Merged: WTF Egan?!?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Soft & Weak!

Normally I dont bag our own players but in this instance the criticisim is warranted. Never been a fan of Egan, even in his supposebly good year in 2006. He just isnt hard enough and doesnt do the team things such as running flat out to get a smother or tackle.

All the hype about his silky skills is nonsense as he has constantly has very poor disposal, and often goes for the cheap 15m handball. He's an outside player and really his speed and general skill is nothing special. He just isnt up to it for AFL standard and is detrimental to the whole gameplan MM has in place.

Prefer guys like Stanley, Wellingham or Illes to get a shot in front of lack luster Egan.
Totally agree 110 %:thumbsu:

Look i kno that marty clarke got dropped last week coz of a poor performance but come on it was wet weather football give egan a proper go u dont know what he can do just over two games, we have 2 give him 5 or 6 games and if he still isnt performing well than u drop him(even for good, might even use for trade bait)
With marty clarke... the coachin staff knows he can play and he had a shocker last saturday, but ive got faith in the irish boy and he could get a game this week for wakelin... i kno it could silly but im just goin by team balance against the tiges

Wet weather or no wet weather Egan doesnt bring anything to the table that other players dont, what he does bring is poor disposal and lack of pressure, two things that make him not in the best 22.

He doesnt deserve to hold his spot when we have players like Stanley and Wellingham playing well in the VFL who can easilly fill his spot. His game against Freo was average/below average as yes he got lots of the ball, but this means jack all as his efficiency is not up to par. Send him to the magoos and see if he can dominate while improving efficiency, then we can bring him in and only then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged: WTF Egan?!?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back