Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to our first game (pre season) and the reports comming through on this board gave me a bit of a head start about Barlow and how good he is likely to be.

When he starred in the Dees game my mate who i sat a the footy with watched him like I did to see what you guys here were on about.

Same thing today within the first 10 minutes Barlow's name was on a lot of lips. So we called him Brownlow Barlow.
After the game on the train to the city I mentioned Brownlow Barlow to the bloke sitting next to me. He (with tongue in cheek) reminded me that there's a fellow name Natinui who will win it. "Oops I said" I'd clean forgot. :cool:

How good were his hands in close? So quick.

Will be interesting to see how he goes with a really solid tag. Constant movement seems to be his method, looking forward to watching him more as the season progresses. :thumbsu:

Kid looks the goods. Well done to Freo taking a punt on him.

For your sake i hope he doesn't become a star and flees home back to Melbourne. But then again...

a guy who gets selected at 22 after being overlooked time and again, surely would show a little loyalty. im sure we'll be right there. plus, he's playing in a side that should really only go up in the future... just keep your filthy visy hands away from him hehe ;);)

Kid looks the goods. Well done to Freo taking a punt on him.

For your sake i hope he doesn't become a star and flees home back to Melbourne. But then again...

... what do you mean becomes?

What a great debut game. Can't wait to see him and Palmer in the centre and at stoppages - it will be nice to force some oppositions teams to go defensive and reactionary at clearances instead of us.

Sandi Barlow, Palmer, Hase & Mundy - Mora and Hill running the wings ... this is a recipe for some genuine clearance potential :thumbsu:

... what do you mean becomes?

What a great debut game. Can't wait to see him and Palmer in the centre and at stoppages - it will be nice to force some oppositions teams to go defensive and reactionary at clearances instead of us.

Sandi Barlow, Palmer, Hase & Mundy - Mora and Hill running the wings ... this is a recipe for some genuine clearance potential :thumbsu:
Kicking into the forward line to Pav, Mayne Johno with Balla at their feet, Chuck Suban into your mix and if it goes down back big McpHarlazza takes a mark or brought or Duffers pick it up rebound.:):D:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:)

also........don't forget Morabito. Kicked a long goal and had 13 disp. Thats not even bad for a first game and would be happy if he plays like that this whole season.

This certainly helped me enjoy my coffeee this morning:

MAIN MEN
Recruiters all over Victoria should hang their heads in shame, after Michael Barlow's AFL debut. It was not like the Werribee boy had not done enough in his home state, winning the Fothergill-Round Medal for the VFL's best young player. But somehow allowed to slip to number eight in the rookie draft, he has given the Dockers a ready-made ball magnet.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dockers-bury-the-crows-20100328-r5e1.html

To FINALLY read a Victorian paper that says we did something right when it comes to recruiting = just wow! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting comments made by this chap back in late January in the DT thread. Dunno about the backup bit though.

Maybe later in the season, but keep an eye on him during the NAB. Chris Mayne is my tip for a big year and should be reasonably cheap due to missing a lot of games last season but performed well on his return. It all depends on how much you have spare.

If you are looking for good bench value then keep an eye on our rookies, we may be looking at nominating 2 players before the season starts. If Michael Barlow gets the nod by having a good NAB, then he should get game time in the season proper and would become a pretty handy backup mid in your DT for under $100k. A high possession getter in the VFL who is physically mature. A cash cow prospect.

Knew from the start he would be good ... met him at training with the kids and stated that he was loving living the dream. Deserves everything he gets. Down to earth real bloke!

Credit where credit is due, your recruiters certainly did a great job picking him up. Bet there's a few questions being asked of some of the other club recruiters after that performance.

Didn't he take the nominated rookie spot?

Yeah he didn't take anyone's spot. He's on the main list for the whole year.

We need someone like Scottie to take one for the team and take the year off with depression or something so we don't have to demote any of the other rookies back though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back