Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Marion obviously didn't play, but I didn't pick up why. If it was a serious injury the commentators would've been talking about it more. I think it was just a bug or flu or whatever strikes down players from time to time.

Sounded like Anthony played OK. Not great, but OK. Does some stupid things, at one point he gave away an offensive goal tend when one of Wade's J's was going in. Haslem came up with some handy boards at the end.

He has the broken nose for one, and has frequently complained about wearing the mask all week... I think resting him wouldn't have hurt much, also gives him the chance to get some well deserved rest... I think Wade will also get a break sometime soon as well, most likely against the Sonics or something.

lol... WIOD FM = Wade's Bitch! (They love him)

As for Jo-el Anthony, coach Spo pretty much just tells the guy to crash all boards, block everything and wreck havick!!! Sometimes it works:eek:.

He has a groin strain. Listed as day to day.

ahk... Must'v missed that one.:eek:

I don't think he's badly needed for the Blazers match anyway.. All we have to worry about would be Fernandez and specifically Aldridge... Wade will just eat Brandon Roy up! so no worries...

I hope Dorell Wright can finally make a return... Miss Him:(

TV...?? I would love to have a recap show each week in Aus.... dam it :mad:.... Don't know about Wade eating up Roy.. he has been lighting it up lately... true he won't be able to defend wade too much but his offence is still good... Aldridge and Oden in the middle will hurt us... Fernandez i wouldn't worry about too much... Should be a good test of our interior big men and there defence.... Bring on tip off...

Jacky

TV...?? I would love to have a recap show each week in Aus.... dam it :mad:.... Don't know about Wade eating up Roy.. he has been lighting it up lately... true he won't be able to defend wade too much but his offence is still good... Aldridge and Oden in the middle will hurt us... Fernandez i wouldn't worry about too much... Should be a good test of our interior big men and there defence.... Bring on tip off...

Jacky

25 points later...

Easy young gun.... i remember someone saying "Wade will just eat Brandon Roy up! so no worries...".. I tink Roy was more of a worry than fernandez.... Fernandez scoring is what we need off the bench from someone like cook

INJURY UPDATE:

Magloire expected back sometime next week...

Marion still in a day to day sort of situation so he could play tomorrow but then he might not...

Dorell Wright I'm still unsure about but I hope will be back tomorrow...

James Jones still out till January, could come back earlier with good test results...

And Thats all, Go Heat!

Heat Beat Wizards 97 to 77

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Ai13mOJpeec2Bah9aw6hbRC8vLYF?gid=2008111414

Heat Best:

1: Wade: 24 points. 2 rebounds.
2: Beasley: 19 points. 6 rebounds.
3: Haslem: 13 points. 13 rebounds. 2 blocks.
4: Marion: 12 points. 12 rebounds. 2 blocks.

Wizards Best:

1: Jamison: 15 points.
2: McGee: 13 points.
3: Young: 13 points.

Heat just killed em'... Beasley started off with 13 points in the first quarter and a half... Wade didn't miss a shot till end of the second quarter... Haslem was just as smooth as Charlie Shean on both ends. Marion did pretty well, but definitely needs to be more involved in set plays cause he just gets the job done... Chalmers was ok, Quinn was pretty good as well and cook was putting up 3's left, right and centre.... Last quarter, barely any of our starters got much coart time but its not like we needed em' when we were 30 points. We also killed them on the boards 52 to 33.

How is it we can't fill an arena? If they can't find 20,000 people who wouldn't pay to see Wade on fire and a future champion in Beasley then perhaps we should share Oklahoma City with the Thunder...

Yeah this really annoys me. There are more passionate Heat fans on this forum than there are in Miami.

Florida sports fans tend to be the biggest bandwagoners in the U.S. Its not just the Heat though. The same goes for the Rays and the Marlins baseball teams, and even their NFL team.

Here's what surprising though: I can understand them not wanting to attend games last season, but now that we're winning, they still don't rock up.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN and TNT pull some of their national broadcasts of Heat games.

Heat fans are among the disgraces of the NBA:thumbsdown:

Got an attendance of 15,000 people out of 20,000 seats today...

I reaken thats fair enough...

http://en.wikipedia.org/aaarena said:

AmericanAirlines Arena

19,600 (With upper levels)
16,000 (Without upper levels)

* Can be configured five ways
* Minimum 5,000
* Maximum 20,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heat Beat Washington 94 to 87

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=ApPZxnl_0ky3yDoqI2dmryG8vLYF?gid=2008111827

Heat Best: (CBF'd gettin into detail)

Wade
Chalmers
Cook

Washington Best:

Jamison
Butler
Young

Heard little bits of this as school :p... Marion had a good start with offence but seemed to focus more on defence second half... Beasley had foul truoble and only played 15 minutes or so... Chalmer had a really good 2nd half which is the signature to his game, he gets things going 1st half and brings the house down second half :thumbsu:... Wade got a double double, Haslem did as well... Joel Anthony did some good things on defence and crashing the boards on offence, but it has come clear that he just can't shoot, layup, or do anything when it comes to scoring...

