MFC Announcement @1.00pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderful news! Just heard it on the radio! Nearly fell off my chair! We had to lock him up this early to stop GWS getting their grubby mits on him. So welcome Jack Viney to the MFC! How many past captain's sons has played for the MFC? Wouldn't be many. So this is great news....

Anyone have any idea if Jack can train with us? Might be in the article attached, but i haven't had time to read it yet....

Wallis and Libba trained with the Bullies so I see no reason why Jack
couldnt train with us, but will probably be in 2012 when he starts
training with us as we have plans on his playing for Casey in 2012.

Pretty sure he is going to try play for Oakleigh next year.

Kids a gun and should dominate TAC, absolutely stoked to get him
and ill probably head down watch him play next year, exciting.

Jack will return to Carey Grammar and finish his schooling there. This will involve him playing most of his footy with the school next year. He did say that he hoped he could play some games with Oakleigh in the TAC Cup.

Wonderful news! Just heard it on the radio! Nearly fell off my chair! We had to lock him up this early to stop GWS getting their grubby mits on him

Actually, Emma Quayle sees it differently: (from twitter)

Emma Quayle
Reports about Jack Viney being removed from GWS' reach are, once again, wrong. He would not have fallen into the right age bracket. Trust me

Not trying to be a dick and prove you wrong, mate, as I thought the same thing. Just providing some info

Of what benefit is it to MFC to sign him now?
- Can he start training with us even though he won't debut for a few years?
- Does it make him eligible to play for Casey?
- Is he on the pay-roll?

Lets say he suffered a major injury in the next few years that severely limits his ability, is MFC still obligated to draft him?

GWS can't take him as one of their 17 y/o's

yes, he wouldn't be training full time but one afternoon a week type thing.
he's already done a few training sessions with us iirc

no, but there is nothing stopping them from signing him

- Is he on the pay-roll?
no

Lets say he suffered a major injury in the next few years that severely limits his ability, is MFC still obligated to draft him?
I believe so - but it would really depend on the contract signed

Media space in the off season. Adelaide have shown interest this goes some way to disprove we can't attract "big name" players. Not that he's a big name.

I thought there was a rule that allowed the siblings of coaching staff to participate in training as a 16 yo. under their supervision

We still need AFL permission, but yes in 2012 he could.

- Is he on the pay-roll?

Who knows? HUN article implies he might be

No. We still have to bid for him in the lead up to the 2012 draft. All we have done is flagged our intentions to pick him under the farter/son if he's good enough.

Don't GWS only pick up 17 year olds that would be going into the 2011 draft? So Jack Viney couldn't go to GWS anyway. Hmm.

Although it would be better if he was in the 2011 draft, as we are likely to have a pick somewhere around 16-18 in 2011 and a pick around 10-12 in 2012.

Don't GWS only pick up 17 year olds that would be going into the 2011 draft? So Jack Viney couldn't go to GWS anyway. Hmm.

Although it would be better if he was in the 2011 draft, as we are likely to have a pick somewhere around 16-18 in 2011 and a pick around 10-12 in 2012.

read schwabs twitter. It explains all. Basically states that if someone swapped for one of GWS picks they could indeed pick him up so yes there was a reason to pick him up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, Emma Quayle sees it differently: (from twitter)

Emma Quayle
Reports about Jack Viney being removed from GWS' reach are, once again, wrong. He would not have fallen into the right age bracket. Trust me

Not trying to be a dick and prove you wrong, mate, as I thought the same thing. Just providing some info

read the convo between emma quayle and cameron schwab. Emma was apparently watching in on a meeting but Schwab was part of it. Schwab is quite convinced another club had a chance of swooping on Viney. We did what we had to.

read the convo between emma quayle and cameron schwab. Emma was apparently watching in on a meeting but Schwab was part of it. Schwab is quite convinced another club had a chance of swooping on Viney. We did what we had to.

Ok so Emma is saying that GWS couldnt pick him.

But Schwabby is saying that they could have traded the right to pick him to another club.

Thats the bit I still dont get.

Anyway Ill let it go as its all irrelivant now.. hes ours :D

Ok so Emma is saying that GWS couldnt pick him.

But Schwabby is saying that they could have traded the right to pick him to another club.

Thats the bit I still dont get.

Anyway Ill let it go as its all irrelivant now.. hes ours :D

Yeah it is a little confusing. I don't get how it is the case. But Schwab was apparently on the committee so he seems to know what he is going on.

But I agree irrelevant. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Announcement @1.00pm today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back