Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
The club has this evening sent out an email to members from CEO Craig Vozzo.

Dear Essendon Members,

Tomorrow, the club will launch our membership renewal process for the 2025 AFL Season.

You, our loyal members, are the lifeblood of Essendon.

Following the conclusion of our AFL season, our ongoing ambition remains very clear – we continue to strive to create and support world class football programs for our players and teams. Our focus is to continue to build the foundations to ensure Essendon plays and wins finals. Across the entire club, we are all disappointed we are not playing in September right now.

Brad was brought on as our Senior Coach to develop a new brand of football at Essendon and to play his role in nurturing a new team culture. We are two seasons into the journey and although we remain disappointed with our final outcomes in the 2024 season, our results through a significant portion of the season showed that our best football can match it with all teams.

Our players are hungry to improve both as a team and individually – they feel the same frustration and disappointment as our members and supporters with our results in the back portion of the season. Particularly those games we let slip when we had worked so hard to put ourselves into strong winning positions. Our players are committed to the hard work and dedication required to improve.

We will be leaving no stone unturned as we seek to support our players and to improve as a club both on and off the field. We have the same burning ambition as our members and supporters – to build a team that is capable of winning a Premiership and bringing a period of sustained success to this great club.

To be a member of the Essendon Football Club is to support one of the AFL’s great teams, a team with a rich and proud history, and a team with an exciting future across both the AFL and AFLW competitions.

Thanks to your incredible support, 2024 produced our highest attended home game season since 2007 and our second highest season of overall home game attendances in the club’s history. We are strengthened by the loyalty and passion of generations of Bomber fans and families. The longest-tenured Essendon member spans more than 85 years of consecutive support, while 334 of our members have been so for 50 years or more. We have 1,440 members who have been consecutive members since the year of their birth, including 526 Baby Bombers born in 2024.

The support and loyalty our members have displayed in 2024 and over our long history allows the club to remain financially stable and to retain our independence as a football club. By investing in our club, you invest in our future. Your support helps us to grow - on and off the field. We want to maintain our position as one of the AFL’s leading clubs and your membership contribution provides us with the financial platform that is essential to creating and maintaining the facilities, staff and programs required to support our players to be the very best they can be.

Following our membership price freezes ahead of both the 2021 and 2023 AFL seasons, the club is in the final year of our two-year price revision which was designed to ensure we can both continue to invest in our football programs at a comparable level to other high performing AFL clubs, as well as seek to allow us to provide our members with the best entertainment product and member experience we can.

Like everyone in this difficult economic climate, over the past 12 months we have encountered significant cost pressures across many aspects of our business. For the 2025 season, while our premium membership categories will increase at approximately the same rate as in 2024, we are pleased to announce a price freeze on our junior entry-level membership categories and increases in line with inflation only for our adult members in this category.

Our commitment remains to making our game accessible for all fans, providing an affordable option for entry level access memberships while ensuring our next generation of Bomber fans can remain connected as we grow.

In 2024 we reached capacity in our Reserved Seat Membership category. In 2025 we anticipate, for the first time in the club’s history, a waiting list for this category. Current 2024 reserved seat members will be given the opportunity first to renew their current membership package for the 2025 Season.

Membership benefits come in all shapes and sizes. We love when you and your family come to our games. We also love it when you support us via TV and radio, digital media, our website and other fan experiences. No matter how you’re accessing our games and our club content, you are a Bomber member through and through.

In addition to the member benefits you have enjoyed this year, we are committed to innovating our entertainment product for you. We are also working hard with the AFL and MCG to seek to schedule one extra home game at the MCG for the 2025 Season and we will know more in coming weeks. Our First Class digital hub will expand to include increased behind-the-scenes access for members only, exclusive interviews and insights with our players and coaches and exclusive first-access to new merchandise range, member-first news and content and the opportunity to take part in member Q&As with players and coaches.

Our Members Seat Return program allows members who hold a reserved seat for MCG and Marvel Stadium home games to return their seat for re-sale if they're unable to attend the match. Members who return their seat will receive a credit to use towards their next season’s membership.

Our fan engagement calendar will include more Snap & Sign Sessions with a focus on school holidays and weekends, the return of Member Fest in December 2024 and an enhanced member milestone program to reward members for their consecutive years of membership.

The 2025 AFL Season Membership renewal process will begin tomorrow with supporters receiving a personalised email explaining any relevant changes and what it means for them. The club also offers payment plans to spread the cost of membership across the season and our membership team will be happy to discuss this option with you.

We are relentlessly working to position our club for on-field success in 2025 and beyond. Your loyalty and support is critical to our success and we again thank you.

Go Bombers.

Craig Vozzo
Chief Executive Officer
Essendon Football Club

It seems the club know they could be in strife after membership numbers were down in 2024.

The suggestion of implementing a reserved seat waitlist sounds like nothing more than a scare tactic to force current members to renew. How can this be the case when the overall number of members has decreased? Seems totally disingenuous.

