Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Shawn Marion got a broken nose from Saturdays loss when he got absolutely shat on by G-Wall... apparently Diawara and Dorell Wright weren't able to play either because of similar knee/leg injuries as well...

So much for a fresh new season with 4 & a half players out injured...

J.Magloire - Broken Hand
J.Jones - Snapped ligament in wrist.
D.Wright - Knee soreness.
Y.Diawara - Strained/Sore Achilles tendon.

Then there's Livingston playing with only one leg... He has to ware a huge f'ing brace just to keep his knee together.

HEAT WIN!

Heat: 106 76ers: 83

BoxScore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AnK1fteuxEoehQiAW_vhndG8vLYF?gid=2008110514

Heat Best:

1:Wade: 29 points, 7 Rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals, 3 blocks.
2:Beasley: 17......, 9.............., 1.........., 1........., 1........ .
3:Marion: 12......., 7..............., 0.........., 1........., 2....... .

I/C: Diawara: 11 points, 3 assists.

76ers Best:

Young: 19 points, 4 rebounds.
Brand: 12.........., 12.......... .
Miller: 11..........., 1........... .

I/C: Williams: 16 points, 1 steal.

I didn't happen to see this game live, but it seemed pretty awesome... Firstly, chalmers, 9 STEALS!!... it can't get much better than that.. Wade... you couldn't expect much more from him, he just had everything covered 2day... Beasley!... He's gonna average those numbers all season long, no sweat... His defence seems to be better as well... Marion... Always very reliable, he's a great defensive presence and is always just such a dangerous player... Haslem, 10 points from a centre who's playing on a 7 ft lanky bastard who blocks just about everything, good on him..

Also the Heat have probably the highest forced turnover rate in the NBA, which is a stat that describes our best weapon of attack. Something we need to work on is just FG percentage and defensive rebounding, as much as I hate to say it but once Jamaal Magloire makes a return we'll be unstoppable with the fast break.

Heat crunch San Antonio 99-83

Don't read too much into this game. Spurs were without Parker (ankle) and Ginobilli,

But we were awesome from start to finish. Nearly blew it towards the end, Spurs cut a 20 point Heat lead to 9 with about 4 minutes left, but thats as close as they got.

The buzzword tonight: DEFENCE. From the first Spurs possession (turnover), we were superb defensively. Hassled them, and forced T.O's. Chalmers was up to old tricks again. Although Roger Mason burned us with 3P's in transition int he second half.

Best players:
Wade= 33 pts, 10 reb, 9 assists
Haslem= 15pts, 10 reb...hit some crucial shots late
Beasley- 20 pts, 8reb, 10/10 free throws---brilliant
Quinn- 15 pts- 5 3p's...spark of the bench, 5 3P's

Didn't see this one unfortunately, even though exclusively on ESPN:thumbsu:.

Just one question, who did Bowen play on... Marion?

Beasley looked alright, 20 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks... His defence seams to be getting better with every game going by... :thumbsu: to the heat... even though it was a pretty simple win in the end...

The Hornets went down today to CHARLOTTE of all teams so I'm sure they'll be really eager to redeem themselves tomorrow, big job for Chalmers on Paul, Mario just has to get right into Pauls face... I've noticed that teams give Paul too much space and he just gets easy hand-offs, but its only that then it exposes us for the drive so in that case we just need, specifially, Beasley to guard the ring, cause Chandler isn't going to look too dangerous presumably.

If we can keep the ball out of David West's hands I think we can do it... Shutdown him like we shutdown Elton Brand... And most certainly we need to force turnovers and get those easy points!

Didn't see this one unfortunately, even though exclusively on ESPN:thumbsu:.

Just one question, who did Bowen play on... Marion?

Beasley looked alright, 20 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks... His defence seams to be getting better with every game going by... :thumbsu: to the heat... even though it was a pretty simple win in the end...

The Hornets went down today to CHARLOTTE of all teams so I'm sure they'll be really eager to redeem themselves tomorrow, big job for Chalmers on Paul, Mario just has to get right into Pauls face... I've noticed that teams give Paul too much space and he just gets easy hand-offs, but its only that then it exposes us for the drive so in that case we just need, specifially, Beasley to guard the ring, cause Chandler isn't going to look too dangerous presumably.

If we can keep the ball out of David West's hands I think we can do it... Shutdown him like we shutdown Elton Brand... And most certainly we need to force turnovers and get those easy points!

Bowen had a quite one. Something like 10 minutes on court. Pop brought him on and off and various stages for small stints. I don't think he played on Marion at any stage.

Wade was simply awesome today. His defense has been great, well actually the whole teams defense has been fantastic. Hopefully we can beat the Hornets today, we haven't lost to a West team yet!

I'm watching this game, and your defense has been far from great. It's mainly been the Hornets missing wide open jump-shots.

The heat have done a decent job in trapping Paul though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heat Lose 100 to 89

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008110803

Heat Best:

1:Wade: 30 points, 6 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 blocks.
2:Quinn: 14........., 3............., 2............, 0........ .
3:Haslem 12........, 5............., 2............, 0........ .

Hornets Best:

1:paul: 21 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists.
2:West: 21......., 9.............., 3.......... .
3:Chandler: 13..., 10............, 0.......... .

