Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This proves that you know little about footy.

So you have named 2 second year rucks who are ahead of Bellchambers - And there are 12 to 15 ruckman selected in each draft.

I rate McEvoy a bit ahead of Bellchambers, but McEvoy was a number 8 selection in the draft.

So by my reckoning Bellchambers is travelling OK.

And dont forget that we have Hille coming back from an ACL and Laycock may never recover from his injuries.

So we could end up with 3 rucks on the primary list with 2 who are doubtful.

And dont forget that Bock is at least 2 or 3 years away from Senior Planning.

Great List Planning on your behalf.

Please explain how you've managed to prove anything? What is the point of having a ruckman on the main list that provides us with nothing when he is needed to fill in? If the blokes injured now dont recover he gets elevated, pretty simple. Where did you pull 12-15 rucks taken in each draft from? Have a look at the draft list and see how many you find. Bock will not make it. You can quote me on this for years to come. Why did Knights start with Hooker in the ruck ahead of Bellchambers?

I think that the drafting system has been geared towards picking up junior players and trying to develop them into the players we want. I think for ruckmen, there should be a fair argument to rookie list them and have them play senior football until they are 23+ before elevating them to your list, unless they are obviously talented like the Kreuzers, Ryders and Clarks of the worlds.

I think that blokes like Mumford and Hudson are perfectly suited to a 2nd ruck position and have been picked relatively cheaply by their original recruiting clubs. There is a guy call Cranston in the SANFL that consistently hands the upcoming ruckmen for the Power and Crows a football lesson who is very much in the mould of a Hudson. His time has probably past now, but he would have been a good addition to a side a few years ago. Instead, this year we've seen a lot of under developed ruckmen running around doing some pretty ordinary jobs. Bellchambers (although I think he will be alright in time), Spencer, Jacobs and Zac Clarke are just a couple of examples.

The successes of Anthony, Nahas and Dalziell may also have an affect on changing the way we draft players in the future, particularly given the compromised drafts coming up.

Lemon Chicken, What are your thoughts on Brad Moran,a 22 year old, 200cm, 88kg ruckmen/utility from the Adelaide Crows, seen him play a few times now and I really like the way he goes about it, is able to play at both ends, is a strong ruckmen who follows up on his ruckwork, is a strong mark and good set shot for goal when playing up forward, only problem is he can go missing in games, and is a little inconsistent, was originally recruited by North Melbourne, and was then on traded to Adelaide where he has played in a variety of positions.

I really like the way he goes about it, and the way you have spoken about our ruckmen (Bock, Bellchambers, Laycock) makes it sound like you think we will be in dire strays in 2 - 3 years time, what are your thoughts on our ruck situation at the moment? and what would you like us to do about this? recruiting? trading? etc.

thanks HF_07 :thumbsu:

Doesnt win hitouts, marks on his chest, slow co-ordination, he's 19 alreday and it would take 5 years for him to get a body that is able to compete.

Fair enough. I assume you've watched him play a few times then. I can't really comment, as all I've seen is videos. I did think he had good tap skills and footy skills in general. What do others who've seen him play up close think?

Personally id like to see us go after a small lock down defender, any thoughts on someone such as Tom Logan from Port? or anyother small defender suggestions?

Jacob Surjan is a much better option than the forementioned Tom Logan, IMO, I wouldnt mind David Johnson from the Cats, a seasoned player who has the skills and know how to play in defence, could be a good addition to us and something that may not cost an arm and a leg.

Jacob Surjan is a much better option than the forementioned Tom Logan, IMO, I wouldnt mind David Johnson from the Cats, a seasoned player who has the skills and know how to play in defence, could be a good addition to us and something that may not cost an arm and a leg.

Yeah i thought so too HFF on Surjan, Have watched Logan quite a few times recently and also been reading the PA board and noticed that the main criticism of him is that he doesn't gather enough posession but great at tagging/lockdown roles. Agree on Johnson

Yeah i thought so too HFF on Surjan, Have watched Logan quite a few times recently and also been reading the PA board and noticed that the main criticism of him is that he doesn't gather enough posession but great at tagging/lockdown roles. Agree on Johnson

Just some stats on Logan, I see what you mean in terms of being a low stat getter:

His highest possesion games have been:

23 V Fremantle
20 V North Melbourne
18 V Fremantle & Western Bulldogs,

so may not want him at the bombers, especially with our high disposal count, although he does use it well (78% -> www.superstats.herladsun.com.au) but i doubt we need another Henry Slattery.