The suggestion of implementing a reserved seat waitlist sounds like nothing more than a scare tactic to force current members to renew. How can this be the case when the overall number of members has decreased? Seems totally disingenuous.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

This. They actually said this to me when I downgraded my High Mark Membership a few years ago.

I haven't been a member for five years now. I stuck with them through many years of pain, but I no longer wish to support them (Financially) or reward mediocrity. I will remain a passionate supporter from afar. When the time is right and I witness the team demonstrating significant strides toward success, I will consider resuming my membership.

In case people haven’t noticed, the economy is absolutely ****ed.

Unaffordable housing and high inflation.

The cost of everything is up. Everything.

People’s eyes glaze over when you talk about it and some even think it doesn’t affect them. It does, in things like this. Everything you do, everything you enjoy, you’ll be paying the price with.

The only thing this club cares about is this metric.

If you want them to hear you're dissatisfied with the clubs output then don't renew your membership. Simple.
Surely they could/would interpret a dwindling membership base as "supporters want us to be more competitive, let's sacrifice the the future for the now" which is not a good thing.

I haven't been a member for five years now. I stuck with them through many years of pain, but I no longer wish to support them (Financially) or reward mediocrity. I will remain a passionate supporter from afar. When the time is right and I witness the team demonstrating significant strides toward success, I will consider resuming my membership.

It’s a shame to hear supporters jumping off the bandwagon when the going gets tough…

It’s a shame to hear supporters jumping off the bandwagon when the going gets tough…
The going got tough long before I decided not to renew my membership. This club has faced struggles for a long time now. A foolish part of me thinks that by not renewing, I might send a message that could help push things in a better direction. I know it’s dumb, but at the end of the day, it’s a business. If membership numbers start to decline, perhaps it will light a fire under them. Of course, I realize it’s a bit naive, and Schnitzengruben is probably right they would most likely panic and resort to shortcuts just to appease the rapid decline.

The going got tough long before I decided not to renew my membership. This club has faced struggles for a long time now. A foolish part of me thinks that by not renewing, I might send a message that could help push things in a better direction. I know it’s dumb, but at the end of the day, it’s a business. If membership numbers start to decline, perhaps it will light a fire under them. Of course, I realize it’s a bit naive, and Schnitzengruben is probably right they would most likely panic and resort to shortcuts just to appease the rapid decline.

What you’re suggesting is we will perform better as a club/team with less resources at our disposal. In reality, at the moment, it’s one of our only competitive advantages that we still have a decent size membership base and can compete financially with most of the bigger clubs. If we come back to the pack we are just falling further behind and becoming even less relevant…

What you’re suggesting is we will perform better as a club/team with less resources at our disposal. In reality, at the moment, it’s one of our only competitive advantages that we still have a decent size membership base and can compete financially with most of the bigger clubs. If we come back to the pack we are just falling further behind and becoming even less relevant…
When the club has made bad decision after bad decision using these member driven finances, is it any wonder people question whether it's where they want their money to go?

I haven't been a member since the saga when I was disgusted with the club and questioning where my loyalties lie. Ultimately I couldn't even pretend to follow another club nor escape the fact I enjoy football, therefore I am still a loud and proud Essendon supporter but I need to see that this club is serious before I seriously consider handing them my hard earned. That doesn't mean winning finals/flags, but making better decisions that will carry the club forward

There's been some encouraging signs these last few months with the influence of Sheedy and Dodoro seemingly being significantly reduced, it sounds like we're having hard list management discussions that hopefully lead to some hard but necessary list decisions. If things continue it won't be long before I become a member again but they need to show the approach is more than a flash in the pan and show that the club is running the show in a professional manner, not the coteries and rusted on old guard boys club.

Money is the one thing the club has heaps of.
What they need is a clue and a kick in the arse!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just cancelled my renewal, and it felt good! Will be upgrading my Storm membership with the extra funds - at least you are confident they will have a crack most weeks.

Digital membership has increased from $250 to $350 - I wonder if Kayo are increasing again or its just the arrogance of the EFC board.

on one hand, i sincerely enjoy attending games and not getting rorted by GA costs, but man, this club is the closest i've ever been to being scammed. it's wholly disappointing that we have the CEO/board we do that very clearly only care about the money, but that's the reality of businesses nowadays.

i'll probably renew, but it'll be more of a love of going to football games as opposed to essendon games.

column a, column b etc.

on one hand, i sincerely enjoy attending games and not getting rorted by GA costs, but man, this club is the closest i've ever been to being scammed. it's wholly disappointing that we have the CEO/board we do that very clearly only care about the money, but that's the reality of businesses nowadays.

i'll probably renew, but it'll be more of a love of going to football games as opposed to essendon games.

column a, column b etc.
An AFL membership where you can attend any game sounds like a better option for you.

Surely they could/would interpret a dwindling membership base as "supporters want us to be more competitive, let's sacrifice the the future for the now" which is not a good thing.

If they do they’re idiots.

My perspective is Supporters want competence at whatever stage the list is in. Success is just a Biproduct of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Membership 2025

Back