Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Players we would want from other clubs?

Argh, I don't want Jack Reiwoldt, he went to school with one of my mates, apparently he spent most of year 12 crying and being beaten up, Reimers' angry aura would kill him.

I dunno why but the first person I thought of was Geelong's Lonergan. He'd be our Mark Williams/Daniel Bradshaw (of Lions' domination era)/Nathan Brown type player, if (if if if!) Neagle/Gumby come along as planned. But then maybe even Still could play such a role, but that's a big maybe.

If a forward's not the cheese than maybe a psycho defender of the Solomon/M. Johnson mould (and it would probably be easier to find a good flexible backman like that and then make them psycho -- dogs in pits, various kinds of abuse, sleep deprivation, unhygienic conditions etc (though I hear Collingwood tried a similar experiment in the 70s and all they got out of it was a Cheer Squad)).

So Lonergan for me, but I clearly don't have a clue.

I dunno why but the first person I thought of was Geelong's Lonergan. He'd be our Mark Williams/Daniel Bradshaw (of Lions' domination era)/Nathan Brown type player, if (if if if!) Neagle/Gumby come along as planned. But then maybe even Still could play such a role, but that's a big maybe.

If a forward's not the cheese than maybe a psycho defender of the Solomon/M. Johnson mould (and it would probably be easier to find a good flexible backman like that and then make them psycho -- dogs in pits, various kinds of abuse, sleep deprivation, unhygienic conditions etc (though I hear Collingwood tried a similar experiment in the 70s and all they got out of it was a Cheer Squad)).

So Lonergan for me, but I clearly don't have a clue.

T. Lonergan is a hack.

Brad Dalziell
Josh Kennedy
Joel Patfull
Josh Drummond
Cyril Rioli

If we trade I'd rather it was for a younger player who would be on our list for a number of years.

The only exception would be Pavlich, who we would be foolish to overlook...
although now that Neagle's showing some form?

I think it had more to do with your mate PJ putting his foot down and not allowing Sheedy to draft any recycled players with questionable attitudes.

We didn't do any medical testing.

No, you can blame Sheedy, Dud oro and Doc Reid, a very potent poison at the time. PJ has talent in many areas, but when it comes to reading medical reports and x -rays, thats why they pay good old Doc Reid his out of pockets. If the Doc had done the full medical test, who knows, Stevie J might be wearing red and black.

And then we could talk about Ty Zantuck....

Can definitely see the argument for a McKinley or Gamble type pick up. One of the big issues in recent years is that we're only getting goals from the bigger guys, a guy that's mobile enough to play alongside the big guys and kick 30+ would make us a far more intimidating unit up forward.

As for picking up running players, I think they'd have to come very cheap. We're loaded in those positions.

No, you can blame Sheedy

No, I can't.

Sheedy and Dodoro wanted him.

Jackson over-ruled.

Doc Reid is redundant. We didn't do a medical test. Geelong and Collingwood did and it was based on those tests that Geelong wanted to get rid of him and Collingwood didn't want him.

Sheedy was told that we were to use all our draft picks. Happy to have a crack at him when it's deserved and he did make mistakes, but not drafting Steve Johnson wasn't one of them. He had no choice in the matter.

I tried spruiking this idea last year, but I reckon someone like Jacob Surjan (Port) would slot in nicely into our team as the small defender. Tough as nails, aggressive, strong tackler, explosive pace, can play as a tagger or even on the ball and has the ability to win his own contested ball. Skills aren't the best but I've seen worse. And he is about 22-23 so would slot in nicely with the current mob. Has been good this year for Port, but if he drops off and others come in to take his spot (Port have massive depth in small defenders) then his trade value could come down and we could steal him.

I am serious when I say this, I think Tambling would FINALLY relish with Essendon's game plan he lacks confidence, Knights could get a hobo to hump Eva Longoria, he is an amazing motivator.

But could he get Eva Longoria to hump a hobo? That is the question.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But could he get Eva Longoria to hump a hobo? That is the question.:D

what i was thinking...

if we got SJ back in 06, we would have needed brownless to still shelter him and set him straight. he deserves to be the mayor of geelong for what he did with SJ. perhaps the afl should consult him on it...

i was thinking Harris from the roos earlier in the year, but our midfield has come on nicely.

a couple of talls that can play mid and forward would be nice.
Gambe would be great, but considering he is showing more than Mooney and Hawkins, cats would be loathe to give him up i would think.
Tambling is an interesting prospect as well.

I agree with the notion we need a tough mid-sized defender that has a fair dose of Runt in him.

Someone like Tyson Slattery maybe?

i would love to get mckinley and we should try and get priddis
Priddis?
Would love to hear the reasoning:
He's not improving
Not a good kick
Not fast & doesn't kick goals
I struggle to see how we'd fit him in to the present side, let alone in front of the 3 or 4 good midfielders we have out.

But McKinley/Gamble, someone of that type would be good. The question being how much of a step up are they from McPhee/Welsh/NLM as half-forwards.

or Stevie "PF 30+" Johnson...

Michael Firrito.

Perfect age, size and experience for us.

Would be handy as an extra defender or midfielder. His size will be perfect to shield some of our quicker guys.

I'd go for that.
we need someone who makes people hear footsteps imo and will protect the younger/smaller blokes coming through over the next couple of years.

not unlike a dimma/solly-type

I wouldnt mind seeing aaron davey join his brother in red and black but thats pretty unlikely.

I wouldnt mind seeing aaron davey join his brother in red and black but thats pretty unlikely.

We tried to get yours last season but the little bastard stayed loyal to the Bombers.

Get with the program Alwyn, players aren't supposed to be loyal these days, they're supposed to be Chris Judd type whores.

May as well try though anything's possible (although I hope it would be impossible).

Tyson Slattery? :confused:

Are you already convinced he's going to be a 200 gamer without a senior game yet?

No, of course not.

But I think that type of player isn't one worth trading for and I think you can find them in the draft.

Although the Solly deal worked out well for us, if you went back and thought of the role he played when we were finalists, you'd think he was worth more than that. We're obviously wanting that sort of player at their peak, not when they're past it.

I also think those players develop quicker. Think Solly, think MJ, think Welsh.

I think we've got a capable one on our list in Slattery and I think Pears has a bit of that in him too. Be just as happy for us to try and find one in the draft.

I'd love Andrew Mackie in the Red and Black, although that would be extremely unlikely to happen.

Mackie seems to make a lot of skill errors but he also has great upside. Maybe his errors only stand out because he's playing alongside the most skillful team in the universe... not sure.

taylor hawkins, pavlich or j.riewoldt

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA noooooo thankyou

I wouldn't be unhappy with Birchall or Clinton Young.

no-one would be unhappy.

i would love to get mckinley and we should try and get priddis

Priddis no, cant kick... jobe watson type player but watson 2x better

As silly as it could sound, I would not mind getting Tambling in a trade. A change of scenery for him could benefit all parties involved. He is very talented, and I would be tempted to try and lure him over to the bombers.

TAMBLING JOIN US PLEASEEEE :)

Deledio and tambling for Nash/2nd round/3rd round

Michael Firrito.

Perfect age, size and experience for us.

Would be handy as an extra defender or midfielder. His size will be perfect to shield some of our quicker guys.

YES YES YES (Y)

Brett Peake from Freo. Very very fast tall midfielder or medium forward. Would suit us great.....i would give away a 2nd round pick for him

i rate peake, hes improving.... but 2nd round pick ... no thanks

I'd go and barrack for Collingwood if we ever picked up Peake.
Let alone get him in exchange for a second round pick. :eek:

thats just shittalk..... peake would suit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back