Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that Essendon supporters rate McKinley.

I would take either Mitch Brown or Ebert at the drop of a hat.

I don't rate him as a gun, but he has potential. Also if we were to trade Jetta we wouldn't get Brown or Ebert so I don't know why you bought them up in the context of my post and the post I was quoting.

I'd grab McKinley just so I could trade Monfries. They are both slow for small forwards but McKinley is a much better mark and his kicking skills are far more polished. The question mark over McKinley is his work rate and if he is willing to improve it, and also if he can contribute meaningfully when he isn't the primary forward target. But I easily take that gamble.

For what it's worth Brown and Ebert are better players, but I was thinking realistic trades and the Eagles won't be looking to trade either of them, in fact I believe Brown signed a contract extension just recently.

I don't rate him as a gun, but he has potential. Also if we were to trade Jetta we wouldn't get Brown or Ebert so I don't know why you bought them up in the context of my post and the post I was quoting.

I'd grab McKinley just so I could trade Monfries. They are both slow for small forwards but McKinley is a much better mark and his kicking skills are far more polished. The question mark over McKinley is his work rate and if he is willing to improve it, and also if he can contribute meaningfully when he isn't the primary forward target. But I easily take that gamble.

For what it's worth Brown and Ebert are better players, but I was thinking realistic trades and the Eagles won't be looking to trade either of them, in fact I believe Brown signed a contract extension just recently.

As you can see, McKinley has been dropped again.

I have mentioned several times that he was lucky against Essendon and I have been proven correct.

Mckinlay cant get a game in one of the weaker forward lines in the AFL.

I would much rather consider Mitch Thorp !

I have mentioned several times that he was lucky against Essendon and I have been proven correct.

I'm not one that is judging him only from his game against us. His marking & goal-kicking attributes were on show way before being recruited to the Eagles. Has potential, but might need a change of scenery and some extra opportunites to start reaching those heights.

I'm not one that is judging him only from his game against us. His marking & goal-kicking attributes were on show way before being recruited to the Eagles. Has potential, but might need a change of scenery and some extra opportunites to start reaching those heights.

I will allow other posters on this board to continue their delusions with McKinlay.

I would much rather consider Mitch Thorp !

Well so would I, but I was responding to a WC supporter who wanted Jetta. I simply pointed out that I'd happily do it for McKinley. I don't think Jetta will make it at Essendon and a change of scenery may help him, so I'd be happy to take a risk with McKinley as I doubt Jetta is worth a massive amount at the trade table.

Well so would I, but I was responding to a WC supporter who wanted Jetta. I simply pointed out that I'd happily do it for McKinley. I don't think Jetta will make it at Essendon and a change of scenery may help him, so I'd be happy to take a risk with McKinley as I doubt Jetta is worth a massive amount at the trade table.

Hawthorn have a good opinion of Jetta.

A swap for Thorp ?

Anyone believing we could get Goldstein or Mumford need to think again. Both are good young prospects who if they wanted out would want to go to a team with a ruck deficiency. They'd take one look at Essendon, and say if Hille & Ryder are on the park next year, I'm in the magoos. Thanks but no thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have a good opinion of Jetta.

A swap for Thorp ?

Don't like it.

1. Besides being a top draft pick Thorp has done exactly zero at AFL level. I have a real question mark on some of the Tasmanian recruits. It seems they perform well at under age level but struggle in the big time.

2. Aboriginal players generally take time. Its very rare to see a young aboriginal player step up to AFL level almost immediately (Cyrol Rioli being the exception). Guys like Davis, Lovett, Bateman, Hayden had about 5 years in the system before they started showing something. We are only just starting to see Tamblings potential. IMO Jetta is defintely worth persisting with and I reckon we will see his real ability in 2011.
Note : For some reason this theory only holds up for the midfielders. The KPP seem to be a bit more precocious which is upside down from what normally happens.

Anyone believing we could get Goldstein or Mumford need to think again. Both are good young prospects who if they wanted out would want to go to a team with a ruck deficiency. They'd take one look at Essendon, and say if Hille & Ryder are on the park next year, I'm in the magoos. Thanks but no thanks.

Why is that, do you know something that we dont, Hille will be coming off a knee reconstruction, and he may never recapture that form from last year (2008) that saw him win our B&F, but he could still be used largely as a forward, as most people on here are beginning to have some doubts creep into their minds over Neagle & Gumbelton making it as forwards, so; easily fixed, settle Hille forward, leaving Ryder as our main man, and then another backup ruckmen as our second ruck, Hille could then play a David Hale type role, become a third tall ruck, if required.

Just an observation, thats all, I think i may have been the one who has suggested them both, and to be honest, i think we could seriously go after one of them, as hille is what 28 y.o, so he is starting to wind down, and may get to a stage in the near future where he will not play every week, so that will then leave us with another question, where will this leave Laycock at years end? If Laycock goes, IMO, we will need another mature aged ruckmen, with all this talk of Thorpe or Dowler from Hawthron, what about Max Bailey, made a very impressionable return to footy on the w.e in Box Hills upset victory on Saturday, and was one of the best on ground, obvisouyl the Hawks would nopt give him up easily. but could we then look at a Brent Renouf, or a Robert Campbell from them, just exploring all out avenues if Laucock does not ever come good!

Find it interesting that people are prepared to put Jetta's name on the trade table but there have been no mentions of Houli.

Both were taken in the same draft and so far I would say that Leroy has shown more than Bachar at AFL level playing in a more difficult position.

FWIW I wouldn't be looking to trade either, but just find it interesting that Leroy seems to be the scapegoat.

Don't like it.

1. Besides being a top draft pick Thorp has done exactly zero at AFL level. I have a real question mark on some of the Tasmanian recruits. It seems they perform well at under age level but struggle in the big time.

2. Aboriginal players generally take time. Its very rare to see a young aboriginal player step up to AFL level almost immediately (Cyrol Rioli being the exception). Guys like Davis, Lovett, Bateman, Hayden had about 5 years in the system before they started showing something. We are only just starting to see Tamblings potential. IMO Jetta is defintely worth persisting with and I reckon we will see his real ability in 2011.
Note : For some reason this theory only holds up for the midfielders. The KPP seem to be a bit more precocious which is upside down from what normally happens.

Very good call, the indigenous boys often take a little while longer. Jetta has enough weapons for us all to show some patience.

Find it interesting that people are prepared to put Jetta's name on the trade table but there have been no mentions of Houli.

Both were taken in the same draft and so far I would say that Leroy has shown more than Bachar at AFL level playing in a more difficult position.

FWIW I wouldn't be looking to trade either, but just find it interesting that Leroy seems to be the scapegoat.

I'm pretty sure that I threw up Houli's name a few pages back in relation to trading for Thorp.

FWIW I'd be looking to trade both of them for the right deals. An early second round pick for each? Heh, maybe I'm a little too optimistic (or a lot).

I'm pretty sure that I threw up Houli's name a few pages back in relation to trading for Thorp.

FWIW I'd be looking to trade both of them for the right deals. An early second round pick for each? Heh, maybe I'm a little too optimistic (or a lot).

I can't see us getting that for them. Nonetheless I think we should stick with both. We don't need any more picks, we need to develop the talent that we have. The only time I would look at a trade is for a top class player who could be the difference between a premiership and a preliminary final.

But we aren't at that point yet.

I can't see us getting that for them. Nonetheless I think we should stick with both. We don't need any more picks, we need to develop the talent that we have. The only time I would look at a trade is for a top class player who could be the difference between a premiership and a preliminary final.

I agree 100%.

c-l-i-n-t-o-n y-o-u-n-g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back