Raptors Tomorrow...

Cook keeps impressing me. I think he closed with 4 boards and 5 assists which are great numbers as well as hitting the important 3's.

Wade and Quinn link up together so well, Quinn has really turned into a great player for us.

Beasley was benched just after half time after picking up his 4th and did not re-enter the game. In the 4th quarter, Anthony and then Cook were preferred over Beasley, even when it was obvious we still needed to score to win the game.

In regards to Joel Anthony; Ben Wallace anyone? Sure a poor man's one at the moment but he finished with season high's of 6 boards and 3 blocks. Although if you think hack-a-shaq was bad for Miami, hack-a-Joel is gonna be even worse.

Tomorrow is a crucial game, JON exploded in the first half today, as did Bosh throughout the game who finished with 40 points and 18 boards or something silly like that. If they go with JON, Bosh and Bargnani together, they'll be far too big for us. Anthony might get large amounts of minutes.

In the 4th quarter, Anthony and then Cook were preferred over Beasley, even when it was obvious we still needed to score to win the game.
quote]

Beasley has had some troubles in the defense which is why he hasn't been played in the last quarter for the last three games i think. Hopefully he can improve on that.

If Anthony had Beasley's offensive skills or if Beasley had Anthony's defensive skills then we would be set.

Wade just a lazy 40 points...
Marion finally found some form with 20 points, 14 rebounds...

Beasley played lesser minutes today as well... And we were obviously undersized once again with a disadvantage with no-one over 6-8 playing for us, compared to the Raptors three 6-11 starters.. (Bargnani, Bosh & O'Neal)

I can't stress enough that we badly need height in the team... Dorell Wright for one brings height (6ft 9") and plenty of Athletisism.. I am rattled up to as why we don't play him at Foward, let him come off the bench at least...

I can't stress enough that we badly need height in the team... Dorell Wright for one brings height (6ft 9") and plenty of Athletisism.. I am rattled up to as why we don't play him at Foward, let him come off the bench at least...

He's still not 100% yet.

If ever there were a chance we'd trade for a centre, now is surely the time?

Chris Kaman anyone?

Very possible now...

Zach Randolph has been acquired by the clippers and now they have no use for Chris anymore... They said there was no need for the extra post player anymore in their starting lineup since Z-bo has now been acquired, and Marcus Camby is far too good of a defender to waste by playing off the bench...

There should be no doubt that we'll propose an offer... But we'll most likely get a large contract in return from the Clips if we wish to trade for Kaman.

Heat beat Pacers 109 to 100

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008112214&refresh=0

Heat Best:

1: Wade: 38 points, 8 assists, 2 blocks.
2: Marion: 18 points, 9 rebounds, 6 steals.
3: Beasley: 17 points, 6 rebounds.

Pacers Best:

1: Daniels: 25 points.
2: Granger: 23 points.
3: Nesterovich: 13 points.

Heat were down by 15 points once in the 2nd quarter... End of the 3rd quarter we brought it back to 79 all from a 3 point by Quinn with 2 seconds to go... And won the last quarter with moderate ease.
Wade just ripped it up as usual, creating plays, making blocks... Marion did acceptionally well for the second game in a row... Beasley was a bit hot and cold but did well when we needed him... Haslem good as usual, 16 points 8 boards, definitely one of our most valuable players... Quinn did very good coming off the bench, took over for chalmers and claimed his spot at starter for the last 2 quarters.. May I say he fits in real well with the likes of Wade & Marion, set up many baskets, even though they didint count as assists.

I'm sure everyone knows we lost to Houston yesterday, and have also seen the box score...

It was a tough game, I know T-Mac wasn't even nearly close to 100% but they are a good team. For a lot of the 4th the margin was single digits.

Things to note;
- Wade was somewhat lackluster yet was still a more than handy contributer.
- Chalmers was sensational. Hit 5 three's, and racked up assists and steals. At one point he picked Yao's pocket off a defensive rebound, ran out to the three pt line, dribbled through his legs then hit the 3. It was in the daily top 10 on NBA.com fwiw.
- Beasley's game time sky rocketed. A combo of both more effective play as well as no foul trouble. He was used for most of the 4th quarter.
- With Houston's front line of Yao, Scola and Artest, Mark Blount didn't even sniff game time. (I'm starting to think he's injured). Haslem and Anthony were used to try and stop Yao who simply dominated.
- Anthony came up huge again, iirc 4 blocks as well as important boards. He even hit a few free throws!!
- Diawara the only bench player that really contributed scoring wise.
- Dorrel Wright had surgery yesterday and will miss a further 3 weeks.

I'm really happy with Joel Anthony's performances...
He's definitely a project player, and just seems to learn something new with every appearance he partakes in a Heat Guernsey. Spo certainly thinks he's worth the roster space.

Jamaal Magloire expected to be back soon also, hopefully tomorrow against portland... James Jones expected to be back even earlier now, possibly 4 weeks. Dorell Wright still to be out for a while, I badly want him back cause I just love him! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back