WTTF

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers, Hotspurs
Memeberships are way down compared to the same time last year. We were around 26,000 this time last year, but that was on the back of the Wizard Cup campaign and the fact that this season starts a week later.

Whichever way you look at it, we are still 7,000 less, which is a lot of people who have not signed up again.

7,000 @ $250 = $1.75m that is a lot of potential income given our current financial plight.

Will there be a rush come the first few rounds of the season or have people had enough and jumped off?

WTTF said:
Memeberships are way down compared to the same time last year. We were around 26,000 this time last year, but that was on the back of the Wizard Cup campaign and the fact that this season starts a week later.

Whichever way you look at it, we are still 7,000 less, which is a lot of people who have not signed up again.

7,000 @ $250 = $1.75m that is a lot of potential income given our current financial plight.

Will there be a rush come the first few rounds of the season or have people had enough and jumped off?

That's sad news really. Approximately 7,000 bandwagon supporters who jump on when everything is looking good (Wiz cup 2005), then jump off when the going get's tough! :(

A round one win is needed desperately, otherwise we may not get more than 23-24K members which would be devestating for the club.

If you haven't bought a membership for 2006, BUY ONE NOW!!!!!

I'll be a member for life no matter what happens.

Hopefully, if we can beat Melbourne a few will see the light.

The key is to win our first 2 - 3 opening games, then we'll be right.

sad to see such a major club in the AFL have under 20 000 members. All you so called blue fans, sign up now and stay a true blue.:thumbsu:

Even if we don't start with a few wins, if we're just competitive should see some of the members from last year sign up. Certainly the Wiz Cup win last year was a huge bonus to our membership.

I must say though, I find it hard to imagine that people will purchase memberships depending on how the team is going. Given that the club has provided us supporters with so much success over the years, I would have thought that now is the time to stick by the club and "say thanks" for all of that success. I've been a memner since 1994 and will be until the day i die.

HugeBluesFan said:
Even if we don't start with a few wins, if we're just competitive should see some of the members from last year sign up. Certainly the Wiz Cup win last year was a huge bonus to our membership.

I must say though, I find it hard to imagine that people will purchase memberships depending on how the team is going. Given that the club has provided us supporters with so much success over the years, I would have thought that now is the time to stick by the club and "say thanks" for all of that success. I've been a memner since 1994 and will be until the day i die.

Memberships are sold up to end of June or very close to it. We were flying this time last year due to the Wizz Fizz cup win but after we were 10 losses 2 wins and 1 draw by the time membership closed. So no real pick up once the real season started.

This year we have a very good draw in the rounds 4 to 7 when we get Coll, Ess, Hawks and Richmond. 2 wins there and a win over Melb or Sydney in Victoria (unlikely but some chance of 1 of those) and we get a pretty decnt pick up in membership I would say.

3 wins and 4 losses by round 7 and competitive means we get over 30k membership for 2006. 1 or 2 wins and a few thrashings and we do not.
I think those rounds 4 to 7 amd a good showing in the first 3 weeks to pinch a win and be competitve will decide our whole year. A disaster there means the sppon and not enough player development and the life sucked out of the kids for 2006.
A few wins and competitivess early on in the first 7 rounds means we likely avoid the spoon and get more confidence and the speed of development on the kids goes up.

You cannot be too hard on members after last years showing onfield by the team, shorly. Don't forget these are the same people that over the last 3 years have helped CFC hit record membership figures.

Bit of endevour, fight and passion will make all the difference.

I always wait to buy my membership untill the last week before the season starts. I'm sure there are plenty of others who do the same. Lets hope so anyway.

SurreyBlue said:
You cannot be too hard on members after last years showing onfield by the team, shorly. Don't forget these are the same people that over the last 3 years have helped CFC hit record membership figures.

What annoys me the most in people take out memberships when the team is travelling well and when they start to struggle, they jump off that quick. I'm proud to say that I will stick through the tough times with the Mighty Bluebaggers and when success finally does come, it makes it all the more sweeter.

Obviously loyal member arent worried about the money, but perhaps the club should offer discounts for those who have had continuous membership for a certain number of years ie 10 per cent off for 10 years plus and so on

MrNicholas said:
Obviously loyal member arent worried about the money, but perhaps the club should offer discounts for those who have had continuous membership for a certain number of years ie 10 per cent off for 10 years plus and so on

Good idea, but probably could do that when they get the finances in order.

