Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

GREAT WIN!

HEAT BEAT JAZZ IN TRIPLE OVERTIME 140 to 129.

Probably the most intense game i've ever watched..

Heat best:

Wade: 50 points.
O'Neal: 28.
Chalmers: 23.

Boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Am4dVOqas5sOLdLok1dMMKe8vLYF?gid=2009031414

Such an intense game... another great performance by Wade, but it was more of a team effort that lead miami to the win... Chalmers was great, and oneal was swatting em' from everywhere...

I suggest u guys watch the highlights package cause there was a f---load of basketball been played today.

Heat def. Bobcats 97-92

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news though= I don't see us catching Philly for that 5th seed.

Currently Philly's 39-35, and the Heat are 40-36

I've checked both scheduled, and realistically I see us going 3-3, and Philly going 5-3 over their last 8 games.

That would mean, Philly (44-38) would beat us (43-39) and we would play Superman and the Magic in rd 1.

Either way though, making the playoffs after winning 15 games last yr, with 2 rookie players and a rokkie coach is a HUGE achievement

GO HEAT

I dont mind playing magic round 1...

Wade averages something 35 points a game against them.. they just cant handle him.. And since its playoffs wade will be in certain elite mode... I'm seeing some 50 point performances from him.. Hopefully O'Neal becomes a bit more competitive for the finals, cause theres no doubt we badly need him.

BTW.. good win today.. No doubt the wizards are going to be good next year..

Just look:

PG: Arenas
SG: Maguire - I've watched him, he's good, very athletic and defensive minded.
SF: Butler
PF: Jamison
C: Haywood

Plus an almost certain top 3 pick... Which could equal either a Blake Griffen or Jameson Curry...

Heat def. Bobcats 97-92

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news though= I don't see us catching Philly for that 5th seed.

Currently Philly's 39-35, and the Heat are 40-36

I've checked both scheduled, and realistically I see us going 3-3, and Philly going 5-3 over their last 8 games.

That would mean, Philly (44-38) would beat us (43-39) and we would play Superman and the Magic in rd 1.

Either way though, making the playoffs after winning 15 games last yr, with 2 rookie players and a rokkie coach is a HUGE achievement

GO HEAT
So glad to be proven wrong!

Heat locked up the 5th seed today, and a very winnable first round mathup with the Hawks.

GO HEATT

Wade = MVP!!

55 points today! Career High... If he's not MVP then... Chuck Norris isn't Jesus??

Beasley also had a pretty good game... 27 poitns, 16 boards..

Moon still injured, and O'neal did his quad today..

Pretty good game... He was Great... Provides that second key scoring option... and is Defensively working really hard and improving... With all talls out he should start coming into the playoffs... Although Haslem should be back and hopefully J'Oneal but the lead up games should give him the opportunity to get some good touch running into playoff time...

It begins this weekend... Wade in good tough it looks like.. Get a couple injured players back hopefully by game 1 or 2 againts ATL... Hopefully beat them (Johnson worries me) then move on with a full healthy squad...

GO HEAT!!

Peace

Jacky

blew it.... Disapointing loss... I hate ATL those arrogant little pr!cks... Wade still not ok.. His back is giving him hell at the start of games as i must still be cold and stiff... Once it warms up he gives a little though... We need him back to full strenght by sat for game 6 at home... Beas had a good game... JON started ok but had foul trouble all night... Chalmers needs to take the game on more... Attack the basket and pull up for his beautiful jumper more often... Cook needs to start hitting more shots... We miss Moon i think as Jones isn't up to it..

Need to lift big time for this sat boys... I can't wait for the game as i think we will absolutely smash em because of ATL late game antics which Wade and the Coach later stated in an interview will be replayed over and over again before the game Sat.... Cant wait...

Bring it on

Cheers

Jacky

James Jones did an amazing 8 points in 11 seconds a few days ago... hit 2 3s and went to the line on both of them for 2 consecutive 4 point plays in 11 seconds..

we badly miss moon... Josh smith is been a real pain in the ass...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well seasons over people.... Just weren't in the game this morning... Got smashed.. JJ was pulling shots out of his ring all day...

Time to talk about the off season and what we need... Here is our list at the end of this year:

