20 dollars to claim they got 100,000 members.

No one doubts they have 100,000 supporters, but a large majority of their fanbase are fair-weather who don't follow footy much and wouldn't want to budget it into their expenses every year.

Richmond on the other hand are trying to reclaim thousands of fans who turned away, looks like its happening. The Alex Lloyd song was a great shot in the arm for our membership, what a fantastic marketing idea.

Can't believe you think they are capable of this !!

A lot of it depends on winning early games. It's no surprise that memberships have surged since we flogged Collingwood last week, even though it was just a practice match. And it was no surprise that memberships stalled after our pathetic effort against the Dees.

If we can win early games and be in the top 4 after round 10, then we will hit 75,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

magpies-68,548(70,000)
hawks-57,311(50,625)
tigers-55,736(45,118)
eagles-51,876(54,801)
crows-49,126(42,000)
bombers-48,147(43,723)
dockers~45,000(40,000)
power-43,027(29,726)
blues-40,243(36,912)
cats-34,267(32,032)
swans~32,000(28,000)
kangaroos-28,792(24,356)
demons-27,736(24,801)
saints-24,325(27,123)
dogs-22,520(20,923)
lions-16,549(14,805)
suns-9,922(9,316)
giants 8,514(10,386)

Figures in brackets are from 1/3/13. So we'll be closer to 11k ahead with yesterdays numbers not added yet

Last edited:
Yeah spot on we will out grow the MCG lol Then we will have to request they build us a bigger ground :p

No need for a bigger ground. I have always believed that we should use punt road oval to our advantage when we get too big (e.g. make a GF or exceed seat capacity of membership numbers). If a MASSIVE screen was set up at punt road with the atmosphere of the MCG crowd audible in the distance as it always is and 10k strictly tiger fans crammed into punt road as well......Look out

Members enter free. Non Members pay game day price of MCG (or maybe even half??)

Massive screen could be used for game day telecast and then the remainder of the week hire it out as advertising space as an electronic bill board.

Just paid for itself........(castle reference)

No need for a bigger ground. I have always believed that we should use punt road oval to our advantage when we get too big (e.g. make a GF or exceed seat capacity of membership numbers). If a MASSIVE screen was set up at punt road with the atmosphere of the MCG crowd audible in the distance as it always is and 10k strictly tiger fans crammed into punt road as well......Look out

Members enter free. Non Members pay game day price of MCG (or maybe even half??)

Massive screen could be used for game day telecast and then the remainder of the week hire it out as advertising space as an electronic bill board.

Nice idea :)

That's an awesome idea

Not sure of the cost analysis but maybe it is a possible revenue source EVERY GF day as a way to effectively try and increase the capacity of the MCG by leasing it out/charging 10-20k people of participating clubs (assuming Richmond is not participating) to attend a GF hub right next to where game is being played.
10k people at $10 a head entry = $100k, $20 a head $200k. Even better if ground could hold 20k people (subtracting cost of doing it obviously).
Like I say not sure of the cost analysis but sounds good in principle....

Richmond has done this on GF days before. Nothing new here. Every side that makes the GF has a big screen at their home ground for those that miss out. Don't forget if you get GF tickets, I'll take them and you can go to punt road oval. Would be crap sitting there wishing you were in the G.

Richmond has done this on GF days before. Nothing new here. Every side that makes the GF has a big screen at their home ground for those that miss out. Don't forget if you get GF tickets, I'll take them and you can go to punt road oval. Would be crap sitting there wishing you were in the G.

The difference between us and the other clubs is we'll get the extra roar cos punt road is a torp away!

The difference between us and the other clubs is we'll get the extra roar cos punt road is a torp away!

It'll be like an echo.......;):cool:

As opposed to what....missing out on tickets and sitting at home with 10 tiger mates or in a pub with 100 tiger mates and a couple of blokes annoying the hell out of you from the opposition. Great chance for the next best thing to being in the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back