New Orleans just killed us with the pick and rolls all night long and the Heats defence just was terrible... The hornets also had wide open shots throughout the game and it really hurt us... David West was killing Haslem whilst coach Spo was yelling at officials to call the BLOODY charge on him!!!... Wade was constantly fouled all night cause thats the only way the hornets can stop him, it went something like this :"Wade, drives through to the hoop, oh! foul!... he'll goto the line"... Quinn had a pretty good game off the bench and I think he should start next Tuesday against the Nets cause Chalmers just isn't scoring enough and could use a slight bit of a rest, and after many performances, quinn, deserves something in return... Appart form all this the Heat seamed to hold on just slightly but couldn't break the 7 to 10 point gap.

Wade was constantly fouled all night cause thats the only way the hornets can stop him, it went something like this :"Wade, drives through to the hoop, oh! foul!... he'll goto the line"...

Not having watched the game (stupid exams), is that the same thing that happened to CP3? He was at the line nearly as much as Wade.

Hi guys just thought i would state my allegance for the heat and help contribute to this page... If everyone can continue updating everyone on when the heat are on TV that would be great... and replays as i am usually at work when there one and can catch the replays usually around 8-8.30pm.... Got to watch the spurs game the other day.. Great result... Liked the line-up... disappointing about Hornets though.. Paul is a freak... i think we need a lock down perimeter defender... i know wade can do a job but we need him for more urgent matters.... Chambers is a bit too risky for my liking he wither intercepts or he misses and it's 4 on 5.... anyway back to the positives... Wade, Quinn, Chambers, livingston, cook (love this guys ability)(get a few more guards.. hahaha), beasley are our good young berade. hopefully morning comes back from injury for a few minutes :), Marion... hmm i still don't know..., haslem still the workhorse, yaidawa or something like that looks good but yet to decide, our centre stocks need to improve.... anyway look forward to gettin on here more throughout the season... GO HEAT

Hi guys just thought i would state my allegance for the heat and help contribute to this page... If everyone can continue updating everyone on when the heat are on TV that would be great...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mia/schedule

This will tell you what games we play and when, and what channel it'll be on... Only problem is that it's sheduled as American EST, which just means move it to a day later and then thats when it'll be on in Australia... Cause we are a day ahead of them...:thumbsu:

Paul is a freak... i think we need a lock down perimeter defender... i know wade can do a job but we need him for more urgent matters....

Marion played on Paul all through the 3rd quarter, did good :thumbsu:

Chambers is a bit too risky for my liking he wither intercepts or he misses and it's 4 on 5....

(Mario) Chalmers I thin you mean, I'll give you a low down on him... He's an excellent defender, steals come as points to him... LITERALLY... Frequently puts down a 3, but seams a bit scared once going into the paint. Overall, good pick up by the Heat... He'll be very good for us.

hopefully morning comes back from injury for a few minutes :)

He's not even on our Roster at the moment, but will likely come back in january, and sign for minimum wage...

Marion... hmm i still don't know...,

HE'S GOOD... And that is that....

yaidawa or something like that looks good but yet to decide,

Yakhouba Diawara, we got him because he was supposed to be just a back-up perimetre defender... but for us, luckily has shown some 3 point ability.

our centre stocks need to improve....

Bloody Oath... As much as I hate to say it:(, which is almost every week or so, we badly need Jamaal Magloire back...

Heat Beat Nets 99 - 94.

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008111014

Heat Best:

1: Wade: 33 points...
2: Beasley 19 points...
3: Cook 15 points...

Nets Best:

1: Jianlian: 24 points...
2: Carter: 22 points...
3: Dooling: 18 points...

(CBF doing all the stats, check boxscore ^ for the rest.)

Didn't watch this one but I guess Wade was the general once again... good to see he got handfull of 3's which shows that he's perfected his game for the season... He said his jumpshot badly needed working on after the knee-reco.

Beasley once again 2nd highest scorer... Its good to see also that he's starting to pass off shots and get a few assists put to his name... I haven't seen highlights yet but the last quarter seemed pretty huge for us.. (38 points last quarter)

15 points to B-Easy at half time, seemed to drop off in the second. We really shouldn't have lost this match. 1) It's at home and 2) we lose to decent teams it's ok but not lottery teams like the Bobcats.

We have Portland on thursday our time and it's on ESPN but not for Australia :(.

I listened to this one on the NBA audio pass. We were behind most of the match but smoked the nets in the second half and particularly in the last quarter. Wade hit 27 points in the second half and wasn't doing much at all in the first.

Spo went with Quinn at the clutch. We kept inbounding the ball to him when they were fouling and he hit everyone of them not giving Jers a chance.

Beasley was the man in the first half, the go to man as Wade was having a down period.

Marion obviously didn't play, but I didn't pick up why. If it was a serious injury the commentators would've been talking about it more. I think it was just a bug or flu or whatever strikes down players from time to time.

Sounded like Anthony played OK. Not great, but OK. Does some stupid things, at one point he gave away an offensive goal tend when one of Wade's J's was going in. Haslem came up with some handy boards at the end.

Yi killed us. I think he hit 5 three's, most in the second half to break little Heat fightbacks. Wade just went right back at him however.

Bring on Portland. They had a tough game today, this will be a good time to see where we're at.

Does anyone else get the sense that Banks is gone? Shocking for me to say, but his and Blount's contracts put together are almost $12m IIRC.

Hollinger has said the surest indication for a team's future success (moreso than win/loss) is point differential so I look at that quite a lot, and Miami are at a very healthy +6 at the moment and Wade is All-league

Hollinger's on the money, but early in the season ease of schedule plays a massive part as well. I'm not sure who the Heat have played, but if you add the cumulative point differentials of their opponents, and then compare to the Heat's, you should get a better indication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back