Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit? :D

What I was getting at is, not many teams including the top teams have two small lock-down defenders. For the record, I was a supporter who was on Slattery's back but now I firmly believe he is doing a very good job in that role. With that in mind, I see no reason to add another to the team unless we're just picking best available in the last round of the draft.

Is there any chance we could make a play for Jesse Smith at years end? A change of environment could do him well...

I reckon a new pair of legs could do him well also.
As injury prone as our man, Gumby.

Well almost.

I would think so, is on our rookie list and this was his first season with us I believe.

Is there any chance we could make a play for Jesse Smith at years end? A change of environment could do him well...

I don't care how injury prone you are, there's always a spot on the list for someone as talented as he is.

I'd rather take a chance at getting J.Smith right than whoever is our 38th best player, don't think North would want to give up now but.

I don't care how injury prone you are, there's always a spot on the list for someone as talented as he is.

I'd rather take a chance at getting J.Smith right than whoever is our 38th best player, don't think North would want to give up now but.
Would love him on our list. I have no doubt if he could stay injury-free and get a season into his legs, he'd be in the top few back flankers in the league.

I'd actually give up a reasonable amount for Smith, even though he seems to be perennially injured. He is a fantastic talent, if we got in his ear and said we would put money and resources into getting his body right but would compensate North reasonably well we might (on the outside chance) be able to get him to request a trade. Forget about HBF, if we could get his legs right he would be an A grade midfielder in a couple of years IMO.

We should be offering Nash up for a trade - possibly to one of the Adelaide teams. I think there is some mixed feelings about him, but I think that someone might have a crack at him. I'd be happy to get a hold of Reilly - I've always thought that he looks like a natural footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Smith injured his hamstring playing for North Ballarat Reserves last weekend !

Will probabbly miss the remaining six weeks.

Yeah, but if the club actually wanted to attempt to trade for him that would be a good thing. Drives his value down and would also help them argue the new club angle, different medical staff and a change of scenery etc to him as he would have to want to move. We already know he is injury prone so that isn't a surprise or deal breaker, just a matter of if you want to take the risk. I would for quality like him, but I doubt the club would.

He comes out of contract at years end. We should be trying to get him onto our list come trade week. He could seriously benefit at a club like Essendon, because lets face it, we have facilities that North Melbourne simply cannot afford.

He comes out of contract at years end. We should be trying to get him onto our list come trade week. He could seriously benefit at a club like Essendon, because lets face it, we have facilities that North Melbourne simply cannot afford.
Thats what they'l be saying about us in a couple of months time.

with a shallow talent pool in this year's draft i'd be willing to trade jay nash and a combination of draft picks for jesse smith (if medical tests showed some positives) but wouldn't be trading away r1 or r2 pick.

Jay Nash + our 2nd round pick

for

Jesse Smith + NM 4th round pick?

Swap our 2nd with our 3rd and we have a deal. I do not want to give up our first two picks this year unless it is for an out and out gun. Prismall only got a 3rd rounder.

Jay Nash + our 2nd round pick

for

Jesse Smith + NM 4th round pick?

That is a rubbish deal for North, I know he is injury prone but has huge potential, Nash is a list clogger, 2nd round for Smith and we have a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back