Merged Warnock Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Warnock homeward bound

“My management will be working proactively with the club to secure the best possible result for Fremantle.

let's hope they are true to their word. if he goes to melbourne for nothing i will puke

I would be very bitter if the shoe was on the other foot, but I hope that he slides through to the PSD & we pick him up with the first pick for nothing.

At least we are in a reasonable position to attempt facilitating a trade with Freo, but we shouldn't be giving up any of picks 1, 17 & 19 unless it means improving the last of those two picks to higher in the first round.

I have a feeling that Carlton will offer #24, which would be hard for Freo to knock back as long as Warnock wants to go there himself.

Fremantle are on the lookout for two new assistant coaches following the departure of Peter German and Robert Shaw.

Since when was Robert Shaw an assistant coach. :rolleyes:

The worst possible result for Freo, is if Warnock announces his preferred club is Melbourne.

I would be very bitter if the shoe was on the other foot, but I hope that he slides through to the PSD & we pick him up with the first pick for nothing.

At least we are in a reasonable position to attempt facilitating a trade with Freo, but we shouldn't be giving up any of picks 1, 17 & 19 unless it means improving the last of those two picks to higher in the first round.

I have a feeling that Carlton will offer #24, which would be hard for Freo to knock back as long as Warnock wants to go there himself.

Would be over the moon if this happened :):thumbsu:

I would have thought that #24 is more than reasonable for a 2nd string ruckman with less than 40 games to his name. Sure he is young, tall & has potential but what do you honestly think he is worth. If Freo aren't reasonable with what they request for him, you will get nothing

For those reasons I hope we get him with #1 PSD.

I would like to think you would get better than pick 24 for him.
I would have thought he would be worth a bit more than that. But then again, he's leaving just as he is starting to live up to the hype. Another year improving at this rate and he would be a first round pick easy.

If Freo get anything they'd be doing well out of this in my opinion. I bet they are just glad they aren't dealing with the Hawks.

If he decides that he wants to go to Melbourne, even if Carlton offer #24, it's going to be irrelevant, because he could still walk to Melbourne in the PSD if Freo and Carlton make that trade.

The only way he goes anywhere else is if he actually wants to go elsewhere.

Word is he wants to go to Carlton. Does that strike anyone else as an odd choice with two developing ruckmen in Kreuzer and Hampson? He could potentially be their number three ruckman in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he decides that he wants to go to Melbourne, even if Carlton offer #24, it's going to be irrelevant, because he could still walk to Melbourne in the PSD if Freo and Carlton make that trade.

The only way he goes anywhere else is if he actually wants to go elsewhere.

Exactly

Word is he wants to go to Carlton. Does that strike anyone else as an odd choice with two developing ruckmen in Kreuzer and Hampson? He could potentially be their number three ruckman in a few years.

I'm sure you've heard this before but I am going to say it again. You have an unfortunate name. Especially on this board.

He is the perfect recruit if anyone is looking for a ruckman. As with most ruckmen they take a little while to develop. When Robbie came he was a string bean, a very very tall string bean, with talent. He is very good with his hands and agile for a bloke that tall.

A lot of posters have probably not seen much of Robbie but the things he has shown that he can do for a bloke that tall is extremely rare. I guess I'm saying he looks like a regular player and not some uncoordinated 200+cm ruckman.

If anything Robbie has played more games than we expected of him so far. To say he's crap because he's not getting a game isn't true. This year was still a development year

When taking a ruckmen in the draft you normally have to wait a few years but with Robbie, he is now plug and play. No patience required. You get a potential 10 years of him and get all the best years he's got to give.

He will be a star and in future years whoever gets him will have supporters on here giving freo crap for how they "let" him go. This I have no doubt of.

Fair trade would be late 1st round but with the obsession with draft picks and the facts he wants to go back to Melbourne one lucky club is going to get a bargain.

I would have thought that #24 is more than reasonable for a 2nd string ruckman with less than 40 games to his name. Sure he is young, tall & has potential but what do you honestly think he is worth. If Freo aren't reasonable with what they request for him, you will get nothing

For those reasons I hope we get him with #1 PSD.

24 probably is close to reasonable but unless he picks a preferred club we can afford to be hard on this one. All Freo have to say at the start of trade week to the interested parties is "come up with your best offer by close of business Thursday and we will sign off the best offer in the morning". That might just get us a pick 19. Clubs sometimes get a little excited in trade week when there is a bit of a bidding war. How do you think Croady ended up at Freo for pick 1....

Or because we have so many spots to fill on our list we might prefer two picks a bit later on with the intention of getting someone with those picks who we feel might slip. It will be interesting to see what we do.

I'd be happy if I was a Freo supporter. You lose your back-up ruckman but you have a couple of Melb clubs who seem to be pretty keen on a player who is essentially unproven and could well be a complete flop. Carlton and Richmond will out bid each other and Freo will get a decent draft pick out of it. As long as they do actually trade for picks and not another Essendon veteran.

How would people compare Wood last year to Warnock this year?

No Comparison.. Wood is an absolute plonker compared to this bloke.. Warnock will easily be in top 4 ruckmen within 3 years. Unlucky that we got sandi and warnock at the same time, if we got them one after the other we would be set for 15 years.

I'd be happy if I was a Freo supporter. You lose your back-up ruckman but you have a couple of Melb clubs who seem to be pretty keen on a player who is essentially unproven and could well be a complete flop. Carlton and Richmond will out bid each other and Freo will get a decent draft pick out of it. As long as they do actually trade for picks and not another Essendon veteran.

Ill back him in now... he will be a better ruckman than Sandilands, so im shattered we arent keeping him. The only one currently who is better than he will turn out at 24 is Cox.

No Comparison.. Wood is an absolute plonker compared to this bloke.. .

If anything he has shown too much. If he was crapper he may well have been content with being a second string ruckman. I think he will end up being better than Sandilands, on our board a lot of fremantle posters shared this opinion. A bit like how Dean Cox was stuck behind Michael Gardiner before he imploded. (note: I'm not saying he will be as good as Cox just that at the time people thought it was laughable that Cox could be anywhere near as good as Gardi.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged Warnock Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back