Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we're only at the half-way mark of the season, there seems to be a lot of interest in possible delistings and recruiting of players from other clubs.
Here is the place to post all of that. Do not start new threads on 'Slattery should be delisted', or 'Trade Monfries while he still has value'. Put them in here.

Players we would want from other clubs?

Hey guys, it's been a while since the Bombers have done some trading for players from other teams, our list is packed full of youngsters that are ready to bloom under Knights game plan. I just thought that next years draft picks could possibly be used for picking up more players in that 23-25 age group that would suit our kamikaze game style. We also have a fair chunk of space in the salary cap as well as some well paid big guns potentially retiring soon.

I was thinking we probably needed another decent tall Midfielder, and maybe a small defensive backman.

Who are we thinkin'?

I will get the ball running and say Jared Brennan from the Brisbane FC. I never understood why we keep having a dig at rishetelli when we could try this chap.
I think that you can tell he is a beast on a leash, he is played in a very defensive side that does not have steady flow, I think that his different way of carrying the ball (in one hand) says that he wants to do some tricky stuff but he does not get the opportunity due to Brisbane being boring:D.

Re: Players we would want from other clubs?

We tried very hard to get Brennan, he was basically putting pen to paper then decided to stay a Lion (they wouldn't trade him to us I believe after the Mal saga).

I think we should make a hard attempt to get Armitage from Saints, I know he's in the young age group but the kid can play and why Saints are not playing him is beyond me, seeing as Gwilt manages to get a game every week.

I will get the ball running and say Jared Brennan from the Brisbane FC. I never understood why we keep having a dig at rishetelli when we could try this chap.

We actually made a play for him at the end of last season. He went close I think, but chose to stay in Brisbane in the end.

And we picked up Prismall, remember!

I honestly don't think we need to look at trading unless it's good value. We'd be wanting players no older than 26 I'd say, and ones that are first 22 players, not on the fringes. We have enough fringe talent as it is.

In that regard we're unlikely to be able to pick up many that fit where we are going. Brennan would be great, I was disappointed we didn't get him, but apart from him there aren't a lot going around that would be up for a move and we'd want.

I was of the belief it was at the end of 2007 before his breakout year. We offered pick 23, he knocks it back and has his best year yet. I believe we did something similar with Stevie J at the end of 2006 and right now him at Essendon would be so helpful.

Would we be interested in a player like Ryan Gamble? Or is he too similar to what we have already. Medium sized midfielder/forward that yet again can't break into a cats midfield/half forward line that includes Stevie J, Gazza, Chapman, Bartel etc...

A CHF or FF. Look at our list, we're seeing our 3rd/4th/5th string rucks, our midfield is decimated, so's the backline: and we're coming up alright.
Only problem is forward line, and we're really only missing 1 guy from injury there (Gumby). This is where we need bolstering, if anywhere (I don't think it does)

B-Bomber, I think Gamble is a good one to look at.

Armitage at St Kilda can't get a crack because of their depth in the middle, Gold Coast might be an option for him, but I think we should have a crack.

Would Armitage be much of a step up from any of our first midfield?
I reckon our depth is as good as theirs. And I don't think he's better than most of the names we've got out (McVeigh/Welsh/Reimers/Pris)

I think he'll develop into a better player than Welsh and probably Hocking (although he has some improvement in him.

When McVeigh and Welsh are gone, Armitage would be in his prime.

Not suggesting we should throw the sink at him, but he'd be worth having a look at.

I think he'll develop into a better player than Welsh and probably Hocking (although he has some improvement in him.

When McVeigh and Welsh are gone, Armitage would be in his prime.

Not suggesting we should throw the sink at him, but he'd be worth having a look at.
Fair enough. Just not sold on a compelling need as yet.
A mid-sized or big forward would be nice though although probably not compelling yet either, with Lloyd/Neagle looking the goods for the short term.

I keep wondering if Laycock will end up at full-forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Kerr, get the three west coast premiership midfield back in victoria. Carlton can have Judd, imagine if we had Kerr.

Brett Peake from Freo. Very very fast tall midfielder or medium forward. Would suit us great.....i would give away a 2nd round pick for him

Imagine if the orginal Lovett - O'Keefe deal went through last year. Would we be better off?

I was of the belief it was at the end of 2007 before his breakout year. We offered pick 23, he knocks it back and has his best year yet. I believe we did something similar with Stevie J at the end of 2006 and right now him at Essendon would be so helpful.

Essendon had a look at Stevie J but in the end decided against making a play due to past injury concerns and attitute problems.

Essendon had a look at Stevie J but in the end decided against making a play due to past injury concerns and attitute problems.

Must have been good old Doc Reid putting his snout into that decison.

Must have been good old Doc Reid putting his snout into that decison.

Not sure about that but it's easy to look at thing's in hindsite.

Prior to 2007 Johnson was a walking timebomb both on and off the field.

Even Nostradamus would have struggled to predict the transformation from him.

I think Ben McKinley from the Eagles would be a good foward option. He was a big bombers fan growing up, and is only about 22-23.

Spot on: what essendon need are half forward flank players with a big engine, like r.murphy and o'keefe.

the only guys i would be willing to give up players for are mckinnley and j.kennedy from west coast...

would love one of these guys on our half forward line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back