Marcus Banks
Daequan Cook
Yakhouba Diawara
James Jones
Dorell Wright (Inj)
Jamaal Magloire

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update this every week or so....

I just read an article from Miami Herald reguarding who's going to start at PG this thursday for the season opener... Coach Spo I think was the first who was praising the ammount of variety that we had at the PG position.
He said all 4 guys bring something to the table:

Quinn: Cosistancy/Efficiency.
Livingston: Size, Great Passing ability.
Banks: Reliable Defender, good scorer.
Chalmers: Defence, playmaking ability, leadership.

Spo also quoted Chalmers & Quinn would get majority gametime for now, pretty much trimming it down to them 2 for the starting spot.

Also Beasley, Wade, Marion & Haslem have sealed their spots in the lineup as well btw...

So pumped for this season!

Annoyed that we can only watch a handful of games on T.V, but still pumped none the less

Oh and thanks for the new thread TYG!

oooh shit forgot to mention....

Channel ten are starting a new 24 hours sports channel sometime between now and next year...

But in the meantime even better news, Ten have signed a deal with the NBA and Ten HD...
Not too sure on how many games they'll be showing but apparently its more than foxtel has to offer on Fox Sports & or ESPN.

hate to see what a power big man is going to do to miami. Apart from a washed up Magloire they really lack a defensive big. Marion and Haslem can hold there own but are too undersized to defend the dwight howards, amare stoudamires, KG, jeffersons.

hate to see what a power big man is going to do to miami. Apart from a washed up Magloire they really lack a defensive big. Marion and Haslem can hold there own but are too undersized to defend the dwight howards, amare stoudamires, KG, jeffersons.

Apart from Dwight, and perhaps Elton, there aren't too many big men Marion and Haslem would be scared of in the East. Marion has defended against bigger man before, and we all know how good a job Haslem did on Nowitzki in the '06 Finals.

oooh shit forgot to mention....

Channel ten are starting a new 24 hours sports channel sometime between now and next year...

But in the meantime even better news, Ten have signed a deal with the NBA and Ten HD...
Not too sure on how many games they'll be showing but apparently its more than foxtel has to offer on Fox Sports & or ESPN.
They said on Channel Ten News yesterday that the 24 hour all=sports channel would be launching in April '09.

Where did you hear about the Ten HD deal?

They said on Channel Ten News yesterday that the 24 hour all=sports channel would be launching in April '09.

Where did you hear about the Ten HD deal?

I think the NBA on Ten HD will collide when they release the new 24hour sports channel.

Meaning they'll play NBA on ten hd till the new Sports channel is released in april.

Something like that anyway...

Just some thoughts from opening night v New York

Dwyane Wade- Yes he led us with 26 points, but he wasn't great all night and eventually fouled out with around 90 seconds remaining in the game, and with us down by around 3. Maybe we're expecting too much of him, but after Beijing I really thought he was back. But, hey this was one game.

Udonis Haslem- A gun- 23 points, 10 reb- Granted this was probably his easiest assignment playing at Centre on Zac Randolph, but none the less he was good

Mario Chalmers - Future superstar ;)- As impressive a debut as I've seen for a while. 17 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 1 turnover. He's got the speed, agility and decision making that I like. And for a midget, he leaps high to get his boards:D:D

Shawn Marion- Was on fire in the first few minutes of the game, then was quite for the rest. No doubting his abilties though.

Michael Beasley- Rookie in his first game, so I shouldn't be too harsh, but I won't lie, I was disappointed. He seemed content to play from the perimeter, and hardly took it in the painted area. Finished 9 points on 4-14, but have faith that he'll improve.

More height!!!

With our lack of height on defence our opponents are just getting easy shots over our midsized defenders. We don't really expect much from Jamaal Magloire on the offencive end but his experiance in rebounding and defending is badly needed right now... He comes back in a few weeks time and I expect that once he returns there will be a change in our results... Haslem is more than capable of taking Centre, coach spo even insisted on him gaining more weight to take a permanent spot at centre...

