Men of Mayhem, Chaos Quarters, or something else?

Remove this Banner Ad

spokey

Debutant
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven't been watching Sydney very closely this season so I don't have a lot of ability to gauge what will be the best way to get the win next weekend. I am sure there will be some statistical analysis of the upcoming confrontation this week and look forward to reading it. This is more about what you expect to see, what you want to see and would be willing to see the boys do to get the flag.

Last night we saw Men of Mayhem(MoM) in full swing. They were tough, locked it into the forward 50 and were rewarded with a win. They also targeted some flogs in the opposition who really lost composure and couldn't keep focus on their jobs (lolshaw). This gave our forwards some extra opportunities and we really took advantage of it. It was a really hard ****ing slog getting through that for 4 q's and you could see plenty of players looking like they were running in mud by the end. This made it so at the end we could pinch it because, simply we wanted it more. This might work but how much is left in the tank? Sydney had a pretty easy 2nd half on Friday and could be fresher and run out the game better. I would like to see this for 4 quarters. I want us to focus on our game and just go out there and smash the shit out of them.

Chaos Quarters would be a little like MoM but more tempoed. If would let us keep a little in the tank if we need for the last minutes (if close) and like MoM would be very damaging if used well. The problem here is we need to be accurate with every opportunity in front of goals, we need to score lots, something we have not been very good at this year. Then tone it down and rely on our team defense to keep their score manageable? We can play grinds like this and it may go to our advantage.

I also saw that the Sydney players had a bit of a sook about GWS's tactics last time they met and was wondering who is a bit fragile? Who will Libba (etc.) target to see if they get rattled? Will we be happy if we just smash a few heads? (Nothing to lose there except in a moral sense) Would you be ok (or cheer it?) with a couple of stray biffs (like GWS) last night?

Lots of questions from me, not sure where I stand with a lot of them.
Thanks for reading.

If we convert most of our F50 entries into goals, we win.
If we do not, we probably lose.

We went too close for comfort against GWS, because we weren't as good at converting F50 entries that night compared to the EF or the 3rd quarter of the SF.

If we convert most of our f50 entries to goals we will score over 200 points. No doubt effeciency is the key.

If we convert most of our f50 entries to goals we will score over 200 points. No doubt effeciency is the key.

The pace that men of mayhem goes at makes our scoring less than efficient though. The first q of all three matches has been the same, loads of entries and loads of misses/dropped marks or turnovers. That is what is really damaging us in the first quarters. That can't all be put down to nerves, although some can. The ball is really just pinging around there and we are lucky to be really fast with hands and eyes to keep the pressure on. Later on through the exhausting effort required for it to work we find we are inefficient because we are so tired.

I also don't think we are going to get the jump on Sydney or shock them like we did in the first 2 finals matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Men of Mayhem, Chaos Quarters, or something else?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back