Joel Anthony Center 6'9" 260 26yo 8/9/1982 1yr pro - Restricted FA
Jamaal Magloire Center 6'11" 265 31yo 5/21/1978 8yrs pro - Unrestricted FA
Jermaine O'Neal Center 6'11" 260 30yo 10/13/1978 12yrs pro - Unrestricted FA (player option)
Mark Blount Forward-Center 7'0 250 33yo 11/30/1975 8yrs pro - Unrestricted FA (Early Termination Op)
Udonis Haslem Forward-Center 6'8" 235 28yo 6/9/1980 5yrs pro
Michael Beasley Forward 6'10" 235 20yo 1/9/1989 rookie
James Jones Small Forward 6'8" 220 28yo 10/4/1980 5yrs pro
Jamario Moon Small Forward 6'8" 200 28yo 6/13/1980 1yr pro - Restricted FA
Yakhouba Diawara Guard-Forward 6'7" 225 26yo 8/29/1982 2yrs pro - Restricted FA (player option)
Dorell Wright Guard-Forward 6'8" 205 23yo 12/2/1985 4yrs pro
Daequan Cook Guard 6'5" 210 22yo 4/28/1987 1yr pro
Dwyane Wade Guard 6'4" 212 27yo 1/17/1982 5yrs pro
Luther Head Guard 6'3" 185 26yo 11/26/1982 3yrs pro - Unrestricted FA
Chris Quinn Guard 6'2" 185 25yo 9/27/1983 2yrs pro - Restricted FA (player option)
Mario Chalmers Point Guard 6'1" 190 23yo 5/19/1986 rookie

PG: Chalmers - Is a really good talented young PG for the future but tailed off toward the end of the season given he had no help and plus he is only a rookie trying to control a good playoff team all season. We need to find a good veteran PG to help him out. Someone that will have a good influence on him and take away some of his minutes so he has time to learn and develop... Get rid of Quinn.. Luther Head maybe as a backup 1-2 guard...

SG: Wade - Gun. Cook is a good young backup scorer for wade if we keep a combo guard or a third SF on our list... He will develop consistency

SF: We need help in this position... Moon in a great backup bench player... D.Wright is injury proned but will be a good player so i think keep him... Try and get a starting SF in free agency and keep the other 2. Get rid of or trade Diawarra and Jones... or at most keep one as a back bench player...

PF: Beasley to start ahead of Haslem. He will work hard on his defence in the off season and will develop a mindset of when to dish, shoot or drive to the hole. Haslem will be good off the bench and a great montor for Beas with his work on D in the off season and take charge of the young secondary.

C: Please someone over 7ft who is a good young energetic defender... Heart on a sleave type of guy... Joel Anthony and Maglour we will keep... Develop JA into a great stopper like he his looking now and Maglour is a great locker-room guy and helps keep team balance and a bit of offense... Both are ok to take up small minutes... Get rid of or trade Blout and O'neal...

Looking at some of the names on FA lists: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

I think we should look at the following:

Unrestriced FA available:

M.Bibby PG 30yrs old
A. Miller PG 33yrs old
J. Kidd PG (although i don't like his attitude to the game nowdays) 36yrs old

T. Ariza SF (Would be a perfect fit) 23yrs old 6'8"
M.Barnes SF (possibly.. not sold that much on him though) 29yrs old
S. Marion is available :) 30yrs old

Z. Ilgauskas C (Big Z would be good at C) 33yrs old 7'3"
Z. Pachulia C (killed us in the playoffs with his energy and D) 25yrs o 6'11"
M. Okur C (not really defensive though) 29yrs old 6'11"

Restricted FA available:

R. Sessions PG (good 1-2 punch with chalmers) 23yrs old

So i think our No 1 target should be PG: Bibby/Miller, SF: Ariza, C: Big Z

Discuss

Cheers

Jacky

Fair good season overall... Making finals after a season where we won only 16 games is pretty special.. And coming 5th in the conference is a damn good achievement too.

coming up to the draft I think we'll probably trade for a pick... Can't remember who but one of the top 10 lottery teams is in Cap trouble and are very likely to trade their pick... Hopefully we get at least one 1st rounder...

Hmm such is our cap situation I don't think there's room for trades at all, especially with JON and Blount sure things to make us big players in 2010 FA any trades would surely include Haslem and/or Wright. From memory (may need to be corrected), we have 3 second round picks this draft and that suits me just fine. Quinn, Diawara and 1 other (Head??) will make way for these 3 guys. This draft isn't great but it's amazingly deep so we are in the right year to have 3 second round picks. We have the last pick in the draft and i think it's pretty certain we will take Jack McClinton from Miami (FL). I've been keeping a close eye on him, he's possibly the best shooter I've ever seen in the NCAA. He was ACC first team (same conference as UNC, Duke) and plays mainly the 2 or 3. I really like this guy.

I said this draft is deep, and in particular point guards which is probably our number 1 need. With our first pick we need to take a PG. I'm hoping AJ Price from UConn, I've been all over this guy all season and I like him alot. He's a senior so has good experience and should be able to handle it with Chalmers. if he's taken (highly likely) then I think we draft for size first up. We need someone that can rebound and Hansbrough and Pendergraph I'd love on our team. Other PG's to consider are Dominic James from Marquette and Tyrese Rice from Boston.

I think we should also look at Danny Green from UNC as a bloke who can possibly start at the 3. He can shoot a nice long bomb and is a good passer (both essential with Wade on the floor) but most importantly plays really good, tight defense. Although a starting line-up including Chalmers, Beasley and Green worries me.

I thought i read somewhere that we are one of only a hand full of teams with cap room this off-season...?

anyway we may re-sign JON with the option he has for the year so his contract comes off the books in the superstar 2010 FA period...

