Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Good idea mate...

Looks like the rumors where just that.... Artest to sign with Lakers and Ariza to sign with Rockets... Gortat to Mavs and Sheed looking like heading to Celtic..... Dissapointing... No news from Miami till Wade's July 12 contract extension date i fear...

Cheers
Jacky

Apparently also Ramon Sessions is gonna test the market from the Bucks...

He would be a perfect target for us.. He's good enough to challenge Chalmers for a starting position. Has great talent in which he's had games where he's had 20pt's and 20 assists on a couple of occasions.. Also is certainly cheap enough to obtain from the MLE.

If not him, we could get Andre Miller.

I've ranked the players discussed in terms of how much I'd love them to be a member of the heat...
1. David Lee (Fills a need, is young and improving. A breakout year is around the corner)
2. Brandon Bass (Gives us some size we desperately need)
3. Ramon Sessions (Young and talented, played in a team very heavy in PG's. Fills a need for us.)
4. Andre Miller (Perhaps the most realistic of the lot?? Both Spo and Riley want a vet PG on the roster. He seems to be available and somewhat in the price range.)
5. Elton Brand (I don't think he can offer us as much as others, especially with the $ he'd be getting)
6. Iverson (Iverson + Beasley + Wade's contract year = disaster!)

Don't like David Lee..

He's a very soft defender.. Earl Boykins can defend a Centre better than Lee.

Appart from being a justified rebounder and decent inside scorer. There's not much else to him.

Also, Hornets are shopping Tyson Chandler.. If that means we can get rid of a high & expiring contract (eg. Blount, O'Neal) Then I'll be happy with that.

Beasley> David Lee

I never said I'd trade Beasley for Lee. If we can get Lee with the MLE I think you'd be silly to say it was a bad move.

What do people think about bringing Marion back for just this season? He doesn't seem to have drawn lots of interest from other ball clubs, especially if Hedo signs with Toronto as expected.

FWIW, trading for Chandler would be an amazing move. I'd love to see it done!

:D Clearing cap space could prove brilliant for the Bulls, Rose and Wade = Best back court in NBA:thumbsu: Add to that Salmons, Noah, Deng and Hinrich, if we could sign a PF or trade Hinrich for one, we'd be looking very good. Sorry about this, as it's the Miami thread, but it's Wade related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwyane Wade is giving me the sh*ts big time at the moment. I hate it how players come out and open their mouth in the media at the detriment to their team and supporters. I don't expect players to be cliche all the time and talk about how everything is rosy, but they should at least be respectful to the people that pay his wages.

How does he expect Riley to make big moves if other teams know Wade will go if Riley doesn't?

If Riley does nothing and we either don't make the playoffs, or don't make it past the 1st round, Wade leaves.

If Riley makes moves and they don't work, Wade leaves. We could trade Beasley, but unless we win a championship, we've traded away one of the most outrageous talents in the league. You can't help but think that Wade is saying "Get Beasley the hell away from me as soon as possible."

Dwyane Wade plays for Miami, Miami doesn't play for Dwyane Wade.

Riley wouldn't trade Beasley for Bosh or Stoudamire.. I think he said Beasley was so prestigious to the team that he wouldn't dare trade him..

I think Pat and Spo are relying too much on guys like Beasley, Chalmers, Wright and Cook to rise and become elite basketballers.

:D Clearing cap space could prove brilliant for the Bulls, Rose and Wade = Best back court in NBA:thumbsu: Add to that Salmons, Noah, Deng and Hinrich, if we could sign a PF or trade Hinrich for one, we'd be looking very good. Sorry about this, as it's the Miami thread, but it's Wade related.

Couple of things you need to remember: -

a) Chicago doesn't have the cap space to offer Wade a max contract, Miami does.
b) Chicago isn't contending.

So effectively wade would be leaving to chicago for less $$ while being in a relatively similar situation. Also why the hell would you wanna leave Miami for Chicago?

Oh and finally: -

c) Both Wade/Rose are slasher guards, they wouldn't compliment each other.

They will have plenty of room to offer the max after this season.

And can do a sign and trade if they choose to give Wade a Bird rights max.

Neither is Miami.

I'd agree with that.

Ok so effectively wade moving to chicago would mean he's leaving a non-contending team which can offer him the max contract (Miami) for another non-contending team which can offer him the max contract (Bulls). Not only that but he'd be moving to a city which isn't as desirable to live in. So my point is, why would he leave Miami for Chicago?

Wade has already won a championship in Miami. I'm sure doing it in his home team, with one of the biggest organisations would be high on his list of priorities.

I have no doubts his first priority is to stay in Miami but he expects certain moves to happen in order for him to do this. With no moves and the current roster we have, we wont get out of the first round, if we even get there and I absolutely understand Wade shouldn't waste another year like he did the season just gone.

We have to get realistic and say there's a big chance he'll leave Miami, I'm just disappointed with his current comments and public frustration. As much as I love Beasley, I'm kind of hoping we drafted Brook Lopez.

No one knows anymore whether having AI in your team is good or bad...

Wade and Iverson COULD compliment each other in a way if the Heat chose to sign him, but Iverson may turn on the team and become a selfish basketballer like he has with his previous 2 teams, therefore wasting Wades, Beasleys.ect abilitys.

If AI came to the Heat I wouldn't be pissed off.. If it means more talent and more depth on our roster then that can't hurt.. I'm just afraid that he'd ruin the whole "Team" aspect.

This team is in limbo for a year unless we make a big move. I currently rate Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Atlanta and Toronto ahead of us in the east and as it stands I can't see us making the playoffs. Indiana and Charlotte will both be considerably better than last season aswell. Although not making the playoffs holds us in good stead for draft day, especially if Toronto make them as we'd have 2 picks in the top 20 in a good centre heavy draft, if you're writing off a year, you seriously need to develop the younger players rather than signing players just for the sake of it.

If Riley has Iverson in his plans for longer than the up-coming season then by all means sign him, I'd be rapt with that. But for the last year we've heard lots of scenarios and plans, and Iverson hasn't been in any of them.

Wade has said he has no grudge against Pat Riley.. But he quoted that he's very frustrated that the heat haven't been aggressive on the market this season, seeing guys like Jefferson, Wallace and other big named stars slowly being picked up cheaply by highly regarded teams.

I think (really hope) a Boozer trade is inevitable. It obviously depends what we give up but he would offer so much to our team. Utah obviously want to deal him, and I'd think he'd be fairly cheap. I'd definitely not offer Beasley or a 1st round pick, but for the right price it's exactly what we need (keep our 2010 options open, and Wade gets a big name player to keep him satisfied) not to mention Boozer is in a contract year, lives on South Beach and friends with Heat owners the Arison's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back