Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke Ball, Anyone?

Don't think he's a realistic target. Not really that keen on trading in players but rather trading out (assuming there's depth in the draft). May only be worth going Rounds 1, 2 and 3 considering the draft is approx 40% smaller this year (if i remember correctly, it's that amount of the draft that consist of 17yo that the GC have exclusive picks over).

I believe we are currently in the situation in which we have one super clearance player, but are still searching for someone to fill the void left when Jobe is off the ground or out of the team.

There's talk (in the media and from saint fans) about Luke Ball perhaps being up for trade at season's end. If Ball were available for trade, do you think the bombers should chase him? If so, what would you be prepared to give?

Chook! yeah, I think we could bear the loss.

I think he is more talking about an Aaron Davey.

Alwyn could get a nibble if we put him out there....

That would also really put the pressure on Jetta to perform next year.

We would regret that trade in three years time.

Jetta will come good. We need to be patient with him. He is only a 3rd year player and indigineous blokes generally take a while to come along.

:thumbsu:

I'd much rather go for a Salopek or even a Robbie Gray than a Ball. Salopek has been mismanaged at Port and Port will be interested in a draft pick to get their rebuilding back on track.

I'll throw a left field one out there. Tim Houlihan from WCE. Running machine apparently who has shown quite a bit of improvement since getting a chance late in the season. A Vic boy to boot.

That seems about right. Plus maybe another traded for a pick.

The last few years we have retained a pick to use in the PSD. I wonder how important a consideration that will be this year.

We may actually go after Stuart Crameri or Chris Thomson (Bendigo Bombers) who have been playing some good footy, Crameri was ours before the Tigers did not take Klemke, but took cousins instead, and then we were lucky enought to get Klemke with our PSD pick instead.

I would love to see Crameri at Essendon, bleeds his heart out to have a shot at the big time (great article in 'Inside Football' this week, talking about himself giving up everything to have a shot at a rookie spot in the AFL by going via the VFL.

Could really use him at Essendon I think.

ok guys ill say this again

one of my good mates brother is best mates with luke ball and i can tell you NOW and you can quote me on this..

LUKE BALL WILL NOT BE TRADED

How do you know? The saints will probably have salary cap issues and if they get a good deal then why not.

I'm mates with Adam Schneider and even he didn't know he was going to get traded. He just bought a house and was on holiday in Fiji, then the club told him to cut your holiday short because were trading you to St Kilda.

Anyway anyone interested in Sam Reid (inside mid) + 3rd rounder for Leroy Jetta.

How do you know? The saints will probably have salary cap issues and if they get a good deal then why not.

I'm mates with Adam Schneider and even he didn't know he was going to get traded. He just bought a house and was on holiday in Fiji, then the club told him to cut your holiday short because were trading you to St Kilda.

Anyway anyone interested in Sam Reid (inside mid) + 3rd rounder for Leroy Jetta.

nuh, not sam reid..

What about Guy O'Keefe, watched him a couple of weeks ago, and he seems very good at the stoppages, alot like our own David Myers, but alot more coordinated and versatile, has a nice body size and can be used off the flanks, either forward or back, nice kick, clean hands and was named in the best several games in a row without being elevated to the senior side (anybody disgruntled over O'Keefe/Eade?), would love him at the Bombers.

nuh, not sam reid..

What about Guy O'Keefe, watched him a couple of weeks ago, and he seems very good at the stoppages, alot like our own David Myers, but alot more coordinated and versatile, has a nice body size and can be used off the flanks, either forward or back, nice kick, clean hands and was named in the best several games in a row without being elevated to the senior side (anybody disgruntled over O'Keefe/Eade?), would love him at the Bombers.

There's no doubt he would be a little disgruntled because he's definetly earned a game. He hasn't signed a new contract yet so he could be looking for a new club.

Gets named in the best nearly every week in the VFL and has been getting tagged. Eade has been reluctant to play him because he missed a compulsory rehab session and he would've been a shoe in for a debut that week. Eade has also mentioned that his fitness levels aren't up to AFL standards yet, so he really needs to get his arse into gear. Once he does he should become a good AFL player

You guys need hard nuts, we need key defenders.

Would think that Essendon could deal with Hawthorn over trade week. Problem is I don't know who we'd be willing to let go.

Josh Kennedy is too good too release, as is Sewell, Mitch, Hodge.

Maybe Ben McGlynn for Cale Hooker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would think that Essendon could deal with Hawthorn over trade week. Problem is I don't know who we'd be willing to let go.

Would almost be worth it just to see him play 1-2 games a year on Alan Didak.

Other than that, he wouldnt be in our 22, so i dont think so

You guys need hard nuts, we need key defenders. Maybe Ben McGlynn for Cale Hooker.

No thanks. McGlynn is an outside player, we have plenty of those. Hooker isn't going anywhere, once Hille returns, Hooker can settle in a KPP role.

Hooker could be a gun, so too Kennedy.

If you want something good, you are going to have to give up something good. I've been impressed with Kennedy, but I doubt that he would be traded with his Hawthorn blood lines.

I think people outside of Essendon think we need in and under players, but we probably have a few of those in Welsh, Watson, Hocking, Lonergan and possibly Myers. I think what we need is an 'A' class midfielder in general, who is both inside and outside. Unfortunately they don't grow on trees.

I think Essendon will want to keep Hooker as it allows for us to have flexibility with Hurley in the future. So it would have to be more enticing than the turnover king but hard at it player in McGlynn.

We may actually go after Stuart Crameri or Chris Thomson (Bendigo Bombers) who have been playing some good footy, Crameri was ours before the Tigers did not take Klemke, but took cousins instead, and then we were lucky enought to get Klemke with our PSD pick instead.

I would love to see Crameri at Essendon, bleeds his heart out to have a shot at the big time (great article in 'Inside Football' this week, talking about himself giving up everything to have a shot at a rookie spot in the AFL by going via the VFL.

Could really use him at Essendon I think.

I think Klemke is actually a rookie. Not sure how he is travelling though. Read a good article on him a while back... has he done enough to get a second year?

also, are there any rookies that we could go after or look to trade away at the end of the year?

I wouldn't do that trade, but I do think it's fair.

I agree with these sentiments. I think that the proposed trade is a fair deal for both side, but having said that I wouldn't do it. Hooker way just starting to settle into a KPD role and has since had his season disrupted due to our ruck woes. He has plenty of upside (I should add I think he has much more than McGlynn) and is quite versatile, I wouldn't consider trading him at this stage.

Have any of you guys heard of jarryd cachia?
Former vic m u16 captain didnt make it this year apparently he has 'anger issues'. He is a really good player and could potentially be an a grade inside mid.
Didnt get a invite to draft camp.
Very very good player and a great bloke

ALSO

Was thinking about this before and could be a very good trade

Pears and 1st round - Hawthorn
Roughead and 2nd round - Essendon

Have any of you guys heard of jarryd cachia?
Former vic m u16 captain didnt make it this year apparently he has 'anger issues'. He is a really good player and could potentially be an a grade inside mid.
Didnt get a invite to draft camp.
Very very good player and a great bloke

Goes to my school, ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, and yes he does have some issues. Not the sort of player Essendon would be going after I don't think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back