SurreyBlue said:

Signed up yet Surrey?;)

It's not about loyalty anymore, so forget the guilt trip bs about you sticking through tough times etc. Lots of people have stuck through thick and thin and it's not through disloyalty that they are now deciding not to renew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HugeBluesFan said:
What annoys me the most in people take out memberships when the team is travelling well and when they start to struggle, they jump off that quick. I'm proud to say that I will stick through the tough times with the Mighty Bluebaggers and when success finally does come, it makes it all the more sweeter.

How can you call members who signed up for record membership figures over the past 3 years, unloyal/fairweather supporters?:confused:

Sorry mate my point is that these supporters paid their dues during the hard times and most are still paying now. With the type of performances our club put in both off and on, you cannot expect it to continue without consequences.

I get a social club membership every year, there is no point only jumping on the wagon when we are good. The way I see it if I go to every game of every year that we are crap, suddenly when we start getting good it will be much sweeter.....

Club needs to lift its game a bit though i have been a social club member for over 20years. I live in Bendigo 100 miles from the club i paid up on 10th of march 14 days later i still have not recived my membership pack. on a call to the club today the reply was you dont need your membership untill round 3 anyway but it should come next week if not give us a ring mid week . where has that great pro club of the golden days gone 1 club which every aposing clubs supporters dreamed to support on and off the field. must keep the faith and support this group of young blues will be there at the dome next week.( won't have my 2006 members cap on though)
the reserrection has begun.(2006)

SurreyBlue said:
Does it really matter whether I have or not?:rolleyes:
\

But Surrey... youre just a fairweather supporter without much nouse..

Who cares if Surrey gives the club his 300 pension discount membership.(invalid)... when youre down Surrey isnt goimng to make any difference...

SurreyBlue said:
How can you call members who signed up for record membership figures over the past 3 years, unloyal/fairweather supporters?:confused:

Sorry mate my point is that these supporters paid their dues during the hard times and most are still paying now. With the type of performances our club put in both off and on, you cannot expect it to continue without consequences.

True that. When people started signing up back in 2003 onwards they believed in their cause. Heck, what Carlton supporter wasn't sympathetic to our situation? We were just rorted by the AFL! - Speaking in past pretense.

And after taking our medicine, moving grounds, and digging deep, it looked like we were heading in the right direction..... until 2005..

Right back to square 1. Major kick in the guts. Having said that, I don't think things will stay this bleak for much longer. Until better times though, we supporters, whether we like it or not, are relied on by the footy club. The bitter truth is, Carlton's future may be determined by their supporter's loyalty.

SurreyBlue said:

As a club, we are struggling, both on and off the field. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once the on field performances start to lift, so do the off field performances.

I just can't see the point of signing up for a couple of years either when the club really needs you (after the fines for salary cap rorting) or when we are travelling ok, and then turn around and say that i'm not signing up becuase the club is struggling.

TheHeatleyStand said:
\

But Surrey... youre just a fairweather supporter without much nouse..

Who cares if Surrey gives the club his 300 pension discount membership.(invalid)... when youre down Surrey isnt goimng to make any difference...

Like I said ... whether I have or haven't signed up, has nothing to do with imbeciles like you.:mad: I have supported my club for over 25 years both financially and emotionally and will continue to do as I please. Fairweather supporters are people like yourself who change their minds in a flash like the wind and decide to cause riots with a blink of an eye.:rolleyes:

Generally speaking, supporters don't get value for money from either the membership ticket or the club. Facts that idiots like you cannot understand. So members will not sign up this year.

Now just to make you look like a moron even more .... I HAVE ONCE AGAIN SIGNED UP .... but like I said, I don't care what pensioners like you think.

Please take your road running attitude back to TC where it belongs and rally the sheep behind your cause there.

By the way, what's this weeks ajenda? We should have moved to the MCG instead of TD. That would just about make me laugh at your brilliance.

And while I'm on a roll, one more thing "Bullyboy"..... unlike you, us fair weather supporters are actually tipping our team to make the eight and encourage our players to play positive, motivated, winning football.

We don't encourage mediocrity and draft picks.

I've just joined up again today, as someone else mentioned I usually join up the week before the first game of the season, so hopefully a few others do the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership only 19,133 @ 17 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Back