Please explain how you've managed to prove anything? What is the point of having a ruckman on the main list that provides us with nothing when he is needed to fill in? If the blokes injured now dont recover he gets elevated, pretty simple. Where did you pull 12-15 rucks taken in each draft from? Have a look at the draft list and see how many you find. Bock will not make it. You can quote me on this for years to come. Why did Knights start with Hooker in the ruck ahead of Bellchambers?

I have managed to prove that in most cases second year ruckman have little or no impact on games.

Following your logic clubs should delist all second year ruckman on their lists, except for Kreuzer and McEvoy.

I checked the 2007 ND and Rookie Draft and 12 Ruckman were selected.

Names like

Putt
Dawson Simpson
Trent Zomer
Jake Orreal

Except for Kreuzer, Bellchambers and McEvoy, the others have seen little or no senior action.

You cant be throwing out ruckman after 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemon Chicken, What are your thoughts on Brad Moran,a 22 year old, 200cm, 88kg ruckmen/utility from the Adelaide Crows, seen him play a few times now and I really like the way he goes about it, is able to play at both ends, is a strong ruckmen who follows up on his ruckwork, is a strong mark and good set shot for goal when playing up forward, only problem is he can go missing in games, and is a little inconsistent, was originally recruited by North Melbourne, and was then on traded to Adelaide where he has played in a variety of positions.

I really like the way he goes about it, and the way you have spoken about our ruckmen (Bock, Bellchambers, Laycock) makes it sound like you think we will be in dire strays in 2 - 3 years time, what are your thoughts on our ruck situation at the moment? and what would you like us to do about this? recruiting? trading? etc.

thanks HF_07 :thumbsu:

Ive barely seen Moran so I wouldnt know. Ruckman are changing, the less mobile ones are in trouble unless they are a genuine star. I would like to think a ruckman would be high on our list come this draft.

I checked the 2007 ND and Rookie Draft and 12 Ruckman were selected.

Names like

Putt
Dawson Simpson
Trent Zomer
Jake Orreal

Except for Kreuzer, Bellchambers and McEvoy, the others have seen little or no senior action.

You cant be throwing out ruckman after 2 years.

Ok Zomer is not a ruckman.

I get
Kruezer Ruck
McEvoy Ruck
Lobbe Ruck Yet to play
Simpson Ruck Yet to play
Thoolen Ruck Delisted already and re-rookied
Putt Playing KP at Coburg
Martin Playing FB mostly
Belly Ruck

Rookies

Cartledge lol
Spencer Ruck
Orreal Ruck
Mumford Ruck

Could be more in the rookies some of the names ive never heard of.

The interesting thing to look at here is Thoolen. Collingwood have Fraser, Wood and next best would be Bryan. Other than that they have Leigh Brown or Dawes to give relief if needed. You dont need to have developing ruckman on the main list. They took a chance no other club picked him up and they rookied him. They have rookie list of 7 with 2 rucks on it. This is what i propose we do with Bellchambers.

Danyele Pearce

Seemingly Port want to trade for draft pick and I feel it would be a great excuse for us to add some more midfield depth with players that would love our game plan. Out of all there mids I would chase hardest for Pearce over the other Port mids thaqt they have to offer.
With our hard at it players in the middle like Watson and Lonergan, he would be ideal for an outside mid position like a Lovett and rotate around with him through the forward line.
I think he is worth a late first rounder but would try and get away with a 2nd rounder and maybe Jay Nash who would add class for the outed Burgoyne, also he is an Adelaide boy who really needs a fresh start.
This would also help in sealing the deal to get Cunnington with Essendons first pick to even out the midfield balance as we would have no second pick.
I think that this would be an absoulute steal as he would be a star in our midfield especially if we get Cunnington to give it to him from the bottom of the packs and then Pearce would go for a trot and deliever the ball to Jay Neagle with a beautiful pass........I think I just jizzed in my pants even talking about it:D What does everyone else thin? Sorry if this has been put up just delete it:thumbsu:

Re: Danyele Pearce

No ****ing way, Pearce is the biggest down hill skier in the league. He has to have ball handed to him on a silver platter, and is very inconsistent. He would make our midfield even more softer and unnacountable.

What we need is a good clearance player who is clean with the ball and can use it well, not an outside receiver.

Hence the reason I put Cunnington as our first pick if it panned out that way I just feel he is non motivated and needs a new lease. Seemed pretty accountable last year playing off half back

No ****ing way, Pearce is the biggest down hill skier in the league. He has to have ball handed to him on a silver platter, and is very inconsistent. He would make our midfield even more softer and unnacountable.

What we need is a good clearance player who is clean with the ball and can use it well, not an outside receiver.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsu:

I don't think that Pearce will be put on the table as while others got dropped this year, he stayed. I think Williams might like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back