Membership Crisis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs supporters have a long history of jumping on and off. I was a tin rattler in 1989 and it seems to be a perennial battle to get "real" people to sign up year after year. When you look at our attendances I think we have a solid base of about 18 thousand supporters that come to all the games. In our Crisis times ( just like North now) we get the media guys going out buying multiple memberships ( I remember Dermie Brereton saying he bought 3 one year ), supporters like some on this board buying extra tickets and pet and children memberships probably outnumber social club memberships. A year or two later the Dermies of the world have a new crusade to support, the multiple membership buyers have other expenses and the kids are busy doing other things with the other half and you head to the footy without them.

Last year was a record yet we still got told 5 thousand members from the previous year hadn't signed up. This year it is 8000. Who are they? Dermie and the dog probably. WE ARE NEVER GOING TO GET 32000 adult members.

BUT.... we need to look at WHY people aren't buying memberships.

Lack of confidence in sustained performance is always an excuse and financial hardship in the West is a reality but no one ever mentions the LACK of Value for Money.
What do I get for my hard earned each year that I have been dishing out since 1975?
7 home games with my reserve seat ( X 3 with my two kids included)
2 "home games" at the G minus my paid for reserved seat that I can go to without a membership ticket anyway and get a decent seat because they are always interstate teams which means no crowds
2 "home games" in Darwin and Sydney/now Canberra that I can never get to due to both financial and work reasons.

I buy a 5/16/17/18 home and away game ticket to get into all away games with all the money going to the Dogs but then we get the fake "bonus" on make up games for the interstate games I never get to which means I get in with my ticket that I've already paid for anyway.

I'm paying the same price for a reserve seat that I paid when we used to play all our home games AT HOME and I'm supposed to be happy about that.

I'll keep paying every year but the Dogs have to address this because I'm sure a lot of people would rather buy a ticket on a game by game basis rather than blow money on home tickets that don't exist.
Get over it everyone.
Paid up Doggies member 2008.
Go Doggies

Interesting to note that several posters cannot afford to pay their subs when they can afford more expensive internet connections!

Why exactly is that interesting to note?

How do you know they are posting from home and not using a work internet connection?

Get over it everyone.
Go Doggies

What purpose does this kind of rubbish post serve?

I don't want to hear all these crap excuses for people not buying a membership.

The ones like having kids to feed and a mortgage to pay off?:confused:

Get over it everyone.
Go Doggies

Grow up.

As much as I love the Dogs, there have been times when we couldn't afford to be members. Not everyone can.

Everyone is welcome to support us as best they can, without morons insulting their commitment.

Grow up.

As much as I love the Dogs, there have been times when we couldn't afford to be members. Not everyone can.

Everyone is welcome to support us as best they can, without morons insulting their commitment.
Mate no one is insulting peoples comments as I understand people find it tough at times but what I can not stand is people whinging and finding excuses for not joining up for eg; the memship hotline is not professional enough, the food at Telstra is not good enough, I did not get all of my membership goodies, the dogs lost the last 6 in row last season and it was a limp effort and the website is average.
So there is no morons out here just people who have a little more maturity to move on from things and look for the positives from our great football club and join up, make sure you look at the whole picture not just what you want to read. Paid up 2008 member. Go Doggies

Why exactly is that interesting to note?

How do you know they are posting from home and not using a work internet connection?

What purpose does this kind of rubbish post serve?

The ones like having kids to feed and a mortgage to pay off?:confused:
The purpose this kind of rubbish serves is move on and stop whinging you people sound like you are all in an english pub on Coronation Street. Get on with it, either join up or go and tell the club personally.
Go Doggies.

I'll be doing my (small) bit to help the club, as I'm now working full-time I will purchase a membership in the next week or two. I've been a member for 14 years, just Dad has bought my ticket and had bought the extra Adult ticket he was buying for me.

The purpose this kind of rubbish serves is move on and stop whinging you people sound like you are all in an english pub on Coronation Street. Get on with it, either join up or go and tell the club personally.
Go Doggies.

The mistake a lot of new people make is not actually reading and thus having have no idea what they are talking about.

You will find (if of course you bothered to take the time to read) that this board and it's members have raised thousands of dollars for the Bulldogs. People here have contributed to backyard memberships for under-privleged children, sponsered a player and received absolutely nothing in return...Buy memberships every year whilst living overseas and getting no benefit whatsoever (no not even a cool fridge magnet). Does this sound like a group of people who have not yet joined up?

What people are doing are telling the club where they are going wrong for those not as passionate as others. And believe me, the club reads these boards.

Some great passionate discussion on this thread, lets keep that spirit alive and bring it to the games this year people!!

Each of of can do our little bit, times are tough though so don't be quick to point the finger at your fellow supporter.

I'm paid up and proud after sitting on the fence for FAR too long.

Here's to our future!!

Nice of the footy show guys to mention the Dogs membership. And they said something about rounding up members on the show next week, does anyone have any info on what the plan is?

The mistake a lot of new people make is not actually reading and thus having have no idea what they are talking about.

You will find (if of course you bothered to take the time to read) that this board and it's members have raised thousands of dollars for the Bulldogs. People here have contributed to backyard memberships for under-privleged children, sponsered a player and received absolutely nothing in return...Buy memberships every year whilst living overseas and getting no benefit whatsoever (no not even a cool fridge magnet). Does this sound like a group of people who have not yet joined up?

What people are doing are telling the club where they are going wrong for those not as passionate as others. And believe me, the club reads these boards.
You win Borgsta as I can not be bothered sitting on this post arguing about the club I have been a member for over 13 years so I do not think I am that new, and pay for 5 full memberships from Perth and do not get any benefits so I would say I have raised a fair amount of money for the Dogs over the years, but I am not sure you really love this club or just like being negative about them maybe it is time some of these supporters take a good look at themselves. Well done champ, remember we do support the same club.
Paid up 2008 Doggies member. Go Doggies

Some great passionate discussion on this thread, lets keep that spirit alive and bring it to the games this year people!!

Each of of can do our little bit, times are tough though so don't be quick to point the finger at your fellow supporter.

I'm paid up and proud after sitting on the fence for FAR too long.

Here's to our future!!

Good on you. I never bothered being a member until the dark year of 1989. We seriously need all the fence sitters to join up [if they can afford it].

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You win Borgsta as I can not be bothered sitting on this post arguing about the club I have been a member for over 13 years so I do not think I am that new, and pay for 5 full memberships from Perth and do not get any benefits so I would say I have raised a fair amount of money for the Dogs over the years, but I am not sure you really love this club or just like being negative about them maybe it is time some of these supporters take a good look at themselves. Well done champ, remember we do support the same club.
Paid up 2008 Doggies member. Go Doggies

Being new to the Bulldogs and being new to a board that is 100% separate from the Bulldogs and 2 entirely different things.

You make it sound like people here are not members simply because they are negative about aspects of the club. The club needs to know these things not for us but for people that sit on the fence and contemplate getting a membership.

Exactly we all support the same club and as such should be trying to help the club improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back