Tonight was a good start for us even though we lost... I believe it was Coach Spoelstra's first official game and he didn't budge one little bit... He tried different things and was strict with his planning up until the fourth quarter where a change of tempo quickly got us back into the game... I dont think Spo was expecting to use only 8 players but he got the best out of this unique lineup of players...

Daequan Cook!... Brings brilliance off the bench and I believe is our key to success when playing as the sixth man. Getting James Jones back from injury is vital for us though, we shot the same amount as FG's as the knicks did tonight but the knicks prevailed by hitting more 3 point shots than we did... James Jones is sorely needed on our offence because when it comes time to breaking away and making a buffer on the scoreboard we will struggle to do that.

Chalmers was fantastic.. In the starting lineup as I secretly predicted and just did all the things we needed our starting PG to do... Absolute great pickup by the Heat from Minnasota..

Beasley, on coart for 26 minutes, tried to make an impact but just couldn't hit it form the elbow or from inside... David Lee is known for his perimeter defence and guarded Beasley well.... We cant really expect too much from our rookies and in this case I guess it was just his first game and could've had the jitters!

Haslem, Wade & Marion all did very well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miami 103 - 77 Sacramento.

Very good signs for us; we've now scored 100+ points both games this season which is pleasing. We also had 6 players in double digit scoring.

Chris Quinn was inactive, with Shaun Livingston playing just under 20 minutes. Beasley was 1 rebound off a double-double, Wade another good night with 20 pts, 8 assists & 4 blocks.

We back it up tomorrow @ Charlotte.

Heat smashed the Kings... 103 to 77

Box score:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008103114&refresh=0

Heat Best:

1: Dwyane Wade = 20 points, 4 Rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks.
2: Michael Beasley = 17......., 9............., 0..........., 1........., 1........ .
3: Shaun Marion = 13.........., 10............, 3..........., 4........., 3....... .
4: Udonis Haslem = 14........., 6.............., 0..........., 0........., 0....... .

Kings Best:

1: Q.Douby = 14 points.
2: J.Salmons = 14...... .
3: J.Thompson = 10.... .

That was the best I've seen us play for a while.

Wade was electric- shame there was hardly anyone there to watch the game..poor effort from South Floridians:thumbsdown:

Beasley had a great one, Marion was great, Haslem continued his great form,
Cook was a spark of the bench. Heck, even Mark Blount got into double figures:D

We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves though, because the Kings were terrible.

Can't wait to watch us against San Antonio next saturday on ESPN;):)

That was the best I've seen us play for a while.

Wade was electric- shame there was hardly anyone there to watch the game..poor effort from South Floridians:thumbsdown:

Beasley had a great one, Marion was great, Haslem continued his great form,
Cook was a spark of the bench. Heck, even Mark Blount got into double figures:D

We shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves though, because the Kings were terrible.

Can't wait to watch us against San Antonio next saturday on ESPN;):)
Official crowd was 19,600??? Looked pretty empty to me as well, and D-Wade commented after the game that it was a great crowd:confused::confused:

Yet another loss to our bogey team Charlotte, now we're 1-2

Bobcats were good today, but admittedly our guys looked pretty tired. Playing three games in four days, two on the road obviously got to them, but no excuses.

Wade was in foul trouble all game, and couldn't play with an momentum or continuity. Finished with 19pts and 5 fouls

Haslem was pretty good, but also looked tired by the end. 16pt and 7 reb

Beasley was awesome. Again didn't attack the hoop a whole lot, and preferred to rely on his jumper, but it was effective none the less. 25 pts, 5 reb

Looking forward to a few days rest before Philly on thursday our time

Heat lose... 87 to 100

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008110130&refresh=0

Heat Best:

1: Beasley...25 points.
2: Wade.....19 points.
3: Haslem...16 points.

Charlotte's Best:

1: Wallace......34 points.
2: Richardson..23 points.
3: Okarfor.......18 points.

Just got killed on the boards... (27 [us], 41 [charlotte])
We were ok on turnovers with just 11...
We couldn't put down a 3 for shit, why charlotte's starters seemed to get everything in from the ark and specially inside...
Also some pretty stupid and questionable fouls called against us so we got a bit cheated there as well.

Just a disappointing loss... We have Philly next on Thursday, so the break should give us some composure back..

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back