Universal Love MFC Supporters Celebration thread - Norm Smith, thanks for releasing us!

I will now?

• Die happy

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Be fisted forever

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Probably get arrested for my celebrations

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Definitely get arrested for my melt

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Admit Goodwin was right abour out brand and learnings along the journey

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Wonder why the learnings didn't work

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile at the G
znv09Vo.jpg

The footy we played in the 3rd quarters of the prelim and granny are probably the 2 best quarters we might ever see a Melbourne side play. Disgustingly clinical, almost like a throw back to scoring from a different era.
Nelson Muntz quarterback GIF.

Is Petracca clutch yet? :p

that third quarter on the back of Gus swinging the momentum being and absolute maniac at the footy was absurd. Him and Jacko took over out of the middle.

Jackson and Brayshaw the 3rd quarter heroes

Gus was smashing everyone, reckless as ****, no fear or care for his own safety, it was pure football old school, just hardness and courage

Bernie Vince was smashed already in the circle singing the song, god bless ya Bern

Gus was smashing everyone, reckless as fu**, no fear or care for his own safety, it was pure football old school, just hardness and courage
He will have my respect for ever for that. Skills aren't a number 3 pick but he can always say he left everything on that field in a GF which is brilliant

Yeah Jacko was the difference. Phenomenal. Gus spraying that one kick will lead to people forgetting him, but Jackson’s ruck dominance in a GF for a young fella is just f’ed

Phenom.

Id be happy to say a 19 year old ruckman has never been a major factor in turning around a GF. He literally pushed a 5 time AA out of the ruck for the most critical part of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will have my respect for ever for that. Skills aren't a number 3 pick but he can always say he left everything on that field in a GF which is brilliant
Cared more than anyone else as well, his voice breaking the whole time post game gave me the ****ign feels, love that guy

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you are. I don't care what you've thought, I don't care what you've said. When people ask you who you go for, if you responded Melbourne sans hesitation , this is for you.

This is for us. I just cried cathartically in front of five guys who don't support Melbourne. They weren't there ten years ago, they'll never understand.

F**** THEM ALL.

Best day of my life. And I spent it with you, wherever you are, lou reed style.

Footy will never be the same. Enjoy it, you are free. The Norm Smith curse is dead, KIA by Petracca and 21 of his friends.

Phenom.

Id be happy to say a 19 year old ruckman has never been a major factor in turning around a GF. He literally pushed a 5 time AA out of the ruck for the most critical part of the game
Seeds were sowed for this in R6 and R7. Did almost the exact same thing. Must be incredible for Maxy to have faith to put Jacko in the ruck like that in a GF when you’re three goals down and expected as skipper to put the side on your back, given he’s the one that calls the shots in the ruck rotation. Absurd talent. Makes Max look like a dud.

Had to give a ****ing speech at my dad's 75th birthday, my parents 50th wedding anniversary, and the mighty ****ing dees won the flag and made my daughter happy. So bloody good makes a middle aged dees fan so happy

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_231256_01.jpg
    IMG_20210925_231256_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20210925_204140.jpg
    IMG_20210925_204140.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
showing Gus third quarter highlight now on Fox, that diving mark and turning to crowd screaming after kicking the goal to start the avalanche , smashing Schache in the defensive 50, man, what a legend

showing Gus third quarter highlight now on Fox, that diving mark and turning to crowd screaming after kicking the goal to start the avalanche , smashing Schache in the defensive 50, man, what a legend
Genuinely reckon if Gus doesn’t split that contest we could have lost.

Genuinely reckon if Gus doesn’t split that contest we could have lost.

Agree, he turned that quarter on his lonesome, we were flat as a tack and Gus kept our head above water with fearlessness and desperation. Then the flood gates opened, but if Gus doesn't spoil that who knows what happens

Amazing how our best players in the backline were Salem, Bowey and Rivers I reckon.

May and Lever well down on what id usually expect of both. (especially May's first half , very fumbley, looked a nervous wreck)

The kids and Salem solid as ****.

May pinged the hammy in the first half. Once he figured he was only had a half hour or so to get through it he lifted. I've been there in low stakes suburban basketball finals breaking stuff in games and like that getting to the last 15 minutes and knowing that you can grit through it at that pioint and giving it everything. Champion

Congratulations Demons supporters.

The best team all year, the best team on the night, and a hugely and richly deserved premier.

I hope you all cherish the night, the celebrations, lap up the night and every thing.

PS I have literally no idea if Biffinator is still on this forum, but if you are, I hope you had a great night, drink the night way, and cherish it forever.

Again, a very sincere and heartfelt congratulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love MFC Supporters Celebration thread - Norm Smith, thanks for releasing us!

Back