I think we have alot of younger type players on the list and maybe trading one of our 2nd rounders and a fringe player like quinn, diawarra, blout, jones ect for a decent FA this season wouldn't be a bad idea... i don't think trevor ariza or pachulia from FA would demand too much, plus they are both yound 23 and 25 and would still give us 2 or so big contracts (JON and Blout) to come off the books and make us players in the 2010 FA period...

I thought i read somewhere that we are one of only a hand full of teams with cap room this off-season...?

anyway we may re-sign JON with the option he has for the year so his contract comes off the books in the superstar 2010 FA period...

I think we have alot of younger type players on the list and maybe trading one of our 2nd rounders and a fringe player like quinn, diawarra, blout, jones ect for a decent FA this season wouldn't be a bad idea... i don't think trevor ariza or pachulia from FA would demand too much, plus they are both yound 23 and 25 and would still give us 2 or so big contracts (JON and Blout) to come off the books and make us players in the 2010 FA period...

Its player option isn't it??

If it is, O'Neal would definitely accept.. (25-30 Million salary)

I am pretty keen on Ariza, but not so much Pachulia... Pachulia's been around for a while and I'm still not overly sold on him.. Definitely could trade a Blount due to his expire value.. And I think we should keep Jones for another year or so... He still hasen't been able to spread his wings yet in Miami donly playing half da season... His wrist ligament injury took away the strength in his hand.. Give him a good pre-season to perfect his shot again.

Yeah we are definitely stuck with JO for another season unless he pulls the pin.

Have to look at trading Haslem, Beasley will start to require starters minutes soon and if we move Haslem now he'll be an appealing prospect for plenty of teams in need of front court depth (Boston for example).

I like Ariza too but I reckon he's exactly the kind of guy that can end up with a bad contract. He'll get a 'probably a bit too much' deal from somewhere.

Sorry yes it is a player option on JON's contract at about 24mil a year so he would be either very very stupid or very keen to get out which i don't think is the case so i think he will be back next year... Although his trade value would be enormous given his massive expiring contract and teams looking at 2010 FA eg Chicago... but i doubt a trade would be the right call... hold on to the contracts and offer someone a max contract in 2010 FA.. along with signing wade that is :)... I hope we go after Ariza as i think he fits Coach's style of defence first plus his age would be a good pick-up... Then concentrate the 2010 FA period on a Big eg Stoudamire, LeBron :), Yao Ming, or Chris Bosh...

Lineup for 2011 season:

Chalmers - with a couple years under his belt brilliant
Wade - will be 30 or so and have less dependence on him
Ariza - Def lockdown or LeBron :D
Beasley - Scorer + improved d after 2 years. still only be 21-22 :eek:
Bosh/Stoudamire - hopefully....

Joe Ingles SF
Russell Hicks C
Jerel McNeal SG
Jeremy Pargo PG
Luke Harangody PF

Are all scheduled to have private workouts with the Heat over the next week or so.

Ingles! Very nice..

Too bad AJ Ogilvy hasn't opted to join the draft... I'm certain heat would have had a good chance at getting him with a second rounder..

Here are my draft predictions:

1st pick: Blake Griffin.
2nd pick: Hasheem Thabeet.
3rd pick: Jordan Hill.
4th pick: James Harden.
5th pick: Brandon Jennings.
43rd pick: Danny Green/Ingles <Lol.

Draft Bust: Hasheem Thabeet - No offencive game. Falls over way too much.
Draft Steal: Jeff Teague - Gilbert Arenas in the making.. This guy=star!

No love for Ricky Rubio?

I really like that Green pick. We have three main needs atm i think, depth at both PG and C positions and a long-term starting SF. I think Green can be our starting SF. We wont address our C needs this draft that is certain so I'd love to see Green at 43 (if he's still around). Also keep your mind open to taking Omri Casspi, an international. A PG at 60 is also a possibility, a bloke like Jeremy Pargo might fill that void, a senior from Gonzaga will be ready to play asap, although he did go backwards in the 08/09 season from his previous ones.

If we move Quinn, Diawara and Head from the roster, with our 2 draft picks, we'd still only have a roster of 14. I don't think Ingles will get drafted but he could be an unsigned FA pick for us. Also been lots of talk about signing Jason Kidd as a FA with our MLE...

We're about to see most significant fallout of the Mark Blount/Ricky Davis trade. If there's still some talent left at pick 18 in a few weeks that could be very beneficial to us (Holiday, Blair, Calathes, Lawal just to name a few) I will be very frustrated.

Then again, if Blounts contract allows us to get Bosh or any other big FA then it will work out OK.

As it stands I have absolutely no idea who we might take with our picks. We have 3 main needs; a starting 3, depth at the point and depth at centre. We wont find a starting 3 with either of our picks so I'm hoping for a PG with #43 and then at #60, who knows (hopefully McClinton).

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat <2008-09>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back